MLB The Show 21

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’m shocked but I guess the play is give Xbox fans a taste of it to try and hook them onto the franchise long term? 

Gotta be honest, I’m an X-Box guy because of the group of people I’ve played with through the years, but love baseball so I always got a PlayStation, primarily for The Show.  With it being on X-Box now, I doubt I will be getting a PS5.  

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

PS Plus for MLB the Show and MAdden and NBA2k would be amazing. Even FIFA and NHL on there would be great.

I wonder how much it cost them to get The Show and NBA2k on gamepass this year. Sont would have a leg up because it's their own game.

I didn't really think about it but if you have Gamepass Ultimate you get those two plus all the EA titles now. Which is the right price point for me, don't think I've bought a sports game since like Madden 25 maybe? Played them every year they came to EA Access/Play though.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Gotta be honest, I’m an X-Box guy because of the group of people I’ve played with through the years, but love baseball so I always got a PlayStation, primarily for The Show.  With it being on X-Box now, I doubt I will be getting a PS5.  

I forgot that they were told to put the game on other platforms, was that like 2/3 years ago?

Always heard good things about the franchise.

Wow! Can’t believe it! I was about to pre-order lol. And unlike 2K, The Show is including both Last Gen and Next Gen versions of the game on Gamepass. Nuts. Xbox is on fire this gen. Glad I made the move to Xbox this go around. Gamepass is awesome. I haven’t paid for a game yet lol. 

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Does this have a franchise mode?

Yes. Like other sports games, it hasn’t been touched in years... but it’s a decent Franchise Mode. Much better than EA’s Franchise Modes, and almost on par with 2K’s. Still leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

They must have made some upgrades for this game to be coming out a month later than usual.

Nope. Besides Stadium Creator (which is awesome), this is a 100% copy/paste game. Has been a copy/paste game since ‘18. 

Is the Road to the Show mode still pretty fun? I haven't played in a long time (since the PS2). I worry about being a pitcher and rarely getting to bat or field or being an outfielder or something  and not getting to pitch at all...is it engaging enough to play for a while? 

15 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Is the Road to the Show mode still pretty fun? I haven't played in a long time (since the PS2). I worry about being a pitcher and rarely getting to bat or field or being an outfielder or something  and not getting to pitch at all...is it engaging enough to play for a while? 

RTTS was the only mode that received some upgrades this year. You can now be a two-way player, which means a Pitcher and a Batter, pretty awesome feature. There is also now a podcast, similar to the Madden 05-07 Franchise Modes on PS2. 

• Like 1