Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

45 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Ah yes, that is but one source.  Peer review became political review a very long time ago to certain degrees.

It's literally the only source, that's what it means to not be peer reviewed lol. Its incomplete science and a small sample size. It also does not state how variables were handled. What were these people doing? Were they quarantining? Were they out and about? Going to work or working from home? Kids going to school? Are they masking up religiously or not? The study doesnt state. Its probably why no one peer reviewed it since its kinda trash. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Our biggest issue is that people simply can't grasp the concept that Science changes. Constantly. "Oh but 8 months ago wah wah wah". Yes, we have learned things in 8 months. I know thats astonishing. 

Here is a list of the states by education ranking if you can see the correlation

43 South Carolina 38.94 43 48
44 West Virginia 38.47 45 17
45 Mississippi 38.22 44 38
46 Oklahoma 37.15 46 25
47 Alabama 37.02 48 21
48 Alaska 36.43 47 30
49 Arizona 35.13 49 34
50 Louisiana 33.37 50 45
51 New Mexico 25.26 51 49
  • Like 2

I think this opinion piece captures a lot of frustration for those who have to deal with the seriously sick unvaccinated in hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-17/vaccinated-covid-doctor-shot%3f_amp=true

Shouting through my N95 mask and the noise of the HEPA filter, I introduced myself. I calmly asked him why he decided not to get vaccinated.

“Well, I’m not an anti-vaxxer or anything. I was just waiting for the FDA to approve the vaccine first. I didn’t want to take anything experimental. I didn’t want to be the government’s guinea pig, and I don’t trust that it’s safe,” he said.

“Well,” I said, “I can pretty much guarantee we would have never met had you gotten vaccinated because you would have never been hospitalized. All of our COVID units are full and every single patient in them is unvaccinated. Numbers don’t lie. The vaccines work.”

This was a common excuse people gave for not getting vaccinated, fearing the vaccine because the Food and Drug Administration had only granted it emergency-use authorization so far, not permanent approval. Yet the treatments he had turned to, antibiotics, monoclonal antibodies and hydroxychloroquine were considered experimental, with mixed evidence to support their use.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Bottom of the page. 

For sure a reliable source with no bias...for sure. Long term vaccination side effects have ALWAYS shown up within the first two months of vaccination. It's an absolute shame that a chunk of this country has been brain washed by fools like Tucker Carlson (Who's vaccinated btw) into thinking the vaccine is some political tool. 

51 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Ah yes, that is but one source.  Peer review became political review a very long time ago to certain degrees.

Beautiful.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Bottom of the page. 

For sure a reliable source with no bias...for sure. Long term vaccination side effects have ALWAYS shown up within the first two months of vaccination. It's an absolute shame that a chunk of this country has been brain washed by fools like Tucker Carlson (Who's vaccinated btw) into thinking the vaccine is some political tool. 

I can't tell if the fact that he chose a biased website like that to prove his point is hilarious or terrifying. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You people are hilarious. We’ve told you over and over again why we won’t get the shot and you keep insisting it’s something else. No one is scared to tell you why we won’t get the vaccine. This is going to be hard to believe but we actually don’t like you either.

Yeah, we know the reason, for sure. It’s the vast spread of misinformation.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Beautiful.

Its *chefs kiss*.

Unfortunately, these people don't even realize that its insanely profitable to just lie right now. Literally. Look at how much money some of these social media conspiracy theorists are making by simply lying and screaming talking points.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yes, using incorrect statistics, misusing data that isn’t properly sourced, and spreading falsehoods are exactly what misinformation is. That is correct. 

That was a bummer. My favorite part was where he said "follow the leader" out loud instead of using vague, self-aggrandizing terms for it like "be a free thinker". Whoopsie. Can't go saying the cult part out loud.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also, I love "many [experts[ believe" as a phrase. Do people think we don't remember where that little scripted line came from? It's like an MLA "reference" for the scientifically illiterate.

Where did it come from?  

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Here is a list of the states by education ranking if you can see the correlation

43 South Carolina 38.94 43 48
44 West Virginia 38.47 45 17
45 Mississippi 38.22 44 38
46 Oklahoma 37.15 46 25
47 Alabama 37.02 48 21
48 Alaska 36.43 47 30
49 Arizona 35.13 49 34
50 Louisiana 33.37 50 45
51 New Mexico 25.26 51 49

The irony here of listing 51 states while bashing the education ranking is nothing short of hilarious and alarming.

• Like 2