What are you thinking about?

pwny

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The Budweiser uproar is hilarious 

I'm just annoyed with how people still think Bud Light hasnt always been disgusting. Liking it to begin with is what should get a person cancelled. 

Edit - that clamato one was the worst ever though. I took that one personal. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dont know what Spring Break is like in yalls areas. But here. Its as if every gas station employee has 4 kids and not a single one could find a sitter.

It blows my mind whenever adults talk about "spring beak". I've never heard of it in MN but I work with a ton of people in TX and they all take a week or two off just because it is "spring break", so maybe it is just a Southern thing. So weird.

We're diving into cyber security a bit in classes this week...and next semester all four courses are completely focused on that area. It seems like something I'd be interested in (the money I'm seeing with a lot of these jobs doesn't hurt either 😂)

43 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

It blows my mind whenever adults talk about "spring beak". I've never heard of it in MN but I work with a ton of people in TX and they all take a week or two off just because it is "spring break", so maybe it is just a Southern thing. So weird.

I meant for the local schools. All the kids are out on break and it seems these parents had no other option than to take the kids to work.

Felt bad for those workers. The station I hit yesterday. Next to a major road, in front a massive lumberyard that probably avgs a truck haul every few mins passing through. And lumber haulers in the lot around the clock. 6 kids running around while their parents were trying to tend to customers and all else. Had to be a high stress day for them.

But yeah. A lot of adults take some spring break time around here. Floods of city people mainly roll in to get out on the water while the whole fam has time off. And it being too hot in summer to really enjoy a sunny day. Like I have a pair of weekend neighbors that have been down all week with their college age kids and inlaws. Just makes for good timing to do such around here. Before the heat. 2 Julys back I believe we had 1 day that didnt top 90. Where for you in MN the 4th of July weekend is probably a fantastic time to use your leave.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

We're diving into cyber security a bit in classes this week...and next semester all four courses are completely focused on that area. It seems like something I'd be interested in (the money I'm seeing with a lot of these jobs doesn't hurt either 😂)

Cyber security is a great field right now. Beware though, when it comes to getting hired for cyber security positions, most employers don't even know what that means. There are recent massive pushes from higher ups, like board members and CEOs, to be more "cyber secure", and they have no idea what that actually means. If you're lucky, you can get a job doing basically nothing for big money. If you're unlucky, you still get paid well, but end up doing menial IT work and getting blamed for anything and everything that happens to anyone's computer. Finding a sweet spot, where you do actual cyber security work for good money, is relatively rare from my experience.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Cyber security is a great field right now. Beware though, when it comes to getting hired for cyber security positions, most employers don't even know what that means. There are recent massive pushes from higher ups, like board members and CEOs, to be more "cyber secure", and they have no idea what that actually means. If you're lucky, you can get a job doing basically nothing for big money. If you're unlucky, you still get paid well, but end up doing menial IT work and getting blamed for anything and everything that happens to anyone's computer. Finding a sweet spot, where you do actual cyber security work for good money, is relatively rare from my experience.

I have a lot of connections (which is nice)...so hopefully I'll land in that  "do nothing for big money" field but...guess we'll see. 😂 Either way, I feel like there's a lot of different area I can go once I graduate so that's a big plus. 

I'm just excited to be done school and hopefully not have to drive a school bus for much longer. 

• Like 1