FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

That's a great pick @Forge , though, even though it wasn't our top guy.  He was in my top 3 there.   

Personally, it works great - he needs at least 1 year to develop, maybe 2 - but he could be the real deal at LT.    Not many guys like that at the end of Rd3.    And you didn't give up book value, but saved 40 pts in the move up.   Hats off.

As a reference for KC gave up:

Tyreek Hill signed for 2 years

Nnadi

2022 1st, 2022 2nd & 6th

2021 1.31, 2.63, and 3.95 (either 1.31, 2.63 & 3.95 could have gone T, and if it's 3rd WR, then WR-T in first 3 picks)

to get:

Devonta Smith at 1.9

4.118 & 4.181 & 7th

OBJ signed for 3 years & Landry signed for 1 year

Tyrell Crosby

I get hindsight is 20/20, but man.   If there's a plan...not really seeing it.  I'll take it, but still....

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's a great pick @Forge , though, even though it wasn't our top guy.  He was in my top 3 there.   

Personally, it works great - he needs at least 1 year to develop, maybe 2 - but he could be the real deal at LT.    Not many guys like that at the end of Rd3.    And you didn't give up book value, but saved 40 pts in the move up.   Hats off.

As a reference for KC:

Tyreek Hill signed for 2 years

Nnadi

2022 1st, 2022 2nd & 6th

2021 1.31, 2.63, and 3.95 (either 1.31, 2.63 & 3.95 could have gone T, and if it's 3rd WR, then WR-T in first 3 picks)

to get:

Devonta Smith at 1.9

4.118 & 4.181 & 7th

OBJ signed for 3 years & Landry signed for 1 year

Tyrell Crosby

I get hindsight is 20/20, but man.   If there's a plan...not really seeing it.  I'll take it, but still....

Tyrell Crosby started RT all last season and was above average in pass pro. He w start next to Kyle Long on the right side, both played college football at Oregon. Nnadi we can't afford to keep longterm and trading him at this point is just exchanging our DL depth for OL depth which is more important to us.

Our WR were trash last year. We just shuffled the deck there. DeVonta Smith is a monster who will replace Tyreek just fine while being much cheaper for the next 5 years and OBJ and Landry are upgrades to Watkins and Pringle.

Our offense has gotten a lot more unstoppable and we're only getting started.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Tyrell Crosby started RT all last season and was above average in pass pro. He w start next to Kyle Long on the right side, both played college football at Oregon. Nnadi we can't afford to keep longterm and trading him at this point is just exchanging our DL depth for OL depth which is more important to us.

Our WR were trash last year. We just shuffled the deck there. DeVonta Smith is a monster who will replace Tyreek just fine while being much cheaper for the next 5 years and OBJ and Landry are upgrades to Watkins and Pringle.

Our offense has gotten a lot more unstoppable and we're only getting started.

Crosby was a starter on a bottom 10 OL, and his play at best was meh.    If your plan is Kyle Long is stay healthy for 16 games, and pairing Crosby...man.    You've got the franchise QB, to nickel and dime for OL solutions trying to mine bargains, that's your call - but that's seldom gone well for orgs that go that route.   

You keep Hill, and you take Rondale Moore as your slot guy Rd1, and you go Rd2 LT, I suspect you'd like the result more...and you keep your 2022 picks.   Just don't see how quantity but lower-impact guys really helps, with trying to find quarters instead of dollars for premium positions like your top WR & T (nothing against Smith, but he's unlikely helping you like Hill did right away), and sacrificing DL depth and your entire 2022 draft stock in the process.    Seems incredibly lateral for the future price.

Edited by Broncofan

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Crosby was a starter on a bottom 10 OL, and his play at best was meh.    If your plan is Kyle Long is stay healthy for 16 games, and pairing Crosby...man.    You've got the franchise QB, to nickel and dime for OL solutions trying to mine bargains, that's your call - but that's seldom gone well for orgs that go that route.   

You keep Hill, and you take Rondale Moore as your slot guy Rd1, and you go Rd2 LT, I suspect you'd like the result more...and you keep your 2022 picks.   Just don't see how quantity but lower-impact guys really helps, with trying to find quarters instead of dollars for premium positions like your top WR & T (nothing against Smith, but he's unlikely helping you like Hill did right away), and sacrificing DL depth and your entire 2022 draft stock in the process.    Seems incredibly lateral for the future price.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff is an above average starter on the bench at guard. Our OL is way better now than it was last season, FACT.

WR D. Smith will go 6th overall in the real draft. Us getting him in exchange for 2 bad picks and a future pick was a huge W. Denver took the L trading down and getting Azeej Ojulari and Quinn Miernez instead. We also have 3 picks in the 4th round now. The first two will just act in place of our late 2nd and 3rd rders that we missed out on.

Edited by Kirill

17 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff is an above average starter on the bench at guard. Our OL is way better now than it was last season, FACT.

WR D. Smith will go 6th overall in the real draft. Us getting him in exchange for 2 bad picks and a future pick was a huge W. Denver took the L trading down and getting Azeej Ojulari and Quinn Miernez instead. We also have 3 picks in the 4th round now. The first two will just act in place of our late 2nd and 3rd rders that we missed out on.

Fwiw the Oline is not better. Lost Schwartz and Fisher.

Your interior is strong enough but can’t see who is playing tackle.

• Like 1