NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

Just now, titans0021 said:

Nobody is panicking. We’re responding to hypotheticals about us not being significant players in FA. When we have to be. If JR makes moves, great. What we’re saying is that major moves have to be made if we are going to avoid getting worse.

i'm really getting dead tired of the way any time someone makes a legitimate criticism of the team's approach on here the response is "oh you're panicking now, you think we're going to have the number 1 pick, you're being hysterical." because god forbid i have measured concerns about how we're spending the very limited window we have with guys like tannehill and henry in their prime.

• Like 1

So let me get it right.

We want to sign Corey Davis to a top tier deal.
Sign Jonnu Smith to a top tier deal.
Give DaQuan Jones a raise.
Give Jayon Brown a top tier deal.
Bring back Clowney to a very lucrative deal that he'd want.
Keep Malcolm Butler on a high price deal. 
Keep Vaccaro on a nice contract.

THENNNNN.

Go sign an impact pass rusher.
Find a replacement for Humph.

In a cash strapped salary cap season.

Go it. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

So let me get it right.

THENNNNN.

Go it. 

Where the Dodgers now King you didnt get the memo?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

So let me get it right.

THENNNNN.

Go it. 

find me a post where literally anyone has suggested that. you're not actually responding to anyone, you're just straw manning obnoxiously. if we can't actually discuss this stuff then there's no point in posting here.

I’m all for letting things play out. But at the moment I don’t know how you can be comfortable in the position we’re currently in. You can think Davis, Smith, Brown or whoever can be easily replaced by vets or draft picks but those guys were valuable pieces to our team. We’re losing key players that’s creating holes on a roster that already has holes that need filling.

It was already the case but there’s truly no room for error when it comes to our signings and draft picks. We have to get impact signings and day one starting draft picks. Any missteps, and we’re right back being that 7-9/9-7 team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So let me get it right.

THENNNNN.

Go it. 

No one said even close to that. How about we restructure a contract or 2 (Saffold literally tweeted he was down for that) to create more cap space. We have 7 starters leaving, every other team has created ways to get more than enough cap room to make this down year promising. Our plan cut some bad contracts (which is fine) let Corey who wanted to be here walk, Jonnu as well with no answer to either on the roster.  All TEs are free agents, as is all WRs not named AJ. It's worrisome having 7 starter holes to fill PLUS depth with no cap space. Why is it not ok to be concerned?

Just now, -Hope- said:

find me a post where literally anyone has suggested that. you're not actually responding to anyone, you're just straw manning obnoxiously. if we can't actually discuss this stuff then there's no point in posting here.

That's the vibe. And I'm responding to it.

Vibe 1: Why aren't we keeping our guys.  Response Guys have to want to be here too.  You are going to have to spend to keep them.
Vibe 2: We are creating more holes by not keeping the guys: Keeping the guys will not give us the ability to try to get the pass rusher that most of us feel we need the most.

And yes I wasn't responding to anyone and Nobody posted that. Which is why I didn't quote anyone. 
The thing was said....we have to replace these starters, said in a way of why aren't we keeping them. so i showed what it would look like to keep those guys. 

And again it's been now 43 mins and some act like the season has ended already because we aren't paying or finding a way to keep all those guys for discounted rates or creative cap numbers. 

Like I said, if we roll out undrafted free agents for those guys the complaints would be warranted.

We all wanted Corey and Jonnu back but knew it was highly likely that they werent.  Now that they aren't coming back the world is crumbling in the view of some. If that doesn't apply to you then the post wasn't for you.