Pound the Table!

Scoundrel

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Brian Urlacher got juked by unathletic QB's once every 3 games. It happens. Baron certainly isn't a perfect prospect, but his ceiling is way up there, and I think he's a better football player right now than Moses. I would take McGrone and Cox over Browning right now though. Baron won't be in the running for DROY, but in 3 or 4 years he could end up being a constant at the pro bowl (with the right coaching staff). I think his floor is Nigel Bradham, but his ceiling is...Al Wilson or something good.

I've watched every snap of Browning's career. He's very difficult to evaluate. @MSURacerDT55 and I have had a lot of good back and forths with him over the last year or so.

He's a physical freak that flashes greatness, while also displaying "I'm lost" capabilities with major inconsistencies in space, coverage, and tackling. He is a plus as an EDGE blitzer and may end up being a nice DE/LB hybrid for someone...but I think his inside linebacking days are very limited. He may have some potential as a SAM/EDGE combo guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder at least when it comes to Browning 

Behold a Mike Linebacker lost in the B gap:

Baron_Browning_Nebraska_2020_Bit_On_Opti

Behold a SAM/EDGE rusher who is a physical freak:

Baron_Browning_Clemson_2020Fiesta-Bowl_S

Behold a Mike Linebacker lost in coverage:

djt6mvnfyfrxv5w2d02e

Behold the physical freak who can chase down an elite RB sideline to sideline:

Baron_Browning_Clemson_2020Fiesta-Bowl_T

Behold the A gap whiff on inside zone:

r1jePAe.gif

LOL

He is infuriating to grade. You see the flashes both ways!

My Top 5 Favorites List:

1. Paris Ford--SS--Pittsburgh
2. Gregory Rousseau--DE--Miami Fl.
3. Tylan Wallace--WR--Oklahoma State
4. Justin Hall--WR--Ball State
5. Paddy Fisher--MLB--Northwestern

QB:
1. Sam Ehlinger. I hate this QB class outside of the 1st round. Ehlinger is like the only guy that intrigues me in the later rounds. He's got a good arm and a great NFL frame. He runs hard and is reportedly a great leader and a fierce competitor. I know he's got wonky mechanics and isn't consistently accurate with the football, but I think he's got as good of a shot as anyone outside of the 1st round to be a good starter. He reminds me of Tim Tebow a bit, not that it's a good thing. I just like Ehlinger a lot, even if his NFL prospects aren't that great.

RB:
1. Javian Hawkins. He is the human joystick. He's got elite explosion and burst and makes people miss. While he does run hard, he doesn't break many tackles. He's very small, but I think his shiftiness and straight-line speed will combine to make him a deadly player in any offense. He is also a solid pass catcher out of the backfield and did some damage on screens. He's not a guy to split out wide, but he's just fine out of the backfield. I get some CJ2K vibes watching him, but he's a lot smaller and less physical between the tackles. CJ2K was more deliberate as a runner.

2. Pookah Williams. In the same mold as Hawkins, but not as fast in a straight line. Williams is insanely shifty and makes people miss at an alarming rate. He does, however, lack long speed and any size. He's great running between the tackles and plays way above his weight. He'll run guys over at 170 pounds, but he's at his best jump cutting and bursting through small creases. He reminds me of Darren Sproles, in that he is really small, but plays much bigger. Heard he had some character concerns. I haven't looked into any of that.

3. Mekhi Sergent. Same thing as the aforementioned two. Sergent runs really hard and has great lateral shiftiness. He's not nearly as deadly as a pass catcher as the other two guys, but Sergent does have arguably the best vision out of any of the RB's in this class. I love his competitiveness and his ability to set up his blockers/defenders with subtle movements. He's really hard to bring down in traffic and in space and never seems to take massive hits due to his propensity to shift & bounce around tacklers. He reminds me of a later in life Warrick Dunn.

4. Spencer Brown. A pure power halfback that just churns for yards. He also has legitimate receiving skills for a big back. I have seen a lot of people peg him for a fullback convert, but I don't know about that. He's got legitimate runningback skills and has a better burst than people give him credit for. He doesn't have to come off the field ever, as he can pass block and get out and be the 5th receiving option on passing plays. He lacks in the vision department and does not viciously discard defenders. He'll carry guys for extra yards on every hit, but he doesn't outright shred through tackles like some of the other elite power backs in recent memory. Alfred Morris vibes.

FB:
1. Rhamondre Stevenson. I'm cheating. I know he's a runningback and will probably remain a runningback moving forward, but I love this dude. He runs really hard and is one of the best receiving backs in this draft. Might be the 3rd best receiving back in the class outside of the first two guys (Etienne/Harris). He's a great pass blocker that will stick his nose in there against anyone. He's going to be a contributor for somebody. He reminds me of Chris Carson.

WR:
1. Tylan Wallace. He's so refined in everything he does. He's not fast, but his breaks are extremely quick and he always finds ways to get open down the field. He understands how to rip apart zone concepts. When he stacks a DB, they have no chance. He catches everything and plucks the ball naturally out of the air. Plays bigger than his listed size. Blocks very well. Runs very hard after the catch. He doesn't have high end deep speed and might be limited to a slot role in the NFL due to his athletic limitations. Reminds me of Jarvis Landry.

2. Dez Fitzpatrick. He's got a great NFL body and is great at making contested catches. He runs precise routes and isn't afraid to go over the middle. He's very experienced at Louisville and has a good understanding for the game. He knows how to settle into soft spots in zones. He does run hard after the catch, but is kind of wonky in terms of his athleticism. He looks slow both in the open field and when making cuts. I think he could become a really tough #2 receiver that acts as a bailout jump-ball guy. He reminds me of a tick slower Hakeem Nicks.

3. Tamorrion Terry. I used to hate this dude because I scouted his box scores. When I actually sat down and watched him, I was astonished at how easily he got open. He also was a dog on special teams coverage units, which I like to see from a "flashy" WR. He's excellent at high pointing the football and actually does use his size to his advantage better than I initially thought. He's surprisingly agile in the open field and was used as a Jet/Bubble guy a little bit there. His best trait is stacking CB's and making fast people look slow. He's got a limited route tree, but he's got a very poor man's Randy Moss to his game.

4. Justin Hall. The Ball State WR, for those that are like, who TF is that? He's small, but mighty. Very small catch radius and doesn't do a great job at the catch point of extending and making himself bigger, but the dude is electric with the ball in his hands. He's got deep speed, short area quickness, and surprising power to truck through defenders. Human highlight reel that will be a terror in the slot as a jet/bubble guy. I think he will be a great return man early in his career as well. Great vision as a ball carrier. Nobody is as fast as Tyreek, but he will win in a lot of the same ways Tyreek wins.

TE:
1. Brevin Jordan. Not sure why he doesn't get more love. I think he should probably get some love as a late 1st round pick, but I rarely see him in the first two rounds. He's incredibly explosive as a TE and has legit RAC skills. He threatens down the seam with ease and can be used all over the formation. He's limited in terms of height and length, but would be perfect playing an H-Back role. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Reed, in that he's going to be a stud undersized receiving TE.

OT:
1. Alaric Jackson. I know he's scheme limited and might end up a guard, but he stonewalls people. Love his power and nastiness as a blocker. Usually pass blockers don't beat you up physically, but Alaric Jackson makes you feel him on every down--not just on run plays. He doesn't always play with great leverage and is prone to being beaten with a pure speed rush, admittedly. I think he can be an anchor at RT for someone in the long run though, if he cleans up his technique and improves his body.

OG:
1. Tommy Kraemer. Big-time recruit that blows people off the football. He's nasty and eviscerates people on double teams. I know he's really clunky in terms of his movement skills, but he's got the kind of raw moving power that power run schemes will covet. I don't think he has any chance of playing in a scheme where he is asked to routinely zone block, as he's really stiff in his movements. He is definitely limited to a power run team, but I think he'll be long-term starter.

OC:
1. Drake Jackson. An awesome fit as a zone blocker. He actually has power to anchor, but doesn't generate much movement off the ball. Takes great angles to cut off linebackers. Team leader-type that plays hard always. He'll carve out a nice career for a zone team at either G or C. He's legitimately like 6'1 and 280 though...needs to add more size to his frame, or he'll get eaten by 0-Tech's.

2. Derek Kerstetter. Another great fit for a zone blocking scheme. He's an excellent zone blocker in the run game and moves effortlessly along the line. He's not a drive blocker, but he gets angles on linebackers with ease. He's got a lot of versatility as a C/G prospect. He's shown the ability to find blocks in space via the screen game. Has a lot of skills, but hasn't been a dominant player. I think he'll start for someone sooner rather than later and keep growing into a very good one.

DE:
1. Gregory Rousseau. I usually don't want to put the no-brainer "my guys" up here, but Rousseau is special. I think he's going to end up being one of the premier "DPOY" candidates routinely. He's got an unreal frame, uses his length to his advantage, is slippery when engaged with blockers, and has a great motor. He's got a lot of pop in his hands and sets a violent edge. Has dominated both inside and outside and has shown a wide variety of pass rush moves. He's not a freak edge bender, but he's adequate enough to do that too. I see him becoming a superstar.

2. Rashad Weaver. I love his power. He overwhelms people with his punch and is surprisingly good dropping the shoulder and getting around the edge. He's a natural gap controller that doesn't give up ground. He's got a motor that always runs hot and ends up pushing the pocket consistently. He did play on a DL with some big names, but he was far and away the most consistent DL they had. He didn't ever really have a bad game, even if he didn't make a slew of splash plays.

3. Chris Rumph. Non-stop motor. Is obviously very small, but he's slick enough in his movements and body positioning to mitigate those concerns. He's admittedly a weird fit and comparison for the NFL, as there haven't been many guys as small as him able to play the pass rushing role. He's also good against the run. He sets the edge with his seemingly long arms and doesn't get blown off the line like you'd think he would. He's only really a fit as a DPR or a 3-4 OLB. I'd like to see if he could maybe play some true LBer and move over guards in the NFL.

DT:
1. Bobby Brown. His motor runs hot and cold for sure. However, he has some Derrick Brown to his game. He's a big dude that is built like an absolute tank. Doesn't have a lot of bad fat on his frame despite being every bit of 315. He can rush the passer pretty well and actually pushes the pocket when he wants to. That said, he seems to run out of gas and ends up giving little to no effort when he's tired. I get annoyed at how he handles double teams, too. He tries to peek over blocks and ends up just kind of watching too often. He plays hard, but not for long periods. I still love his upside though.

2. Lorenzo Neal. Love him as a gap plugger. He's a very stout player that doesn't provide much in terms of a pass rusher, but he's built to last inside A gaps. Will not be mistaken for a great athlete, but he does get some interior pressure. I don't think he's some high upside guy, but I think Neal will end up a starter for someone and do an admirable job. Reminds me a little bit of Malcom Brown. I have a low 2nd round grade on Neal, but his draft stock looks like late day 3, if that.

LB:
1. Paddy Fisher. He doesn't make false reads. He doesn't miss tackles. He's good in zone coverage dropping from hash to hash. Yeah, he's stiff. He doesn't make many plays running outside of his own gap (A/B). Yeah, he doesn't have any upside as a man coverage player. But he's rock solid. He's what I would want in a linebacker: someone who doesn't make mental mistakes and when the play is designed to come to his gap or his zone, he makes the play. Paul Posulszny vibes.

2. Garrett Wallow. He's a great athlete and packs a punch in run defense. Plus, the guy can flat out fly. He's not very good taking on blocks, but in a traditional scraping LB role, he'll be excellent. He's a good tackler and doesn't allow many yards after initial contact. He used to play safety and has some legitimate coverage skills, too. I think he's going to excel as a WLB next to a true thumper. He reminds me of Alec Ogletree in his prime.

3. Jahad Woods. Another dude that is precise with his reads. He doesn't move laterally very well, but he's got some legit speed and can make plays from C-gap to C-gap. Very short frame, both in height and arm length. But the dude makes splash plays all over. He can cover, tackle, scrape, plug, and pressure the QB on occasion. I think he fits well as a WLB in a 4-2-5. He's got a great feel for the game. I'm stealing the Danny Trevathan comp that somebody made the other day.

CB: (No guys I'd be willing to go to bat for, tbh. I don't think there are any big steals in the CB class.)

S:
1. Paris Ford. He's my favorite "guy" in this class. Absolute murderer in the run game. Fastest trigger to the run game I've seen at safety in a long time. Plays 2-high quite often and isn't lost in coverage. He has shown the capability to roll down and play man coverage on slot WR's and TE's from time to time. He's a splash play machine at S, but that can also hurt him. He always goes for the kill shot and will miss some tackles. He's a mini Derwin James, IMO.

2. Caden Sterns. Obviously just a pure athlete at the position. Doesn't have great tape, but I still like him. I am betting on his upside and I could see him becoming one of the league's best safeties. Guys with his size and athletic gifts don't usually drop into the 4th-5th round, but that's where I see him solidly mocked. I'd be shocked to see him slide that far, even though he's got some pretty bad technique. He reminds me of Brodney Pool (old-school comp).

ST:
1. Jose Borregales. This kicker is awesome. He's got a monster leg and is also very accurate. He makes 50+ yard FG's look easy. I think he's one of the best kickers to come out of the draft in a long time. Not much more to say about a kicker, but he's legit.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I don't personally get the hate. The early season he somewhat struggled, but coming off of a major injury and with a COVID preseason, I think that the hate is a little overkill. I wouldn't be surprised to see some team get a major 2nd Round steal with him.

He's absolutely terrible at reading what's in front of him. Elite athlete for the position, but Moses literally reads guards like Morris Claiborne reads books.

2 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Chuba Hubbard

He's almost guaranteed to be good. I don't think he'll be unbelievable, but I have a hard time thinking he'll be a straight up bust. He's got a little bit of everything to his game without having the elite traits. I think he's one of the safer RB prospects that's come out in a long time because he's slippery, has great 3rd down value, and has great vision. Usually I'm a traits guy for RB's, but the new breed of star runners get it done with well-rounded skill sets and great vision. I thought he was overrated when he was getting mocked in the 1st a year ago, but it seems like he's forgotten now. He's better than Javonte Williams, IMO, who is getting 2nd round buzz.

Rashod Bateman - Easy balanced separator, nuanced and highly developed in the dark arts, wide catch radius, clearly has more speed than you see on film because his QB is chucking ducks 

Alijah Vera-Tucker - Easy moving athletic guard who's a technician at snatching dudes up at the second level and combo blocking on the edge. Would love to see him on a zone heavy run first team. 

Zaven Collins - Intriguing as someone who would fit what the Patriots like to do, a big SAM who can blitz and rush off the edge on third down. For a big dude, he's light on his feet and decent in space too. 

Javonte Williams - Beast YAC runner, get him in a one-cut system and watch him go. Decent as a receiver too. 

Brevin Jordan - Athletic mismatch weapon in the passing game and a surprisingly effective blocker. Rapidly developed as a route-runner too, think he's overlooked

Elijah Moore - Monster final season. A speedy slot who can handle a high volume workload, strong at the catch point for a little guy and is dynamic as a runner with the ball in hand

Andre Cisco - Ball hawking deep free safety, not always as effective in the run game - but he's an explosive hitter. Would have jumped out of the gym at the combine. 

Kenneth Gainwell - Smaller back with great contact balance who would be a huge asset to teams that like to chuck it to their backs, has great hands and runs crisp routes 

Kendrick Green - Another phenomenal run blocker, ideal fit for a predominant outsize zone team. Effortless at the second level, has played guard and center at high level

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

He's almost guaranteed to be good. I don't think he'll be unbelievable, but I have a hard time thinking he'll be a straight up bust. He's got a little bit of everything to his game without having the elite traits. I think he's one of the safer RB prospects that's come out in a long time because he's slippery, has great 3rd down value, and has great vision. Usually I'm a traits guy for RB's, but the new breed of star runners get it done with well-rounded skill sets and great vision. I thought he was overrated when he was getting mocked in the 1st a year ago, but it seems like he's forgotten now. He's better than Javonte Williams, IMO, who is getting 2nd round buzz.

Williams is a power back though. Hubbard is a lot like other undersized college stars with production, like Justin Jackson or Devin Singletary, that are really talented runners but might not have the physicality/durability to get a lot of work as pros. And he'll bust for sure if the ball security doesn't improve.

guys I like that I think will outshine their draft slot

OG Robert Hainsey | Notre Dame

OC Drake Jackson | Kentucky

LB Tony Fields | West Virginia

ED Elerson Smith | Northern Iowa

CB Keith Taylor | Washington

CB Benjamin St-Juste | Minnesota

CB Camryn Bynum | Cal

DT Jonathan Marshall | Arkansas

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Mac Jones. Looks to be the perfect replacement for Drew Brees. He doesn't have the flashy cannon arm or athleticism to make big plays with his feet, but the guy throws an excellent football, is effective navigating from within the pocket, and knows how to read/manipulate a defense with the best of them at the college level. Seems unfortunately for me though, that his stock has risen pretty dramatically, and he might go too high for the Saints to reasonably be able to trade up for from pick 28.

Yeah, you're SOL lol

I am not going to name any projected first round picks. Instead, I'll try to focus on guys I think will be great value picks later in the Draft:

QB

Davis Mills - The lack of experience is an issue, and he has legitimate red flags when it comes to durability. But he throws the ball like a first round pick. Prototypical pocket passer with a quick release, strong arm, and functional mobility. Has a lot of growing to do mentally, as he isn't deceptive with his eyes and can be fooled by well-disguised coverages. But all the attributes of a starting QB are there.

HB

Rhamondre Stevenson - He reminds me of Le'Veon Bell. Arguably the most NFL-ready receiving talent in this class because of his stellar blocking, soft hands, and good routes. He's a big HB (5'11" 230) with more of a finesse style, a sick spin move, and good patience. But he can get physical when necessary.

Jaret Patterson - Absolutely feasted on a lower level of competition. Love his quick feet, acceleration, contact balance, and leg drive. Runs with great leverage and is always falling forward. Was fast against his competition but won't run away from NFL talent. Great at getting skinny through seams. Willing blocker but the passing game is a question mark.

WR

D'Wayne Eskridge - He's older and undersized (5'9" 190), but he's so explosive and twitchy. He reportedly runs in the low 4.3's and plays to that speed. But he also possesses sure hands, a physical game for a little guy, and the separation quickness to drive DBs crazy. He reminds me of Brandin Cooks as a prospect.

Tamorrion Terry - He has a lot of issues to iron out, but he has first round physical talent. This is a guy who is 6'4", very fast, sudden, agile, and has the contact balance to run through tackles. His hand technique is poor, which leads to drops. His route running is raw. And he had some attitude issues in college (but his coaches and QBs were terrible, so it's hard to blame him). But he is so talented. He reminds me of Tyrell Williams.

Rashad Bateman/Amon-Ra St. Brown - I'll put them on here for similar reasons. Both guys have separation quickness, savvy, competitiveness, physicality, sure hands, and body control. But they lack top-shelf athleticism. I expect both to produce well on Sundays.

Jaelon Darden - He's a tiny guy, but he has special twitch, acceleration, and hip fluidity. I don't known how fast he is. But he seems like a guy who could be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams on punt returns and in the slot. The question is if he has the body to hold up in the NFL. He doesn't lack the physical talent or the hands as a receiver.

TE

Tommy Tremble - I love this dude's game. He's such a violent, physical blocker who plays his butt off every time he's on the field. He's a raw receiver, but he's very athletic and doesn't lack the want-to or physicality. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as a receiver in the NFL, but at minimum, you have a guy who is going to do damage as a blocker (as a FB, H-Back, or inline TE).

Matt Bushman - He's older (25) and coming off a torn Achilles. He should have come out last year. But he's still a very intriguing talent. He has the separation quickness to beat LBs with his routes, enough speed to threaten the seam, and the size, physicality, and contested-catch ability to be a mismatch against smaller defenders. The big problem with him is that despite his frame, he isn't much of a blocker at this stage and might lack the mindset to be anything more than just a guy in that respect.

OL

Jaylon Moore - I think he has starting potential at every position on the OL except Center. Looks to have the athleticism, balance, mirroring ability, and just enough length to play LT. Has the strength and wide base to play OG very well. Right now, he's a raw kid who will need to develop his punch timing, hand placement, and eliminate some bad habits. But the tools are all there.

Robert Hainsey - It's hard to argue with a guy who has five-position versatility as a sixth OL. Hainsey is thin in the lower body and doesn't have the feet/anchor to start at OT imo. But he can get you out of a game there. However, his mean streak, technical prowess, intelligence, and upper body strength play well on the inside. He has starting potential at Center or OG in a ZBS.

Quinn Meinerz - I think a lot of us fell in love with him at the Senior Bowl. I think he has the potential to be one of the game's best Centers with time and development.

Drake Jackson - He's likely a Center-only prospect and limited to zone blocking schemes, but I love his quickness off the snap, his upper body wrestling and hand fighting, his grip strength, his tenacity, his intelligence, and his technically savvy game. He's experienced and smart. Seems like a kid who can be a solid starter at Center. But he definitely doesn't have a body that NFL teams will love.

DL

Tommy Togiai - He's the definition of a glue guy on defense. The effort he gives from snap to snap as a DT is insane. The guy is always pursuing the ball and makes plays that few other guys have the energy and inclination at his position to make. He's a stout run defender who plays with leverage and a low center of gravity. He's quite adept at finding the football and working off of single blocks. When double team, he anchors in and holds his ground. As a pass rusher, he has a quick first step and active hands, but he needs to develop a go-to move for quick wins and more advanced pass rush plans.

Darius Stills - He is a tremendously flawed and undisciplined run defender, but I love him as a guy who can develop in that regard and will play as a rotational 3-Tech early in his career (on passing downs). He's explosive off the ball, uses his natural leverage well, has violent hands and power, has the agility to beat OLs with his quickness and on games, and pursues hard. He needs to learn counters and continue to develop his pass rush plans for when he doesn't get quick victories in the NFL. He has a build and skillset that remind me a bit of Mike Daniels coming out of Iowa.

EDGE

Quincy Roche - He's undersized and has a motor that runs hot and cold, but he has a diverse set of pass rush moves, a great go-to move, the speed and flexibility to run the arc, the agility to give OTs fits on inside moves and games, and enough power to hold up on the edge. He needs to play with more consistent leverage as a run defender and improve his play recognition, but he has the ability to be an impact pass rusher.

Chris Rumph - I hate myself for liking him so much because he seems like the sort of player who always gets me in trouble (guy lacking in certain physical attributes who is a great football player). He is very undersized and may need to play an off-the-ball LB role, but I love his instincts, his motor, his polished technique, and his advanced pass rush plans. Issue is that he just doesn't have the size or power to counter well when an OL gets the upper hand early in the rep.

Joe Tryon - I really dig his game. He has the potential to do it all. Has the frame to add weight and the strength and length to defend the run well. As a pass rusher, he has the get-off, speed, and enough flexibility to threaten the edge. But his heavy hands, savvy approach, and underrated power game make him the sort of edge rusher who can also go through an OT. 

LB

Pete Werner - He's my favorite of the Day 2 LBs. He's a true three-down player with underrated athleticism. He can run sideline to sideline, defeat blocks in the hole, cover TEs in M2M, and adeptly play zone coverage. The only thing he lacks is the quick-twitch athleticism to handle quick HBs and slot WRs. But I love him as a 3-4 ILB or a 4-3 MLB in a scheme that plays a lot of zone coverage. He's such a reliable, consistent player. 

Isaiah McDuffie - He's an overlooked guy who has some inconsistencies when it comes to reading his keys, but he was a major surprise in how good he is at defeating blocks for a guy who is an undersized, speedy LB (6'1" 225). He uses his quickness and hands well to keep blockers off of him and has the speed and agility to thrive in coverage. Seems like a guy who will be an outstanding special teamer early on with the potential to be a quality starter as a weakside LB.

Tony Fields II - He's going to have coverage challenges outside of a zone-heavy scheme and is never going to be adept at fighting off blockers, but his play recognition skills, speed, and tackling ability make him a guy who can be a good defender on the weakside of a defense. His tightness in his lower half will make him less valuable to teams that run a lot of M2M, but with a team that uses a lot of zone, he should be a capable pass defender.

CB

Aaron Robinson - He's one of the best pure cover CBs in this class, is scheme versatile, and can play both inside and out. His ball-skills aren't elite, but he's a physical player who tackles well, has the quickness and speed to stay in WRs' hip pockets, and the recognition to play any type of coverage well. While he's slightly undersized and not very long, he has the quickness and physicality to press well. 

Shakur Brown - Unfortunately, unlike Robinson, I have some doubts as to Shakur's scheme versatility. He is not nearly as comfortable playing off, especially in zone, as he is pressing. He seems a step behind in terms of recognition in off coverage. But when he's pressing, he's a physical player with outstanding ball-skills, the quickness and cover skills to stay in phase with the WR, and the instincts to get turned and find the ball just at the right moment. He has the potential to be an absolute nuisance in the slot for a team that presses a lot.

S

Ar'Darius Washington - A lot of teams are going to pass on him because of his size (5'8" 180), but this dude is going to be a baller for somebody at either safety or slot CB. This is a guy who has the quickness, tackling ability, and natural cover skills to be a quality starter at slot CB and the range, instincts, and ball-skills to play single-high safety effectively. He's fearless running the alley and tackles well in space. His lack of size makes it hard for him to fight off blocks, but it's hard not to love his physicality, energy, and versatility.

Paris Ford - Ford is a boom/bust pick. He's either going to be an absolute impact player in the NFL, or he's going to be a guy who never holds on to a starting job. He's a playmaker who plays a physical brand of football, uses his instincts to force game-changing turnovers in the passing game, and plays downhill like a freight train. But while he makes a lot of plays, his gambling, poor angles, and out of control play also lead to him giving up a good amount of plays. If a DB Coach can develop most of the negative plays out of his system, he can be a top tier safety in the NFL.

Damar Hamlin - Yep, I like both Pitt safeties. I felt Damar was misused a bit by Pitt. They had him covering slot WRs pretty often. While he's capable at it, I think his best play will come in a split-safety scheme. Damar lays the lumber when he comes downhill, but he's less prone to bad angles and fly-by missed tackles than his teammate. He's not as much of a playmaker in the passing game, but he's a smart, reliable defender with the instincts, range, and ball-skills to do quite well in split-safety looks.

• Like 3