FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Kirill said:

You give modern day Alex Smith these weapons he's walking thru all of you bums en route to a division title.

He doesn't need all these weapons, by the way pretty sure KC could not afford this move after taking 17M+ in deadcap by trading Tyreek.

Edited by BowserBroncos

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

As poorly as you've run that team, yall might not make the playoffs next year.

At least give him the chance to post the depth chart at the end of the draft... Although he may want to avoid posting the remaining 2022 draft picks/roster.

Regardless, I'm entertained.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was brought up in our conversations. Was a big talking point. The thing is, it doesn't match the tape. I don't know what to do with that. 

Ultimately, would definitely fail him at tackle first but definitely was on my mind

Orlando Brown.

• Like 1

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

He doesn't need all these weapons, by the way pretty sure KC couldn't not afford this move after taking 17M+ in deadcap by trading Tyreek.

We just barely fell short of the Trent Williams sweepstakes IRL. Look at our spotrac, our cap sheet is wide open. We can absorb the damage this year and be set for a more healthier cap situation in the future. Mahomes new marriage at WR D. Smith is younger, cheaper, taller, more prototypical, less of a headache than Tyreek.  We already had two good WR's in Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman., OBJ and Landry just add to the WR room behind D. Smith. OBJ though is the type of talent that belongs on this type of team next to other all time greats on offense.

Just now, Kirill said:

We just barely fell short of the Trent Williams sweepstakes IRL. Look at our spotrac, our cap sheet is wide open. We can absorb the damage this year and be set for a more healthier cap situation in the future. Mahomes new marriage at WR D. Smith is younger, cheaper, taller, more prototypical, less of a headache than Tyreek.  We already had two good WR's in Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman., OBJ and Landry just add to the WR room behind D. Smith. OBJ though is the type of talent that belongs on this type of team next to other all time greats on offense.

KC have 21M in cap space. You just take a loss of cap by trading Tyreek + more than 26M with just OBJ and Landry....even with Nnadi cap saving you can't afford.

Would have cap to sign your draft picks.

Smith would be 4th in line for targets behind Kelce, OBJ and Landry. And you traded 3 picks of the following draft to get this while still not solved the problem that was the main reason you got embarrassed by Tampa in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

KC have 21M in cap space. You just take a loss of cap by trading Tyreek + more than 26M with just OBJ and Landry....even with Nnadi cap saving you can't afford.

Would have cap to sign your draft picks.

Smith would be 4th in line for targets behind Kelce, OBJ and Landry. And you traded 3 picks of the following draft to get this while still not solved the problem that was the main reason you got embarrassed by Tampa in the Super Bowl.

We solved that problem when we fired Britt Reid.

Otherwise our offense got embarassed in the SB cause our two tackles retired early and we had no depth. Our OL now has Thuney, Crosby, Long, Blythe, and LDT added to it. All starters. And we have a 3rd rounder Niang stepping in from COVID redshirt  he's a talent project OT on the bench. We're good the OL problem is misunderstood.

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

We solved that problem when we fired Britt Reid.

Otherwise our offense got embarassed in the SB cause our two tackles retired early and we had no depth. Our OL now has Thuney, Crosby, Long, Blythe, and LDT added to it. All starters. And we have a 3rd rounder Niang stepping in from COVID redshirt  he's a talent project OT on the bench. We're good the OL problem is misunderstood.

So what is your projected starting Oline? I see lots of guards no proper tackles

Rankin - Thuney - Blythe - Long - Remmers (Starters)

Niang - Alegretti - Williams - LDT - Crosby (Backups) plus Wylie,Durant at guard I think.

I see lots of quality interior and not much quality on outside although I have listed two developmental players,

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Thuney, Crosby, Long, Blythe, and LDT added to it.

Not a single good LT or RT in here. Crosby allowed 5 sacks and made 3 penalties while playing 400 less snaps than Eric Fisher.

If you really think Britt Reid was the reason you guys lost the SB, I don't why I'm losing my time.

• Like 1