49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is how I feel if I were being honest

The four most frustrating games of Shanny's tenure:

2019 v Seahawks at home. We just couldn't bottle up Russ and lost when Jimmy G struggled down weapons against man coverage and with no escapability. 2019 Ravens on the road. Lamar Jackson 4th down zone read game - couldn't stop it and lost when our 4th down auto slant couldnt match it. The Super Bowl. 😢Last year week one. Kyler Murray keeps breaking contain and Jimmy G gets George Kittle killed while being useless. If there's a team that should have learned a lesson about 2020 offense, it's the 49ers.

So we still need another corner......Jimmy G for Gilmore and a 3rd? If they go Mac Jones, then he is starting year one point blank. Wilson would be starting year one, the question is would Fields be starting or would Shanahan prefer to sit him and go with Jimmy? Because I feel Fields in year one can be effective in this offense even if Shanahan dumbs it down a bit. 

Get ready for a thousand different takes a day from people that know absolutely nothing behind Shanahan's thinking.

April 29 can't come soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So we still need another corner......Jimmy G for Gilmore and a 3rd? If they go Mac Jones, then he is starting year one point blank. Wilson would be starting year one, the question is would Fields be starting or would Shanahan prefer to sit him and go with Jimmy? Because I feel Fields in year one can be effective in this offense even if Shanahan dumbs it down a bit. 

Get ready for a thousand different takes a day from people that know absolutely nothing behind Shanahan's thinking.

April 29 can't come soon enough. 

Ooh, I like that trade idea. 

I'm starting too buy in this is Lance who we are taking. He fits in with Kyle has stated in the past which is important to him pro style college offense. He had alot on his plate. If we truly want to start Jimmy this season Trey would be the guy you want to sit and devolop. 

What if the Mac Jones rumours are to get NE interested? I mean, nobody knew we were trying to trade up to the top picks for weeks. Now, everyone knows who we're taking? Most likely, we're leaking that (or allowing people to think it)

We have their former QB. We could pick Mac who may be their top QB after Lawrence/Wilson. We could be trying to sell that we have their first option in Mac to drive up the price on their second option in Jimmy? 

I think you only go to #3 for a QB with elite traits. To me, thats Lance. 

He is raw but we can simplify our offense enough for it to work. A player worth 3 1st rounders aint gona ride the bench, for better or worse. 

I think Jimmy is gone by the draft. Get a 2nd this year or a future 1st from NE. Use that cap space on Bosa & Warner. 

Can't believe i just woke up and saw this massive trade. I still think i must be asleep and dreaming this. Ballsy move by our front office, Now just need to nail the qb pick. Redshirt him for a year behind Jimmy g then we can trade jimmy next season like what chiefs did with mahomes and alex smith. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Can't believe i just woke up and saw this massive trade. I still think i must be asleep and dreaming this. Ballsy move by our front office, Now just need to nail the qb pick. Redshirt him for a year behind Jimmy g then we can trade jimmy next season like what chiefs did with mahomes and alex smith. 

Good morning wekcome to the fun!

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm still not happy with kinlaw, and even after the trade for Williams I still took wirfs lol.

I think kinlaw will be okay. He was better than I thought, so that is promising. I'll be happy to admit I was wrong if he proves it

The same wanted wirfs over Kinlaw and still do he be a perfect right tackle to replace McG who could of kicked inside to guard. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What if Jimmy requests a trade and doesn't want to be part of a lame duck season? What happens then? Especially if Shanny doesn't want to play say Lance next year? Does he try to get back Cam in a potential Jimmy trade? Lol. 

Can't imagine Jimmy wanting to stay. I'm sure he feels blindsided by this and the fans & media are gona call for his benching the moment he messes up.

I don't think we traded 3 1st's for a 1st year backup either. The offense will be simplified. Jimmy actually looked better in the more simple offense in '17 than he did in '19. I think we'll be fine with any rookie we draft.

Since we have all our picks this year, I hope we can trade Jimmy to NE or CHI for a future 1st in 2022. 

Edited by 49ersfan