49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

1 hour ago, XScutterX said:

Guess I haven't seen those comparisons. I have seen the Cousins and sometimes Ryan comparison which would be an upgrade if he gets to those levels. 

IMO no one should be comparing Jones to the greatest QB of all time... If he's the next Brady, why isn't he going #1?

I'm not against the niners taking Jones BTW. If that's Shanny's guy, get him. 

I'm not against Jones, all things considered. I'm against Jones being #3 overall. I will NEVER be okay with that UNLESS he turns into a slightly better version of Matt Ryan. Like, that's the floor for me. And his college tape is not as impressive as Ryan was, at least not to me taking into account the talent surrounding him.

To me, this a 'move all your chips to the middle of the table' kind of play. And I just can't fathom that you make that gamble for a Mac Jones. Hell, you could have drafted Trask in Round 2....they're not that far apart imo.

You do this to be dynamic offensively. You do this to get something you don't have already nor can you readily find@the position. This HAS to be a play for either Wilson, Fields or Lance. I've gone on record as being scared ****less by the bust potential of both Fields and Lance. BUT if Shanny likes the athletic upside and the potential for both, I can roll with it and ride it out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John232 said:

So it's not Jones...?

I don't know, but Maiocco basically said exactly what I said an hour ago. That Jones is the safe pick and if they don't want to take a big gamble, he will be their guy.

But Maiocco had no idea about this trade so I don't anyone really knows where Shanny is leaning towards. 

Heck, maybe Lynch doesn't even know LOL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, at first Maiocco said he thinks they will want someone mobile. Now he has quickly changed his tone, aka someone must have told him to say Jones. 

Maiocco is still the most reliable niners insider, but he was very insistent for months that Jimmy G is the guy. I'm sure thats what he heard, so i wouldn't put it against the niners to use maiocco/rappaport to leak smokescreens. 

I'm just wondering whats the point of a smokescreen if we know that Lawrence/Fields are going 1 & 2 respectively. 

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Maiocco is still the most reliable niners insider, but he was very insistent for months that Jimmy G is the guy. I'm sure thats what he heard, so i wouldn't put it against the niners to use maiocco/rappaport to leak smokescreens. 

I'm just wondering whats the point of a smokescreen if we know that Lawrence/Fields are going 1 & 2 respectively. 

That's what I'm thinking. Maiocco didn't see this coming and really no one did so how would he know they are liking Jones? He's taking an educated guess here. 

• Like 1

PFF thinks we pick Fields at #3? 

The suspense is killing me already. Still a month to go 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-winners-losers-trade-san-francisco-49ers-miami-dolphins-philadelphia-eaglesPFF

Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos

These two are grouped into one because they both had the opportunity to trade up with Miami for that No. 3 pick. They both lost out on that race.

Now, they are probably left with either Mac Jones or Trey Lance. Those are acceptable consolation prizes, and both players have great NFL potential, but they are a clear tier below Justin Fields, who will likely go at No. 3.

I'm going to be pretty bummed if it isn't Wilson. I've said from jump that Wilson & Lawrence were they only two guys for me that made sense to jump up and go get. The rest of the lot are a big roll of the dice and all have a huge ? attached to them. I will have no choice but to be optimistic about whoever the QB is. But this move would feel a little empty if we didn't get one of the guys I felt we had no real shot at beforehand. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm going to be pretty bummed if it isn't Wilson. I've said from jump that Wilson & Lawrence were they only two guys for me that made sense to jump up and go get. The rest of the lot are a big roll of the dice and all have a huge ? attached to them. I will have no choice but to be optimistic about whoever the QB is. But this move would feel a little empty if we didn't get one of the guys I felt we had no real shot at beforehand. 

I would be my life Wilson is going 2. 

• Like 1

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/145753-wyche-lynch-jimmy-garoppolo-49ers-plans-offers-ignored/

"Now, as of now, Lynch said that Garoppolo is very much in the team plans and that the rookie quarterback that they draft could learn under Garoppolo.

"But then I said to him, 'Look, though, as we get closer to the draft, and if a team calls, would you entertain that?' He said, 'Absolutely.' And he added that a lot of teams have already been circling, which is why they made this move—to get their quarterback for the future. Whether that future is 2021 or beyond remains to be seen."

He gone

What's interesting is that three of the five years this regime has picked in the top 3 and this is the first time they are going QB. What are the odds of that?

This would be classic Shanahan. Makes a big trade to #3 and then settles for the safe choice in Mac Jones LOL.