49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

One thing is for certain: Some of us are going to be very pissed off after pick 3 is made....some of us will be very happy! And then there will be those who are 'meh' but trust in Shanny. 

Just give me Lance, Fields or Wilson at 3 lol it's all I want. 

45 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Considering some have compared Mac to Brady, I don't see how he WOULDN'T elevate the offense. 

Guess I haven't seen those comparisons. I have seen the Cousins and sometimes Ryan comparison which would be an upgrade if he gets to those levels. 

IMO no one should be comparing Jones to the greatest QB of all time... If he's the next Brady, why isn't he going #1?

I'm not against the niners taking Jones BTW. If that's Shanny's guy, get him. 

Edited by XScutterX
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

See, I don't know about that. It sounds like the Eagles wanted Wilson and was trying to get to #3 for him but bailed because of the price tag, which is when we swooped in. Why would they try to get to 3 if he was never going to be available there? 

This information means that everyone knows wilson will be going #2. Eagles couldnt get up to #2, so they traded out rather than trading up. 

We will have our pick of lance and fields. 

ALSO - Good thing to note, the third we traded is Saleh comp pick from NEXT season. So not even our real third. Thats pretty good

35 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

One thing is for certain: Some of us are going to be very pissed off after pick 3 is made....some of us will be very happy! And then there will be those who are 'meh' but trust in Shanny. 

So the usual...lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Does anyone besides me, have a feeling Jimmy is going to play great this year?

Well if that's a byproduct of this move, that's icing on the cake. I've said for awhile now they needed to add to the QB room and make him feel a little uneasy. Having guys like Mullens & Beathard only entrenched Jimmy more as the QB1. Having a top rookie QB breathing down his neck should absolutely light a fire under dat *** and I'm here for it.

• Like 3

I think it's hyperbolic to say that anyone should be fired the day after a draft, but if we're 2 years out from this trade and we haven't become a routine-dominant force, seats SHOULD be very hot. If we straight up suck, clean house. Everyone. This is 100% a make it or break it pick for me (Note, i'm not saying the trade is). But this MUST YIELD CONSSITENT WINNING RESULTS. Whatever QB we take we are going to give a chance, but they gotta play up to that pick. They have to be available they have to be clutch and they have to be at a baseline level, Matt Ryan.

No excuses. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Yeah giving up these firsts for a QB that busts would be a pretty hard pill to swallow. But I have to applaud our FO for taking the shot. Honestly I was not expecting that at all, I had to double take my phone when the notif popped up lol. 

I am super stoked we have a FO with balls this big. But if they mess this up it's setting us back almost a decade. They CANNOT mess this up. Getting a QB in the Kirk Cousins range is a HARD eff-up in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XScutterX said:

Guess I haven't seen those comparisons. I have seen the Cousins and sometimes Ryan comparison which would be an upgrade if he gets to those levels. 

IMO no one should be comparing Jones to the greatest QB of all time... If he's the next Brady, why isn't he going #1?

I'm not against the niners taking Jones BTW. If that's Shanny's guy, get him. 

Yeah, Brady is such a tremendous outlier, you can't comp anyone to him.

I can't see us trading 3 1sts and a 3rd for a redshirt QB. I can't also see us hoarding $25 mil in cap space we could carry over. Thats money for Bosa & Warner

I do think Jimmy will be traded. If the Pats can't trade up, than there you go 

I also think its telling that Shanny's best friend thinks we'll draft Jones. Since Jones isn't going 1 or 2, there's no need to smokescreen on the pick. They did a good job of smoke screening for the last 3 months already

Edited by 49ersfan