Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Just to be clear here. You’re saying you’ve debunked the rabbit holes you assume I’m going down and not actual things I’ve posted? Because other than mRNA not being past phase 3 trials, which I removed, I’ve been very careful about not posting untrue information. And if I’m not posting debunked information then I obviously don’t believe it. So I don’t really see the problem.

We can go back to maybe a week ago where you asked all those questions about the 2015 paper on leaky vaccines, about ADE and some other stuff. Asking questions is good, and I will give props for not just immediately believing everything, but I know those two issues are primarily being spread on anti-vax TikTok, and I think it's a fair bet that that's where it came from into your sphere, either directly to you from TikTok or someone else giving you the information that they got from TikTok. 

And generally the point is that if that kind of stuff is being spread unabated, the sourcing on information there isn't exactly high. It's one thing to hear about it and then come here like you did to better understand it. It's another when the platform has allowed the amplification of information around that type of stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

How is it different? Its a global pandemic. We are in an extended emergency. Medical triage absolutely applies. 

See what I just posted. If they are able to treat someone, they should. If you are dealing with a legitimate triage situation then yes, save who you can. If it’s about a checkbox and playing favorites than you have a very slippery slope.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, pwny said:

We can go back to maybe a week ago where you asked all those questions about the 2015 paper on leaky vaccines, about ADE and some other stuff. Asking questions is good, and I will give props for not just immediately believing everything, but I know those two issues are primarily being spread on anti-vax TikTok, and I think it's a fair bet that that's where it came from into your sphere, either directly to you from TikTok or someone else giving you the information that they got from TikTok. 

ACTUALLY. I think I first heard about ADE on Joe Rogan. If it wasn’t JRE it was another podcast I shouldn’t name here. But I’m pretty sure it was Rogan.

Just now, NateDawg said:

See what I just posted. If they are able to train someone come out to them. If you are dealing with a legitimate triage situation then yes, save who you can. If it’s about a checkbox and playing favorites than you have a very slippery slope.

Triage by definition is a slippery slope. Most people have differing opinions on it. That doesn't mean it isn't usually necessary to maximize survivability for the most people. 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

ACTUALLY. I think I first heard about ADE on Joe Rogan. If it wasn’t JRE it was another podcast I shouldn’t name here. But I’m pretty sure it was Rogan.

ah, well that's okay then, it must be legit

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Rogan is a cherry picker. Don't trust what that dude says. He literally cites articles that disproves what he is saying in the same article. 

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Rogan got it from TikTok lol

• Like 3