49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I bet they prefer Lance and I've stuck with that from the beginning. People were saying Mac Jones would be the guy Shanny wants but I didn't buy that. He was going to adjust his thinking a bit to see the way the NFL is going.

They are taking Lance and will sit Jimmy a year. No real need to get rid of Jimmy this season. Let him start, sit Lance and then move Jimmy after the season. 

This is what is going to happen. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Interesting that you look at this as Lance. I took this as a move to get wilson.

Lance has a lot of risk to trade 2 future firsts for. I do like him a lot, but he has more risk for him than there would be with wilson 

How is Wilson getting passed the Jets?

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not saying he will but IF they believed Darnold is still a talented QB that hasn't had enough around him to thrive & showcase said talent, the thinking could be to focus on putting better talent around him. Sewell & Becton as bookends isn't a bad place to start. Wouldn't shock me to see Pitts go that high. Or maybe they go WR...just playing devil's advocate here.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Not saying he will but IF they believed Darnold is still a talented QB that hasn't had enough around him to thrive & showcase said talent, the thinking could be to focus on putting better talent around him. Sewell & Becton as bookends isn't a bad place to start. Or maybe they go WR...just playing devil's advocate here.

It’s possible I suppose... but Wilson is a damn good talent, and there’s just no way a competent GM will pass on Wilson for a Final chance year of Sam Darnold Football. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

By them selecting another player? 

Let's not act like it's set in stone. The Jets can always change their minds. They don't have to take Wilson at #2

1 minute ago, N4L said:

By them selecting another player? 

Let's not act like it's set in stone. The Jets can always change their minds. They don't have to take Wilson at #2

Anything’s possible, but I think the Jets have Wilson penciled in at #2 and won’t budge. Otherwise you would of saw the Eagles and 49ers trade to Pick 2. 

And as I said in my previous post, Wilson is just too good to pass up, especially in a make or break year for Sam Darnold. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s possible I suppose... but Wilson is a damn good talent, and there’s just no way a competent GM will pass on Wilson for a Final chance year of Sam Darnold Football. 

I definitely think that's the way it's trending. But stranger things have happened. And who's to say which QB they like@#2? Not like we haven't seen jaw-dropping surprise picks@the top of the draft before. I seriously doubt they would like Fields over Wilson but I take nothing for granted when it come to the draft.

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean there will ALWAYS be a contingent of fans disappointed that we went in a direction most didn't see coming. But laughingstock implies a totally different narrative that wasn't accurate imo...

If I am not mistaken, you yourself were pretty upset that the cowboys got ceedee and that we took kinlaw. Or am I thinking of someone else? 

I think that is what @TecmoSuperJoe is saying. There were a lot of people who thought we were dumb for passing on a WR @13. That obviously ended up working out, but kinlaw was not universally loved by our fanbase when the pick was made. 

A lot of people wanted wirfs as well, but then we got Trent Williams. But again, at the time, there were a lot of people who were not happy with kinlaw. 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

If I am not mistaken, you yourself were pretty upset that the cowboys got ceedee and that we took kinlaw. Or am I thinking of someone else? 

I think that is what @TecmoSuperJoe is saying. There were a lot of people who thought we were dumb for passing on a WR @13. That obviously ended up working out, but kinlaw was not universally loved by our fanbase when the pick was made. 

A lot of people wanted wirfs as well, but then we got Trent Williams. But again, at the time, there were a lot of people who were not happy with kinlaw. 

Nope...I was good with Kinlaw. I understood the rationale behind it, especially with us having another first.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/27509-niners-select-javon-kinlaw-dt-at-14/?do=findComment&comment=2820684

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I'm still not happy with kinlaw, and even after the trade for Williams I still took wirfs lol.

I think kinlaw will be okay. He was better than I thought, so that is promising. I'll be happy to admit I was wrong if he proves it

• Like 1