Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And for those who are wondering if medical error was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US in 2020, it was not.

I’m sure you can prolly guess…

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

I figured but I’m getting too lazy to keep looking up actual data just to have it dismissed just because someone doesn’t like what it proves. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just repeating something over and over doesn’t make it true my guy.

I’ve been bragging about how big my dong is for years, and lemme tell ya….

I’m sure you can find an expert who will verify that you have an enormous dong. Then anyone who says it isn’t will be an anti-intellectual science denier or whatever new gaslighting term the fanatics want to come up with next.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m sure you can find an expert who will verify that you have an enormous dong. Then anyone who says it isn’t will be an anti-intellectual science denier or whatever new gaslighting term the fanatics want to come up with next.

You literally did exactly what I said would happen. Thanks for proving my point. 

Now answer the question about how generalization across the board isn’t flawed logic. 

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You literally did exactly what I said would happen. Thanks for proving my point. 

Now answer the question about how generalization across the board isn’t flawed logic. 

What was the question? Is it bad? Yes.

Edit: Or a flawed mindset. Yes. 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m perfectly fine with this scenario playing out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It's frightening that you don't recognize you're actually being gaslighted by the unsubstantiated sources you choose to believe and the rest of us here are trying to convince you that what we support (the peer-reviewed scientific process) is quite literally the exact opposite of that. By its literal definition.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Like how those who won't get the vaccine cite like 1-2 doctors (who are never epidemiologists) who say it's bad to base their entire view of the virus on? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Let's reflect on this, too:

It appears you are arguing that we should question/mistrust medicine because it is not perfect, correct?

Let's pause to consider what death totals would be without medical errors: since humans aren't perfect, in order to eliminate medical errors we must eliminate medicine. I am not 100% sure, but I sure hope we can all agree more people would die if we eliminated medical treatment.

It is not necessarily absurd to believe what you believe, but you are stopping WELL short of a fully fleshed out thought process. Consider these extremely apt analogies:

Some people die in car accidents with seat belts on, therefore we should be skeptical of seat belts.

Or:

Some people have drowned, and therefore we should immediately question whether water is safe for humans consumption.

Or:

All of the cows escaped from the barn, therefore we must now close the barn door.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You really seem to be dwelling on the TikTok thing. If it’s true information, why is it relevant where it came from? 

Because the stuff you're posting that you clearly learned about from TikTok has mostly been misinformation, and at best taken out of the much needed context of the information being stated. If the source keeps getting you to look down avenues of debunked claims, concerns that don't exist, misrepresentations of research papers and things that we keep having to debunk, maybe it's a garbage source.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Let's reflect on this, too:

It appears you are arguing that we should question/mistrust medicine because it is not perfect, correct?

Eh. Not exactly. Question for sure. But the point I’m getting at is that you shouldn’t just blindly follow them. And in most of these cases it’s not even individual doctors/scientists being listened to. It’s bureaucracies speaking for everyone.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If y’all wanna start posting stats and such, posts some links with it please.

It will save all of us some time when we realize you’re getting your info from TikTok like some folks have.

Tik tok and Wikipedia are here to stay as your most trusted sources man. Catch up..

• Like 1