Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

In it they say if a doctor prescribes it, fill it and take it exactly as prescribed.

Now they know people aren’t actually going to read past the tweet. So they mention animals. Talk like high schoolers for some reason. Say you shouldn’t take it. And then in the article say you should take it if a doctor tells you to.

And we talk a lot about “experts”. This leads to a very important point which is that the best and brightest minds don’t work in government.

If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed. 

That's the exact thing they say.

No reputable doctor is going to prescribe it for COVID.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

In it they say if a doctor prescribes it, fill it and take it exactly as prescribed.

Now they know people aren’t actually going to read past the tweet. So they mention animals. Talk like high schoolers for some reason. Say you shouldn’t take it. And then in the article say you should take it if a doctor tells you to.

And we talk a lot about “experts”. This leads to a very important point which is that the best and brightest minds don’t work in government.

For infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. 

NOT FOR COVID!!!!!! 

Speaking of not bright minds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed. 

That's the exact thing they say.

No reputable doctor is going to prescribe it for COVID.

Why would they even entertain the idea? Why not just say don’t take it, full stop?

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why would they even entertain the idea? Why not just say don’t take it, full stop?

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. It is not okay. 

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. 

because it's not prescribed for COVID. if a doctor is prescribing it "for COVID" they are not a reputable doctor and likely could be leaving themselves open for lawsuit (the latter is speculation/my interpretation as I am not a lawyer)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titanrick said:

Thank you for engaging my posts in a mature manner.  It is appreciated.

Those of us in society who actually want what is good in the world more than wanting those who agree with us to smirk and pat us on the back need to change minds.  Mocking and ridiculing those with very real concerns does nothing to advance the common good.  It only advances the ego of the person doing that.  And when it gets to that level, those people are resistant to any data at all that would dare question their current beliefs. 

Here's how the difference between 750,000 and 687,213 matters.  It creates doubt which erodes the trust of people who initially were probably open to trusting "the experts" on this matter.  The experts initially told us to disinfect our groceries and change clothes in the garage.  The experts initially told us that wearing a mask was useless unless you knew you were already infected.  Anyone remember that?  If anyone questioned that at the time, they were ridiculed.  If the death numbers are artificially inflated, let's admit it and find a better way to count them.  I agree with your earlier point that it is a complex and difficult task.  I hope everyone can agree that a murder-suicide for two people with positive COVID tests but no symptoms is NOT a good way to count COVID deaths.  I also don't view the difference in the death toll as statistically significant.  But when I even dare bring up the flu, I'm told those numbers are insignificant and laughed at for bringing it up.  They're not insignificant when your son or daughter dies from the flu.

This is absolutely about numbers and dollars.  Both are viruses that have the potential to kill people.  The only difference is the number of people the virus kills.  We have deemed as a society that the seasonal flu isn't deadly enough to warrant widespread vaccine mandates, firing those who refuse, quarantines, masking, etc.  But we seem to be trying to get all of society to agree that COVID is that deadly.  It would be helpful to that cause if we talked about all the various data without the condescension and mockery of those who may simply ask clarifying questions. 

(That was just my rant - not meant to accuse you, Shanedorf, of doing that.)

The difference between 100% accuracy and 92% accuracy is an erosion of trust in experts.

How are we still going back and forth on ivermectin? The only two studies that showed that ivermectin had any positive effect on COVID BOTH had to be retracted due to fraud. The idea that it works is literally fraudulent.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, pwny said:

How are we still going back and forth on ivermectin? The only two studies that showed that ivermectin had any positive effect on COVID BOTH had to be retracted due to fraud. The idea that it works is literally fraudulent.

People are stupid and don't understand how scientific studies are conducted, reviewed, and more importantly meta-analyzed to create conclusions that are sometimes flawed. 

Also people are stupid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

People are stupid and don't understand how scientific studies are conducted, reviewed, and more importantly meta-analyzed to create conclusions that are sometimes flawed. 

Also people are stupid.

it's frustrating because i get that academia is inaccessible for a lot of people and research papers can sometimes be unnecessarily difficult to parse, but it's a huge issue now where the people who claim "oh i did my own research" actually are reading scientific literature, but don't have any idea how to actually interpret the results and just run with whatever catches their eye (and in a lot of cases, whatever confirms their priors). both science communication from academia and the government and science literacy among the general american public are in a rough state these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

listen. if you wanna ignore the majority of experts and find some sketch doctor or alley buddy to give you some horse paste to eat meant for parasites then I don't know what to tell you other than you're good to go when it comes to egg salad sandwiches from the gas station

Man I think I’d take horse paste over the Speedway Egg salad yikes.

But yeah, best to pass on both.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's frustrating because i get that academia is inaccessible for a lot of people and research papers can sometimes be unnecessarily difficult to parse, but it's a huge issue now where the people who claim "oh i did my own research" actually are reading scientific literature, but don't have any idea how to actually interpret the results and just run with whatever catches their eye (and in a lot of cases, whatever confirms their priors). both science communication from academia and the government and science literacy among the general american public are in a rough state these days.

I mean the media does a terrible job reporting on studies. A big red flag before this pandemic was all the "Study shows eating bacon good for the heart" or some crap but the study was done on 10 lab rats or some crap. 

You just have to be extremely careful when you are discussing studies and the media has been horribly representing them for years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Because

Edited by squire12
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Xenos said:

For infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. 

NOT FOR COVID!!!!!! 

Speaking of not bright minds.

We can speak of minds who make false accusations then when called out on it, pretend they don't see it, but you wouldn't like that. 

Guess that's over my head too.........