49ers Acquire the 3rd Overall Pick and Breaks the Internet.

baltimoreRebel

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

I agree with you. I'd also suggest that your fate is tied to the moves you don't make. We didn't draft Mahomes when we had a chance. We didn't sign Brady when we had a chance. I think they're sick of seeing QB's they've passed up on win a ring. 

6 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

I just don’t know how big of an upgrade Jones would be over Jimmy 

Big...but it's all in cost efficiency. If he's just Jimmy, the fact that he's so much cheaper is a huge boon to the team. But I dont' think you make this move for improved cost efficiency. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan/Lynch duo's fate will be decided with this pick. If they bomb on this QB, that would be two epic misses drafting at #3. Eventually that catches up to you.

We all know Shanahan was the one behind this trade since it involves an offensive player and we know he can't help himself...But lawd he better hope he hits on this pick. Mac Jones is pretty much a lock to be at least a solid/good QB and one that will be ready from day one. That type of thinking gives credence to Simms thinking it will be Jones.

Absolutely 

14 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

I just don’t know how big of an upgrade Jones would be over Jimmy 

I don't think you trade 12, 2 future 1sts, and a 3rd for Jones. I can understand why a lot of people would think that based on the QBs Shanny has worked with though. But this move is made to get the BEST  QB prospect that they can get. I'm not sure how much Mac Jones elevates the offense to a new level.

Anyone remember the changes that Shanny added at the end of the season this year when Beathard started? He was calling more QB designed runs. My initial thoughts were of Trey Lance. What it really told me is that Shanny will adjust to the skill set of the QB. 

This move screams Jimmy starting with Lance/Fields sitting - the long shot of Wilson.

Edited by XScutterX
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I really have a difficult time believing Lance would go in the top 5. I think it was 17 games he has actually started? 19? Yikes. I don't believe it. 

I could see us taking Fields, if Wilson is gone and they don't like Mac enough. But Lance? Just doesn't jive to me. 

I think Lance will be on the Broncos.

For the record, I don't think it will be Mac Jones. I was just making a case for why he may be the guy at #3. 

But it's time to go big or go home. None of this safe crap. Need to swing for the fences here and hope the QB is a complete game changer. 

We don't have many holes on the team and a lot of picks, even though not many are high. I think we trade quite a few times to get some future picks. Load up on next year's draft class since we won't have a first rounder. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I believe Benjamin Albright said a few weeks ago that whoever wanted Lance would have to trade up to 3....

He's been linking Lance to the Falcons all along. The Niners discussed with the Falcons and Bengals on this trade but ended up just going up to #3. Kind of tells you they didn't want to risk losing a particular QB. If Lance really was the Falcons guy, then this makes a lot of sense.

Curious to see how the Falcons pivot now? 

28 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

I don't think you trade 12, 2 future 1sts, and a 3rd for Jones. I can understand why a lot of people would think that based on the QBs Shanny has worked with though. But this move is made to get the BEST  QB prospect that they can get. I'm not sure how much Mac Jones elevates the offense to a new level.

Anyone remember the changes that Shanny added at the end of the season this year when Beathard started? He was calling more QB designed runs. My initial thoughts were of Trey Lance. What it really told me is that Shanny will adjust to the skill set of the QB. 

This move screams Jimmy starting with Lance/Fields sitting - the long shot of Wilson.

Considering some have compared Mac to Brady, I don't see how he WOULDN'T elevate the offense. 

28 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I think Lance will be on the Broncos.

I'm saying Fields to the Broncos. I love that fit. I think Lance isn't ready to start, but Fields could be and may be an improvement over Lock already. After the free agency they had, that team is ready to win. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm saying Fields to the Broncos. I love that fit. I think Lance isn't ready to start, but Fields could be and may be an improvement over Lock already. After the free agency they had, that team is ready to win. 

Funny...this is why I have believed for awhile that Mac made perfect sense for them. He's everything Lock isn't, which is a good thing.

• Like 1