bucsfan333

1 minute ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Where did it come from?  

You haven't heard phrases like:

• A lot of people are saying
  • Everybody's talking about it
  • They are saying
  • Everyone is saying

And the same exact word vomit phrases but with "I heard" instead of "they said".

If you haven't heard those phrases, I can't even begin to articulate how much I envy you.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You haven't heard phrases like:

• A lot of people are saying
  • Everybody's talking about it
  • They are saying
  • Everyone is saying

And the same exact word vomit phrases but with "I heard" instead of "they said".

If you haven't heard those phrases, I can't even begin to articulate how much I envy you.

Haha, no, I have.  I misunderstood what you meant.  I thought you meant there was an exact incident in history the saying was tracked to, and I was ignorant to what it was.  As in a notorious speech, or a well known movie quote.  It was a genuine question.

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Haha, no, I have.  I misunderstood what you meant.  I thought you meant there was an exact incident in history the saying was tracked to, and I was ignorant to what it was.  As in a notorious speech or, a movie quote.  It was a genuine question.

I figured. If anyone has no idea what I'm talking about, I can cook and clean and would love to be roommates.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Doesn’t matter the metric, it’s just a bottom 2 state.

Kansas is dead last.  Always, without exception.

Today I took a teachable moment to show kids how big the state of Alaska is based upon this graphic:

220px-Alaska_area_compared_to_contermino

how-big-is-alaska-compared-to-united-sta

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I read a artical on how there was a gunshot victim who had to wait 6 or 9 hours at a hospital because the entire hospital was flooded with Covid patients taking up all of the rooms. Thats sort of what Im referring to.

Try 10 to 14....

...Days.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-covid-houston-shooting-victim-surgery-hospitalization-20210817-u2agwis4wnfprcbgh6f3higmky-story.html

My mom used to work at this hospital, retired about 15 years ago. Since the pandemic started she gets a call once every three months about re-joining because they're understaffed and are desperate for experience.

Let that sink in real quick. They're calling an 80 year old woman collecting pension because they're SO hard up for nurses. But, keep on thinking this pandemic is not a drain on resources.

(She said no; She's happy with her job as full time grandmother).