What are you thinking about?

pwny

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Looking at an 07 Saturn Sky Redline mint condition 11,800 miles. They want 20k for it. 

For a few bucks more, would you consider a 2017 Fiat 124 Arbath? Can find one with similar mileage for $25k.

I’ve toyed with the idea of a Fiat 124 or a Miata as a side piece. Was eyeing a Jaguar F-TYPE but even a used one with reasonable mileage is priced out of what I’d consider for a side piece (and I couldn’t really make it a daily driver with the kiddos). 

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

For a few bucks more, would you consider a 2017 Fiat 124 Arbath? Can find one with similar mileage for $25k.

I’ve toyed with the idea of a Fiat 124 or a Miata as a side piece. Was eyeing a Jaguar F-TYPE but even a used one with reasonable mileage is priced out of what I’d consider for a side piece (and I couldn’t really make it a daily driver with the kiddos). 

There’s a 2017 with 27k miles for $22,500 nearby 

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Accident on it. It’s nice though. I think it’s worth closer to that than the Saturn. The Saturn KBB good is like 12,800 they just resale for a lot more because they are rare. 

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:
21 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Accident on it. It’s nice though.

Bleh - no bueno. Definitely a great drivers’ car, would highly recommend it. Might get one once I finish school as a graduation present.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Single parent for the weekend, and boy is it hard. I have no idea how actual single parents do it. The boy got distracted by all the other kids in infant care while I was at the gym this morning, missed his nap, and now his whole day is messed up. Have to cross out all the other plans I had today and replace them with "get the kid's sleep schedule back on track so bedtime isn't a nightmare".

Single parent of 3 for near a decade. Got 2 at 4 and 1 at 5. I had to save, established here in America, and then was able to bring them over. The oldest heads to college this fall. Be successful like that immigrant African-American hero Musk the natives throw fits over. 😜

intro-1655339575.webp

On 4/1/2023 at 6:24 PM, bigbadbuff said:

What do you think about the Sky?

I actually have no opinion on it - didn’t know anyone who had one or drove one. Best I can do is Car/Driver type opinions. Two door convertible roadsters are generally fun, though - the Miata might be the funnest car to drive, it’s like a souped up go-kart. You can throw that thing at curves and turns, it handles so confidently. The 124 is similar, a bit more power at the wheels… but just meant for the twisties. The F-TYPE is basically a land rocket, just begging to fly.

The biggest thing for me is all these cars were meant to be driven as a manual - I love driving manual, throwing the stick shift around and hearing the car respond. 

It’s kinda fascinating to read the differences between the British Harry Potter books and American. It was always known they changed Philosopher to Sorcerer, which wasn’t because Americans are incapable of learning a word, but because it’s not a word that pulls kids in. But I was thinking that I don’t recall ever reading any British colloquialisms, or at least ones that weren’t instantly understandable. Looks like when they released it for America, they rewrote a chunk of it to make it more understandable for the common American that is unfamiliar with British culture. Such as “parking lot” for “car park”

also, now that I think about it, if they’d stuck with Philosopher and HP had experienced the same success, I imagine a significant chunk of Americans would be fond of the word without ever actually knowing what a philosopher is. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't meet many people named Scott any more. 

How many 'Ron's and 'Bob's do you know that are under the age of 50? Every Robert nowadays is going by Rob, with the rare Bobby thrown in. I think we need to bring Bob back.

• Like 1