What are you thinking about?

pwny

Just now, MWil23 said:

I show it to my Psychology Students each year. Good film.

The whole movie is great. I really wish there was something like that when I was a kid. It would have been nice to have an outside, "official" source telling you that when you're a child, you cry, and your parents don't or can't support you, it's because there's something wrong with them.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The whole movie is great. I really wish there was something like that when I was a kid. It would have been nice to have an outside, "official" source telling you that when you're a child, you cry, and your parents don't or can't support you, it's because there's something wrong with them.

Yeah, even as a parent who fails it doesn't necessarily portray them as "villains" per say, just more that they are failing without knowing because they only see the surface level of things going on.

I heard a leading person in this talk about how moving and the death of a loved one are 1 and 2 on the list of things that negatively impact people in terms of stress.

• Like 2

Calling to break up with AT&T today for my bundled internet and DirecTV as now finally out in the country where I live I could get much higher speed Internet.

T Mobile 5G internet has me pulling over 200 mbps and I got a deco net mesh system hooked up, so now there are no dead spots in my entire house ($200 for the system).

The T Mobile 5G internet is $50 a month with NO CONTRACT.

My bundled AT&T combination is almost $130 a month.

Wish me luck boys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Calling to break up with AT&T today for my bundled internet and DirecTV as now finally out in the country where I live I could get much higher speed Internet.

T Mobile 5G internet has me pulling over 200 mbps and I got a deco net mesh system hooked up, so now there are no dead spots in my entire house ($200 for the system).

The T Mobile 5G internet is $50 a month with NO CONTRACT.

My bundled AT&T combination is almost $130 a month.

Wish me luck boys.

I hate DirecTV. Proud of you.

Cant wait to dump that bill. Glad that division is collapsing on AT&T like Blockbuster.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

Oh I live with them : /

Trying to get out of the situation though yeah. 

When my dad lived with me for a brief period as an adult, he got under my skin. Years later, we have a very “surface-level” relationship. I still talk to him, but I’m not as emotionally invested. However, he is now on day 10 in the hospital, and I hate seeing him like this. He is showing significant improvement though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oaktownOG said:

thinking how it's wild this forum is still around... I first started posting on here in like 2005 lol

A lot of forums have opened and closed over this time.  I had a couple smaller ones as well, and helped run more than a few.  

Reddit, Twitter and Discord have really killed communities like this.  

• Like 3

Gave my principals a heads up that I’ll likely be accepting a job this summer outside of education, just because I know they’re working on scheduling for next year and I don’t want them to waste their time.

They responded by transferring me to the middle school effective in the fall.

EaREaOoXYAACdcZ.jpg

I still stand by my decision as I’d feel terrible if it happened to another coworker, but yeah, up since 2:00AM trying to digest this.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 6:54 AM, MWil23 said:

Gave my principals a heads up that I’ll likely be accepting a job this summer outside of education, just because I know they’re working on scheduling for next year and I don’t want them to waste their time.

EaREaOoXYAACdcZ.jpg

I still stand by my decision as I’d feel terrible if it happened to another coworker, but yeah, up since 2:00AM trying to digest this.

Let this be a lesson to you to never do the right thing again.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 6:54 AM, MWil23 said:

Sounds like they wasted their time

18 hours ago, theJ said:

Sounds like they wasted their time

Hopefully. Still waiting on the final paperwork to come through. It’s not their fault, as the administration at central office is once again inexplicably cutting HS positions despite being financially solvent through 2027. At least they can hire 2 more administrators at central office though. 

On 4/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

A lot of forums have opened and closed over this time.  I had a couple smaller ones as well, and helped run more than a few.  

Reddit, Twitter and Discord have really killed communities like this.  

Needs app capability 

• Like 1