What are you thinking about?

pwny

3 hours ago, Sad People said:

So true. The whole idea of "family is everything" "you need your family is your life" is such a crock of **** to me.

That is as your name suggest. Sorry you feel that way.

Being so far away from much of mine. The only issue I have is making sure I contact them all accordingly. A dozen worth weekly, with add-ons of bi-weekly and monthly contacts. With my mom and sisters being randomly every freakin day. Mom talks/videos/visits all 11 of her grandkids every day. (5 live next door)

Cant imagine life without family structure and support. Like if America ran out of butter. Got 1 sister in Aruba and 1 Trinidad. And either would bring me that butter at breakneck speeds just because I asked. And I them. That term "family is everything" is just that if you have it. Heck, Katrina happened while I was at LSU. No contact for a week. My parents, sisters and 4 other relatives rushed up loaded with supplies. Didnt ask. and didnt know they were doing it until I spotted mom climbing over debris trying to get to the front door. lol

Like they say, Youre a tougher man than me walkin your path alone. I couldnt have made it this far without mine. And not afraid to admit it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That is as your name suggest. Sorry you feel that way.

Being so far away from much of mine. The only issue I have is making sure I contact them all accordingly. A dozen worth weekly, with add-ons of bi-weekly and monthly contacts. With my mom and sisters being randomly every freakin day. Mom talks/videos/visits all 11 of her grandkids every day. (5 live next door)

Cant imagine life without family structure and support. Like if America ran out of butter. Got 1 sister in Aruba and 1 Trinidad. And either would bring me that butter at breakneck speeds just because I asked. And I them. That term "family is everything" is just that if you have it. Heck, Katrina happened while I was at LSU. No contact for a week. My parents, sisters and 4 other relatives rushed up loaded with supplies. Didnt ask. and didnt know they were doing it until I spotted mom climbing over debris trying to get to the front door. lol

Like they say, Youre a tougher man than me walkin your path alone. I couldnt have made it this far without mine. And not afraid to admit it.

I mean it does say Sad People not Sad Person, Theres a difference and doesnt imply that im sad. Its also a song by Kid Cudi that i really enjoy.

My family is some of the most toxic, narcissistic, self absorbed cowards ive ever come by. I will be so incredibly happy when i dont have to see them again or talk to them again. Be grateful that you have family like that and it sounds like you are. Only way my family would of done something like that for me at Katrina is if there was something for them to gain out of it or it was convenient to them at the time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I mean it does say Sad People not Sad Person, Theres a difference and doesnt imply that im sad. Its also a song by Kid Cudi that i really enjoy.

My family is some of the most toxic, narcissistic, self absorbed cowards ive ever come by. I will be so incredibly happy when i dont have to see them again or talk to them again. Be grateful that you have family like that and it sounds like you are. Only way my family would of done something like that for me at Katrina is if there was something for them to gain out of it or it was convenient to them at the time.

I came to America from South America. I know getting away from toxic people helps as good as anyone. So with that, and gaining space/breathing room from constantly being around your family. Do you think that could help improve relations? Sounds like it will certainly improve your mental health if youre not getting yelled at for an hour and a half. Could it work for all involved and maybe grow from that?

Not trying to be nosy, just want things to improve for you. Hope over the horizon.

12 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I came to America from South America. I know getting away from toxic people helps as good as anyone. So with that, and gaining space/breathing room from constantly being around your family. Do you think that could help improve relations? Sounds like it will certainly improve your mental health if youre not getting yelled at for an hour and a half. Could it work for all involved and maybe grow from that?

Not trying to be nosy, just want things to improve for you. Hope over the horizon.

Na theres nothing that can repair it and i dont want to. i dont have any space in my life for narcissistic, toxic people. Theyve had years to right their wrongs and continue being the same old people. And na dont trip at all lol

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sad People said:

So true. The whole idea of "family is everything" "you need your family is your life" is such a crock of **** to me.

Agreed.  My step-mother does not want a relationship with me, and has essentially forbid my father from having much of one, which only really sucks now because he lives in Florida/Michigan, and I’m in Maryland with my grandmother and I’m basically doing everything for her, just without official power of attorney.  

However, that experience has allowed me to really help my girlfriend navigate financial abuse from her mother.  She’s also put a stop to that between the mother and her sister as well.  Very proud of her.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I take it youre in a northern city. Which I am clueless about.

But what about tapping into regional small businesses that deal in food and alcohol. Have like tasting events, unveilings.

Around me. Wine is king. Ill guess its more grainbased for your region with breweries. But would work the same. Boils down to small businesses promoting one another. Get 5 breweries promoting you, while your restaurant is promoting and building them fans. Places around me pack in for these type events. One wine release event we went to recent drew so well the building couldnt handle so a buffet station was set up outside. They had music as well. But it was 3 wineries that brought goods, 1 having their new release.

Now this is what I'm talking about. I love this idea! Astute observation: I am in the Northwoods, and beer is king lol but we do have plenty of wineries as well. Promoting unveilings and taste tests is a fantastic idea 

Just now, smetana34 said:

Where you staying at? We typically stay at the Hiawatha and we've always been pleased

We usually just find a private place on Airbnb or VRBO. Found a place with a legit set-up out back so we can just chill around the fire and take in the river. It's about 10 minutes south of the Hiawatha, across the river from route 70, tucked back into some private residences.

Saw something about LenDale White so I went to his wiki to see what he’s up to. Nothing recently. But his career was a hilarious read.
At the scouting combine, there were “audible groans” when he took his shirt off, one GM said he needed a bra and that’s where “LenWhale White” started. Was too out of shape for any of the drills outside of bench. Had an injured hammy too. 
Which didn’t stop the Titans from taking him in the second. Based on his stat line and power back pedigree in college, I get it, but from what he showed after why would you take him so early?

He instantly got in a fight with safety Donnie Nickey and spat in his face. All this just as his career is starting lmao. I couldn’t write fiction better than this. Then he ran for 200 yards the whole season. 
The following year he went over 1k for the first and only time of his career, on almost as many carries. Then he had knee surgery and citations for destruction of private property. 
White follows it up with another decent single statistic season (15 TDs, which is a ton), but had another year of abysmal average and average yardage, but it’s the CJ2K show now. He managed to not injure himself or get arrested, but stomped on the Steelers terrible towel, even though Pittsburgh and Tennessee have no beef. 
He finally lost weight in the following season by “cutting tequila out of his diet”. I laughed at every part paragraph of his career write up. But had a horrible season that somehow ended up with him getting resigned. 
Pete Carroll gets hired in Seattle and sends a 4th for White, but White instantly fails a drug test, gets suspended 4 games and then cut. The 4th round pick ended up being Alterraun Verner, who for a short time there was a good DB. 

He signed with the broncos for two years but instantly tore his Achilles and was done. 
I want to call his 15 td season a unicorn season for him, but I think LenDale White himself is a unicorn. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

Oh I live with them : /

Trying to get out of the situation though yeah. 

When you're out, if you can afford therapy, look up someone who specializes in Internal Family Systems or IFS. It's not family therapy, it's individual work, the "family" in the name is a bit of a misnomer if you aren't familiar with it.

If you saw the movie Inside Out, that's a good representation.

• Like 1