Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

On 10/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, beekay414 said:

Just got my Moderna booster. Immediate charlie horse in the arm lol.

Was told I shouldn't have any symptoms/reactions after this one since it's a lower dose but, man, if I don't have a headache from hell and mega lethargy today. Popping Advil like they're are M&Ms right now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KManX89 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/supporters-unvaccinated-nba-star-kyrie-irving-storm-past-barricades-outside-n1282243

LOL, guess I wasn't embellishing when I said "flat earthers are looking for these anti-vaxxer loons to join their club" seeing how Kyrie also happens to be a flat-earther. 🤣 Even if they have to violently storm past barricades (where have I seen THAT before?) and into businesses that have rightfully denied them service and postpone games to do so.

"Free enterprise, bruh! Wait, not like that!"

I hope Darwinism finds a way to eliminate this level of stupid from my offspring's lives.

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m very uncomfortable with the mocking and ridicule of flat earthers. People should have more empathy for marginalized groups.

You're right actually. It's not cool for Olympians to mock Special Olympians and this shouldn't be either unless it actually harms humanity somehow. The identifier (flat-earther) may just be harmlessly stupid, and if they are, let them be happy and dumb. Frustration alone isn't reason to ridicule them.

If they cause any actual harm to society, however, anything is free game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Was told I shouldn't have any symptoms/reactions after this one since it's a lower dose but, man, if I don't have a headache from hell and mega lethargy today. Popping Advil like they're are M&Ms right now.

Moderna vol. 2 about broke my will to live for 12 hours. 

38 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't have many problems other than a sore arm and fatigue with either of the first two doses. This headache is making me wanna rip my head off tho.

Yeah I was just tired on the first dose. For the second one I was awake most of the night with a fever, cold/hot, and a terrible migraine. Felt rough for about 10 hours. But yeah, headache was pretty bad. They say after 24 hours of you still feel like crap you can take some ibuprofen but it’s good to feel that initial first day response. My arm for whatever reason really only hurt the first dose. Can’t speak for the booster response.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:46 AM, incognito_man said:

I bet it's to help establish the South African mRNA technology transfer hub that will allow for greater and more diversified vaccines manufacturing capability, strengthen African regional health security and respond more equitably to the current COVID-19 pandemic and future pandemics.

What is the "Transfer Hub" exactly"?

Why can't they just...make the vaccine, and distribute it...to diminish the global threat of the virus?

On 10/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, Xenos said:

That’s Moderna for you. At least you’ll be better protected.

Moderna seems to react in a weird way with people who are already really fit and have strong immune systems too.  Like...i know of so many stories of people who are insanely fit, who got absolutely wrecked by their second Moderna shot.

Tbh...that's the shot i wish i had.  It seems like it's angry as heck, and has a grudge against the virus.  It's walking with purpose in the ol' bloodstream probably.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It straight put me down.  I'm 10 days out, and still feeling exhausted.  The headache and fever at least went away.  I'm pretty well conditioned, and I'm getting winded walking up stairs.  It has been as bad as actual Covid was, for me.  It's weird how much it varies.  My wife was fine in a day.  She was back in the gym last week.  I was bed ridden the middle of last week.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Moderna seems to react in a weird way with people who are already really fit and have strong immune systems too.  Like...i know of so many stories of people who are insanely fit, who got absolutely wrecked by their second Moderna shot.

Tbh...that's the shot i wish i had.  It seems like it's angry as heck, and has a grudge against the virus.  It's walking with purpose in the ol' bloodstream probably.

So Moderna = The Hulk?

the avengers fighting GIF by hoppip

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says some people with weakened immune systems who received either Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine could get a fourth shot.

Vaccine eligibility for mood disorders underscores elevated covid risk.

One study that analyzed data from seven countries found that individuals with schizophrenia were the second-likeliest group to die of covid-19, after the elderly.  The study found a strong link between preexisting mood disorders and hospitalization and death, even when adjusting for smoking, comorbidities such as heart disease, and insecurity in health care, housing and employment, he said. Alexis Aplasca, chief clinical officer and the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, said the coronavirus hit people suffering with severe mental illness hard, making it the No. 1 cause of death among patients at state psychiatric hospitals over the past year.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/27/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-PZYWSKHXRVG2DEIRI4PQBZOOEA

New coronavirus infections in the United States have dropped nearly 60 percent since a September spike brought on by the more contagious delta variant, according to data compiled by The Washington Post.