2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

3 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Taking a player in 4th for special team i don't really know the value here...

He wasn't just for special teams.  I doubt we even deploy him as much as a WR as a move-TE or red-zone weapon a la Darren Waller early in his career when he was coming from Ga Tech as a "WR" (though it's not like Paul Johnson's Tech team was really using tradition WR sets - Waller was a short reception/YAC monster).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Its fair to expect a little more from one of the best size-adjusted athletes we've ever seen at WR and TE.

Agreed with this. 6’5 with a blazing 40 could be a matchup nightmare at TE. 

11 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

He wasn't just for special teams.  I doubt we even deploy him as much as a WR as a move-TE or red-zone weapon a la Darren Waller early in his career when he was coming from Ga Tech as a "WR" (though it's not like Paul Johnson's Tech team was really using tradition WR sets - Waller was a short reception/YAC monster).

So they already gave up on Brycen Hopkins...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Taking a player in 4th for special team i don't really know the value here...

His immediate impact will be special teams but he eventually will become involved in the offense because he has the size and speed. They mentioned him in the same breath as DK. Now we know he won’t be DK but the size and speed is obviously similar so he better eventually work his way into the offense at some point lol. All I know is McVay is loading up on explosive offensive players because the past two seasons especially last season was frustrating the offense didn’t look right.

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

So they already gave up on Brycen Hopkins...

No but can Hopkins play special teams? It’s just another piece on offense to make life miserable for defenses. McVay and Stafford is going to have fun this year and for years to come with all these options on offense. 

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I also wouldn't hate Deonte Brown coming up here.  Though we've never really been the "ignore body-type issues that may cause other teams to pass" type when it comes to OL.

Wouldn’t mind that at all.

shocked that Dylan Moses is still available. 

7 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I also wouldn't hate Deonte Brown coming up here.  Though we've never really been the "ignore body-type issues that may cause other teams to pass" type when it comes to OL.

Like big Rok Watkins.

Didn't he lose some weight leading up to the draft?

2 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Wouldn’t mind that at all.

shocked that Dylan Moses is still available. 

At the same time, I'm not.  Inability to check out his medicals properly is definitely hurting guys like him, Trey Hill (who tore both his meniscuses in December), I don't doubt Hufanga as well.