Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I haven't seen evidence of that so I don't have an opinion on it either way, and that's not all that relevant to my point. I'm not choosing a side, I'm simply explaining the mindset as I have come to understand it.

I read a artical on how there was a gunshot victim who had to wait 6 or 9 hours at a hospital because the entire hospital was flooded with Covid patients taking up all of the rooms. Thats sort of what Im referring to.

I know some might not like it but I would put a pecking order in place at hospitals. If you have Covid and want medical attention, you must show a vaccination card. If you were never vaccinated by personal choice, back of the line.

There is no way somebody should be denied immediate attention with a gunshot wound because there are a bunch of anti-vaxers taking up all of the hospital space.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I read a artical on how there was a gunshot victim who had to wait 6 or 9 hours at a hospital because the entire hospital was flooded with Covid patients taking up all of the rooms. Thats sort of what Im referring to.

I know some might not like it but I would put a pecking order in place at hospitals. If you have Covid and want medical attention, you must show a vaccination card. If you were never vaccinated by personal choice, back of the line.

That doesn't tell us much. There are tons of variables that go into that.

I wouldn't have a problem with a pecking order.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To be clear, if you're sick with Covid, correct? Because, if you weren't vaccinated and are a gunshot victim/whatever else, that's ironic.

And what do you do with those who have cancer and can't get the vaccine?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To be clear, if you're sick with Covid, correct? Because, if you weren't vaccinated and are a gunshot victim/whatever else, that's ironic.

That would fall into the 'by personal choice' category. If you cant get the vaccine for a legitimate reason the rule would not apply to you.

The rule would be in place strictly for adults who show up to the hospital wanting care for Covid with no vaccination card.

Edited by AkronsWitness

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

The "smoking connection" to this discussion is anecdotal at best.  One (the virus) is a systemic disease. The other is a passively passed on annoyance which requires extended long term exposure to *possibly* trigger consequences. The only similarities is passing it on to others in a closed environment - where (again) one can make you seriously ill (or kill you) and run up considerable personal cost, while the other is a mild, temporary annoyance.

Are you calling 2nd hand smoke a temporary mild annoyance? 

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is no way somebody should be denied immediate attention with a gunshot wound because there are a bunch of anti-vaxers taking up all of the hospital space.

Was there no other hospitals available? 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Is there such a connection? I've not heard that cancer patients cant get/take the vaccine. Is there a known reason?

For now, guidance and data are lacking on this because the COVID-19 vaccines have not been studied in cancer patients. Treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation can make your immune system less likely to respond to vaccines, so it may be better to wait, if possible, until your treatment is completed and your immune system recovers.

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:
3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Is there such a connection? I've not heard that cancer patients cant get/take the vaccine. Is there a known reason?

People with depressed immune systems will not get the same functionality of the vaccine, since the vaccine works by stimulating immune system activity. A cancer patient or organ transplant recipient, for example, may be able to take the vaccine safely, but if it doesn't work, what's the point?

• Like 1

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Are you calling 2nd hand smoke a temporary mild annoyance? 

In the context of this discussion....as a comparable health threat - certainly. Without question.
It simply doesnt carry the same weight as passing on a deadly disease in a close environment - such as a restaurant.

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Was there no other hospitals available? 

Not sure, it was in Missisippi if I remember correctly and I know that Mississippi hospitals are being overran right now and they are asking for government help to send more doctors and setting up makeshift tents outside to treat patients.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

People with depressed immune systems will not get the same functionality of the vaccine, since the vaccine works by stimulating immune system activity. A cancer patient or organ transplant recipient, for example, may be able to take the vaccine safely, but if it doesn't work, what's the point?

Okay. Got it. Makes sense.

38 minutes ago, 15412 said:

OK, I'll give you just a little help and start you here.  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/06/24/doctors-from-yale-and-ucla-there-are-concerns-about-the-vaccine-officials-may-not-be-telling-you-about-n2591466

But there is much more.  Open your mind and try to think freely.

Bottom of the page. 

Editors Note - Help Townall keep reporting on leftists using COVID-19 as an excuse for big government power grabs.

For sure a reliable source with no bias...for sure. Long term vaccination side effects have ALWAYS shown up within the first two months of vaccination. It's an absolute shame that a chunk of this country has been brain washed by fools like Tucker Carlson (Who's vaccinated btw) into thinking the vaccine is some political tool. 

• Like 6