Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Here is just one link from Cleveland Clinic.        https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210608/No-point-vaccinating-those-whoe28099ve-had-COVID-19-Findings-of-Cleveland-Clinic-study.aspx

You can easily search out all such info I listed, you won't see it from the alphabet channels or WHO or the CDC though.  Science doesn't always fit their agenda.  The two most prominent doctors who fear down the road complications are from Italy and France for a hint.  Plenty from this country too though.

"the my body my choice reasoning is fine as long as you also support abortion. If you're against that but feel like you can use it against the vaccine, you're a hypocrite."

No, but nice try.  Actually it wasn't a try at all.   They use the "reasoning" to justify ending a life.  I use it as a satirical example. 

First off, that point has already been disproven by other posters in this thread.

Secondly, what about the claim that "many doctors believe it will have long term consequences"? 

Either the phrase has merit or it doesn't. If you don't think it fits for the other issue, it doesn't fit for the vaccine either. Period. 

Edited by JonStark

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

First off, that point has already been disproven by other posters in this thread.

Secondly, what about the claim that "many doctors believe it will have long term consequences"? 

I addressed that.  Do a little work, you'll find it.  I want you to look beyond the politically correct mandate.

And no, it was surely not "disproven".

Edited by 15412

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Here is just one link from Cleveland Clinic.        https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210608/No-point-vaccinating-those-whoe28099ve-had-COVID-19-Findings-of-Cleveland-Clinic-study.aspx

You can easily search out all such info I listed, you won't see it from the alphabet channels or WHO or the CDC though.  Science doesn't always fit their agenda.  The two most prominent doctors who fear down the road complications are from Italy and France for a hint.  Plenty from this country too though.

"the my body my choice reasoning is fine as long as you also support abortion. If you're against that but feel like you can use it against the vaccine, you're a hypocrite."

No, but nice try.  Actually it wasn't a try at all.   They use the "reasoning" to justify ending a life.  I use it as a satirical example. 

This is literally the disclaimer on the bottom of the link you provided.

*Important Notice

medRxiv publishes preliminary scientific reports that are not peer-reviewed and, therefore, should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or treated as established information.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Ah yes, a study with no peer review whatsoever about vaccine priority. Science indeed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anyone unwilling to get vaccinated or at a minimum wear a mask when in public to protect others is already a second class human in my opinion, so maybe I’m not a great person to ask.

I support this. You can do whatever you want to yourself--its your body. If you dont mind putting yourself at risk for Covid and its fallout, the fine, your choice. 

The problem I have is that those people cant seem to grasp that they are also putting others at risk who cant get the vaccine like some elderly, children, people with certain medical conditions, ect.

Its not a personal 1:1 choice, your choice directly effects so many people you come in contact with and thats what pisses me off. At bare minimum, wear a mask in public and practice social distancing--but they dont want to do that either.

• Like 3

Just now, 15412 said:

I addressed that.  Do a little work, you'll find it.  I want you to look beyond the politically correct mandate.

And no, it was surely not "disproven".

You made the claims, you provide the sources. I'm not going to go on a hunt for your statistics that don't even exist. 

• Like 1

Man shot outside Houston grocery store 11 days ago still awaiting treatment b/c hospital overrun with Covid patients.

It's been 10 days since Joel Valdez was shot outside of a Houston grocery store, and he still hasn't been able to undergo surgery, due to his hospital being overcrowded with COVID-19 patients.

Valdez was sitting inside his car on Aug. 6 when he was shot six times, an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of a domestic dispute. He was brought to Ben Taub Hospital, where as of Monday morning the intensive care unit was at 103 percent capacity, with 33 percent of the beds filled with COVID-19 patients, The Washington Post reports.

Valdez was shot three times in his left shoulder and needs surgery, but the hospital is so overwhelmed by COVID-19 that he's still waiting. "Everybody is really surprised I'm still in this bed a week later," he told Fox 26 over the weekend.

"My BoDy My ChOiCe!", "how dare the government force me to wear a mask or require proof of vaccination indoors! The nerve!"

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You made the claims, you provide the sources. I'm not going to go on a hunt for your statistics that don't even exist. 

OK, I'll give you just a little help and start you here.  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/06/24/doctors-from-yale-and-ucla-there-are-concerns-about-the-vaccine-officials-may-not-be-telling-you-about-n2591466

But there is much more.  Open your mind and try to think freely.

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ah yes, a study with no peer review whatsoever about vaccine priority. Science indeed. 

Ah yes, that is but one source.  Peer review became political review a very long time ago to certain degrees.

10 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This "claim" is funny to me because it demonstrates a lack of understanding of pharmaceuticals in general.

Side effects of pharmaceutical medications are not magic. I do not take a drug once, stop taking it, go back entirely to normal with no physiological changes, and then develop a disease years later. There are either biochemical changes that don't come back to baseline as a result of the drug that we can detect, or the drug needs to be repeatedly administered.

A vaccine that returns the immune system to baseline after 45 days and is cleared from systemic circulation in a day has no long term side effects.

Also, I love "many [experts[ believe" as a phrase. Do people think we don't remember where that little scripted line came from? It's like an MLA "reference" for the scientifically illiterate.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

You can't untake  a vaccine

And why would you? If you could pick thru your personal history of vaccines you've taken (or been administered) are there any you'd choose to "untake?"

We're transforming from a society of "for the greater good" to one where if there's a variation from the norm - that variation has to take on similar weight as the norm - which is ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not yet.  I don't live in New York though. 

Are you wanting unvaccinated to be 2nd class citizens like some people? 

Unless they have a medical issue where they can’t get the vaccine, the unvaccinated have a choice to get one. Do you think people who don’t have a driver license are 2nd class citizens because they are not allowed to drive a car?

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1