Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

Doesn't sound like Paris Ford was injured during his pro day. Patrick Jones pulled a hammy during his 40,

Ford, the hard-hitting safety who opted out midseason last year finished with 4.79 40-yard dash, slower than expected. He says he’s hopeful his game tape will help him because “the proof is in the pudding.”

Hard to keep as my #1 safety with a 4.79. Or even a 4.69. Gotta drop him down to a 5th rounder with that speed.

Edited by Jeezla

32 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Doesn't sound like Paris Ford was injured during his pro day. Patrick Jones pulled a hammy during his 40,

Hard to keep as my #1 safety with a 4.79. Or even a 4.69. Gotta drop him down to a 5th rounder with that speed.

He looks so much faster than that on tape though.  I can't wrap my head around a time that bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:
44 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He looks so much faster than that on tape though.  I can't wrap my head around a time that bad.

The 10 yard splits weren't bad either, it's like he got stuck in 1st gear. To have a 10 yard in the 1.5's, then finish with a 4.8...he must top out at 17 mph, but gets to that 17 mph very quickly. But then his agility/jump #'s are hot garbage too.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The 10 yard splits weren't bad either, it's like he got stuck in 1st gear. To have a 10 yard in the 1.5's, then finish with a 4.8...he must top out at 17 mph, but gets to that 17 mph very quickly.

Ah.  I thought it was odd.  I had even put in my prospect notes that he was a fast safety.  I like Ford a lot, but if that's the best he can do in a 40, as one of the positions that will occasionally, need to be running flat out at top speed, it's a tough pitch earlier than the late rounds.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Ah.  I thought it was odd.  I had even put in my prospect notes that he was a fast safety.  I like Ford a lot, but if that's the best he can do in a 40, as one of the positions that will occasionally, need to be running flat out at top speed, it's a tough pitch earlier than the late rounds.

I edited a little late, but his agility/jump #'s were horrific too, so it's not just that he isn't fast- he also isn't agile and can't jump. Taking him in the 5th with that kind of performance would probably be a mercy. Those are XFL #'s.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I edited a little late, but his agility/jump #'s were horrific too, so it's not just that he isn't fast- he also isn't agile and can't jump. Taking him in the 5th with that kind of performance would probably be a mercy. Those are XFL #'s.

Bummer.  I really liked him.

Some of these guys that didn't play in 2020 might also just plain be out of shape.

• Like 1

Ben Cleveland is probably the (or one off the) strongest player in all the draft AND he ran under 5.00 at 343lb? 
That dude will be a great guard for a looooong time. 
I thought Azeez did pretty well too and should be a 1st round lock. 

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This could be one of the single freakiest things i've ever heard, 4.85 at 350 is UNREAL. Plus when you are 6'6 1/2, as crazy as it sounds, you can easily be 350 and not look it as height stretches it out and also muscle is heavier than fat.

I might need to watch Ben Cleveland more because on the field I thought he was nothing more than a late round pick at best.  Never considered him this beast physically or this great athlete or great player.

He apparently in 606 pass blocking snaps over the last three years, he allowed zero sacks and just 13 QB pressures.  Was going for 50 in the bench pressure and hyped to get it and break the record but fell short of course at 30.

Never thought he was 350 anyway, 335 makes more sense.  And yes muscle weighs more than fat but look at Zion Williamson.  He is 6-7 285 and does not actually look that big when he is on the court and has an awful pear shape about him.  At least Cleveland is not like that but...

On here though it could be the angle on the camera but almost looks like he is wearing a corset.

But his girl looks like a 10 here but does have the sun glasses on which can be deceptive, and he looks cut unlike many offensive lineman that are 330 to 350 range.  

Screen_Shot_2021_01_27_at_4.15.20_PM.png

I might need to go back and look more into his game, because again never though much of him but hard to not be impressed with those numbers.  Then again Isaiah Wilson last year looked like an athletic freak at the combine at his size and clearly did not amazing anyone last year as a rookie.  Still think Cleveland does have a slightly odd build, for being apparently such a strong athletic dude does not look it on the field.  Will be curious where he goes in the draft.

Simi Fehoko Stanford WR:  
6-4 227
4.37 to 4.39

KJ Britt Auburn ILB
6-0 235
24 reps at 225

Seth Williams Auburn WR
6-3 211
37" vertical

Paulson Adebo Stanford CB
6-1
4.42 to 4.51
18 reps at 225
36.5" vertical

Jaret Patterson Buffalo RB
5-6 1/2 195
4.52 to 4.54

Antonio Nunn Buffalo WR
5-11 203
4.43 to 4.47

Good time for Seth Williams a big strong receiver, one of the best jump ball receivers in the draft.  And Adebo had really good times and looked smooth, surprised by that bench number but did play surprisingly weak at Stanford and did not show good tackling skills and two years ago go beat constantly.  Great looking athlete though who is very smooth.

Both Buffalo guys I think could be drafted and had good numbers, especially Nunn who is a smooth looking route running.

Jamien Sherwood Auburn S and Christian Tutt Auburn CB both ran a 4.77 and 4.75 40 which is surprising for both.  Sherwood is long and a very big safety so not as big of a surprise as Tutt running that poorly but clearly is a trend.  And Schwartz was blazing but not a surprise for a track guy like him but he was not always that explosive on Auburn, no way and really never really reached any high level of ability on Auburn.

Fehoko had a great time, but if JJ Arcega-Whiteside cannot succeed in the NFL what chance does this dude have.  Is a great time though for a big dude but surprised he was not more productive in college.

And to those that think KJ Britt is not a good athlete, yeah the dude is strong and an impressive powerful football player.  Could drop in the draft sure but for the right team he could be a super star.  I think the Steelers for one would love him if they got him.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Yea WTF. That 3C time is sickening.

It's all insane. His 40 time is as fast as Aaron Donald's HH time at almost the same weight. His agility times and jumps are better. That's insane. Although, Donald did put up his numbers at the Combine.