FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

16 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So do you guys want a big guy wr or more a slot speed guy. I'd imagine speed guy but whatever ya'll think is best. Apparantly we have four, fourth Rd picks.  I imagine I'll use one of them on wr 

Personally, I think they need more outside guys, of their top 4 WRs (Jefferson, Thielen, Johnson, Beebe), all except Johnson play the slot.  They need an outside guy that can potentially stretch the field, since none of their guys really are that.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't really see the need for a guy like him (and would probably be too rich of a price), but I'll let others weigh in as well.

Agreed. Quite frankly, he’s not worth it. I think you could actually find a TE in the 4th or 5th round would give you similar production. 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Would you guys want Njoku for like a fourth and fifth? 

Njoku is an awesome athlete but has a bad injury history and the Vikings arguably already have stretch athletic TE in Irv Smith.  They need more of a big blocking type TE who has some pass catching skills.

Well looks like Mond is gone, Lions guy watching in on the conversation I am sure.  

WR could be a good option, I agree they need a speed guy who can stretch the field and make big plays.  Terry is still around, same with Jonathan Adams I believe.  Both have size and deep field speed.  Monty Rice is still around, LB not a huge need but could be a great replacement for Kendricks if he gets hurt and he has amazing speed and athletic ability.  Could be a good replacement for Eric Wilson as well but he is still technically unsigned.  Sterns is still out there as well and even though I would rather have him over Johnson but not like safety is solid either with just Xavier Woods and Harrison Smith as proven players.  So having two rookies there is not out of the question either.

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So we like wr as a pick, maybe a TE.  We could always take two wr.  Edge also?   We got four picks in a short span. May take a wr flyer on just pure speed size combo 

Yeah one of the four should be a receiver but not two.  Is odd how fast receivers are going, doubt that happens in real life.  St. Brown and Dyami Brown were both quite over drafted.  

Josh Imatorbhebhe Illinois
Jonathan Adams Jr Arkansas State
Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR
Sage Surratt Wake Forest JR
Tutu Atwell Louisville JR
Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa
Whop Philyor Indiana
Josh Palmer Tennessee
Dez Fitzpatrick Louisville
Anthony Schwartz Auburn JR
Trevon Grimes Florida
Cade Johnson South Dakota State
Cornell Powell Clemson

If one wants just a burner Schwartz is the fastest, Tutu I like but is more quick than fast but does have big play potential.  Surratt has great upside but sat out this season, physically I would love his size and then of course Adams and Terry who both can go up and get the ball and are deep threats.  Josh Palmer is a nice vertical receiver who is strong and athletic, same with Grimes who athletically was great at the pro day.  Imatorbhebhe is probably the best athlete still around though but does not have as good of ball skills arguably than Adams.  Whop is a character and is an interesting dude as well.

38 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Njoku is an awesome athlete but has a bad injury history and the Vikings arguably already have stretch athletic TE in Irv Smith.  They need more of a big blocking type TE who has some pass catching skills.

Well looks like Mond is gone, Lions guy watching in on the conversation I am sure.  

If they were they would have known I didn't like Mond lol 

27 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If they were they would have known I didn't like Mond lol 

True but is drafting a safety in Jamar Johnson a better move than drafting arguably the last good future QB prospect in the draft for a team that does not currently have any real future at QB past Cousins, much less any real backup QB.  Let us not even talk about not taking Caden Sterns.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but is drafting a safety in Jamar Johnson a better move than drafting arguably the last good future QB prospect in the draft for a team that does not currently have any real future at QB past Cousins, much less any real backup QB.  Let us not even talk about not taking Caden Sterns.  

Seeing how I don't think Mond is better than the crap dev qb already on the squad, yes.  I think you are overeating sterns btw. A lot 

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Seeing how I don't think Mond is better than the crap dev qb already on the squad, yes.  I think you are overeating sterns btw. A lot 

Kellen Mond is not better than Nathan Stanley or Jake Browning.  What world you live in?  

Oh and he ran a 4.57 40 time and has progressed each yeah he has been in college under a pro style coach who is hard on him an expects a lot out of him.  He is not better than Nathan Stanley?  Ok.

And maybe I am overrating Sterns but Sterns is a better athlete than Jamar and has played more consistently for a longer period of time than Jamar Johnson has.  Sterns has been an NFL prospect at safety since his freshman year, Jamar did not even see the field as a freshman.  But I like Jamar Johnson and his great ball skills no question.  Not taking Mond could have been a mistake, in the real draft he is probably gone in the 2nd round.  

You make the picks though and run the show.