Nicholas Morrow is re-signing with the Raiders

agarcia34

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Nice to see. Glad some players are excited to be here. Hudson was all pro but at the end of the day we need players that want to be here. Loved Hudson as our Center, but even if he didn't leave this season, he's getting close to retirement. Probably wants to go to a SB contender ASAP.

That’s what I always say

Vic

Bradley met with Morrow before free agency and told him how much he wanted him back. Morrow can play nickel linebacker, though Kwiatkoski also improved at that as last season went on. We’ll see who Bradley has come off the field on third downs, but the Raiders are expecting for Littleton to bounce back after a rough first season with the team and appear set at linebacker.

Surprised by how many are very positive in this thread, I'm sure when I was defending Morrow at the start of the season there weren't many who felt similarly. I've always liked Morrow as a smaller, faster LB who can play role. Not the best tackler or very physical but he has a role and if it's reasonable value he can be a very useful depth piece.

28 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Surprised by how many are very positive in this thread, I'm sure when I was defending Morrow at the start of the season there weren't many who felt similarly. I've always liked Morrow as a smaller, faster LB who can play role. Not the best tackler or very physical but he has a role and if it's reasonable value he can be a very useful depth piece.

Your absolutely right.... I’d do a lot further:

When he received a 2nd rounder, 3.26M tender there was a TON of people who wanted him to be released to save money. 

I always liked Morrow.... I think the reason why people objected was because they get use to a player making a low pay rate and want to continue that.  They get use to the value and don’t want to pay the going rate.  It’s human nature.... gas could be $3.50 for years on end and then it drops to $1.75 but eventually comes up to $3.40 and everyone is crying about how expensive it is.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I’m not his biggest fan. Too inconsistent for me. I felt like he’d a game where he looked like the best player on defense, then games where he looked awful out there. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I figured it would be a short deal. I think they’re trying to see who the best 2 LBs are out of them 3.

I think they should compliment each other quite well. Hopefully we can get Littleton back to form and have at least average LB play.

14 hours ago, Jerry said:

As tacky as it is to say, we need Gruden Grinders. 53 guys willing to go to war for a common cause, to become SB Champions. 

It's been 4 years, they keep turning over the roster. They need to actually execute a plan. Or have a plan for that matter.

And the "Gruden grinder" things needs to be shot into the sun. That's why the drafts have been terrible. Trying to get these "grinders" and reaching on players like Ferrell, Abram, even Jacobs. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

It's been 4 years, they keep turning over the roster. They need to actually execute a plan. Or have a plan for that matter.

And the "Gruden grinder" things needs to be shot into the sun. That's why the drafts have been terrible. Trying to get these "grinders" and reaching on players like Ferrell, Abram, even Jacobs. 

This isn't a very Gruden Grinder thing to say.

• Like 1