Sleepers? Favorite Hidden Gems

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

My lists are extremely organic as I don’t look at a single list or report, big fan of Browning but will have to look at him more and see why some have him R2 and R3. 

As you should to formulate your own list. I’ve had Terrace Marshall in the top 10 since then end of the season. But I also don’t see Browning on film as being that highly regarded as a prospect. For all that athleticism I don’t see the instincts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I respect the guy for having his own opinions but yes he does. @BayRaider were you the one who was very high on Jaylon Johnson?

Yes I was pounding the table for Jaylon Johnson at 19 and had a 1st Round Grade on him. He was my CB2 to Okudah (although much behind Okudah). 

I was also way higher on Brandon Aiyuk in that class than anyone on this forum. 

• Like 1

OT/G James Hudson, is quite raw and needs a lot of development but I think his physical potential is huge, especially if you get him on a team that likes to run the ball more.

LB Charles Snowden, usually when guys start getting 6'3"+ they lose some change of direction quickness, as they have longer more awkward strides. Snowden is 6'6" and looks shockingly smooth, I haven't seen him in coverage enough, but I really really want to see how he'd do in coverage against TEs. I think he could be a 3-4 edge that gets asked to cover TEs or blitzes the passenger, those he needs to get much stronger and bull rush, so he can at least use it as a potential threat, not that it'll be his go to move. But a large coverage LB for TEs, who can surprise blitz and such his length to hold edges could be very useful if selected to the right scheme.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:13 AM, jrry32 said:

Matt Bushman TE Brigham Young - He tore his Achilles before the season, so he's a deep sleeper right now. Needs to get better as a blocker. But he has a big frame, strong hands, can create separation with his physicality, and prior to his injury, had the athletic ability to separate.

I didn't include some others who are talked about often (Tamorrion Terry, Ar'Darius Washington, etc.).

Dude's already 25 and coming off a major leg injury.  The odds are long.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, Scoundrel said:

As you should to formulate your own list. I’ve had Terrace Marshall in the top 10 since then end of the season. But I also don’t see Browning on film as being that highly regarded as a prospect. For all that athleticism I don’t see the instincts

That's the big thing with Browning. There are plays at OSU where he would make an insane play and then the next play he'd be in proper position and fill the wrong gap as the RB ran by him.  I almost think he'd be better off bulking up and being an edge rusher.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's the big thing with Browning. There are plays at OSU where he would make an insane play and then the next play he'd be in proper position and fill the wrong gap as the RB ran by him.  I almost think he'd be better off bulking up and being an edge rusher.

-How do you know if he "filled the wrong gap" if you don't know the defensive call from the huddle or sideline?  And are you saying he was never in position while playing MLB? Did he miss all of his reads? 

-Fans who don't know the whole situation are making this seem like a fatal flaw when NFL position coaches/scouts see this as something easily coachable

-Look, does he have flaws? Every prospect coming into this draft has flaws, but to make it seem like he couldn't grow into a really good Mike linebacker with higher level coaching I flat out don't agree with.

-The exact same thing is going on with Justin Fields, people who don't know the call in the huddle or how the play was diagramed making up their own ideas about the guy based off their knowledge and not facts.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Ellerson Smith 

I just discovered him over the past couple days. I liked his tape and his pro day numbers surprised me. Definite sleeper pick.

UNI’s Elerson Smith jumped 41.5″ vert, 127″ broad at his Pro Day, and benched 225 lbs 26 times with 33 1/4″ arms That vertical may be in the 99th percentile, broad 93rd for EDGE, that’s some freaky lower body explosiveness He also ran a 4.69 at  6'6 1/2" weighing 262 pounds!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

He's Malik Jefferson