3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

11 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

If we draft Mac Jones and keep Jimmy for the year..does Jimmy give up his number? Lol 

Question is do we root for Jimmy to go crazy this year 😂. Screw it I hope that happens. If we draft Mac. Facebook niner fans will be rooting for Jimmy lol. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Plot twist:

Niners are the ones leaking all this to prepare niner fans for the Mac selection. 

2 million IQ play by shanny and Lynch

I had the same thought, unfortunately. 

The Texans did it when everyone thought they were going to draft Reggie bush 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't help it. I'm here for the insanity. I'm two seconds away from actively rooting for Mccorkle

The insanity you should root for is an insanely talented QB playing for an insanely talented coach with insane weapons around him LOL 

Did I mention that I am going insane? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I really can't handle another 4 weeks of this

I went from super excited to super nervous. I'm just mentally preparing myself for Mac at this point 

The important thing is to remember is that Mac isn't awful. I've been lukewarm on him all year, even at 12 I wasn't sold. But he's not terrible. I liken him to carr, I heard a pennington comp that I don't hate. 

Because we expect so much bigger than Mac, the reaction is to over compensate and think that Mac flat out sucks and it's a little unfair. No one will ever convince me that he's the best choice here, or that he's the best qb available or he was worth those assets (until he proves be wrong) but he doesn't suck. The pairing will be moderately successful short term. He's a fringe first for me that gets pushed up the board to the middle of the round, but obviously top five is way too high

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Matt Barrows made an interesting point in one of his recent articles. A lot of people think Shanny's prototypical QB is Kirk Cousins. But its actually John Elway - smart, mobile, strong arm. 

I think this move isn't about finding his Kirk Cousins, but finding his John Elway. And of the 3, i think Lance fits the profile the most. 

I like this. Of course, he also said this lol:

As I wrote earlier in the week, my sense is that the “third” quarterback who prompted the 49ers to pull the trigger on their trade is Alabama’s Mac Jones.

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like this. Of course, he also said this lol:

As I wrote earlier in the week, my sense is that the “third” quarterback who prompted the 49ers to pull the trigger on their trade is Alabama’s Mac Jones.

Saw that too (i finally got an athletic subscription)

I'm not really sure what to make of that lol. 

I mean, i can handle Maiocco & Mike Lombardi etc saying they're hearing its Jones. Lombardi is a blowhard & Maiocco whiffed hard insisting we didn't want a rookie, Jimmy was our guy, etc. 

But you add Schefter, Barrows, Jeremiah, Dan Patrick etc joining the chorus....i'm starting to believe its real and we want Jones. 

Maybe its a perfect fit & he becomes 2016 Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees type and eventually makes it worth it. If we take him, thats all you can hope for. But its a big projection & we're gona be the laughing stock of the league if & until he meets the sky high expectations

I'm also starting to think we don't like Fields. We avoided Lance's pro day because we didn't want to tip our hand, i get it. But to go to Jones pro day over Fields...Albright saying the media is higher than most teams on Fields...Schefter saying we're "intrigued" by Fields (IMO, that means we like his tools but not the complete package)...i think we're down on him. 

I'm starting to lean 60/40 for Jones/Lance...

Edited by 49ersfan

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Saw that too (i finally got an athletic subscription)

I'm not really sure what to make of that lol. 

I mean, i can handle Maiocco & Mike Lombardi etc saying they're hearing its Jones. Lombardi is a blowhard & Maiocco whiffed hard insisting we didn't want a rookie, Jimmy was our guy, etc. 

But you add Schefter, Barrows, Jeremiah, Dan Patrick etc joining the chorus....i'm starting to believe its real and we want Jones. 

I mean, maybe its a perfect fit & he becomes 2016 Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees type and eventually makes it worth it. If we take him, thats all you can hope for. But its a big projection & we're gona be the laughing stock of the league if & until he meets the sky high expectations

Also, I'm also starting to think we don't like Fields. I mean, we avoided Lance's pro day because we didn't want to tip our hand, i get it. But to go to Jones pro day over Fields...Albright saying the media is higher than most teams on Fields...Schefter saying we're "intrigued" by Fields (IMO, that means we like his tools but not the complete package)...i think we're down on him. 

I'm starting to lean 60/40 for Jones/Lance...

I'm not sure when it will happen, but at some point I will assume he's the pick I think. It's a lot of people, and it's a lot of plugged in people. If nothing changes in a couple of weeks, that will probably be it.

Shanny wants his guys. Nothing else really matters, so I won't be shocked by it. That's why I haven't been one of those guys on Twitter saying that there's no chance it's Mac. I do not know how those guys think there's zero chance 😂. It's like, do you know who our coach is? It doesn't really matter that none of it makes sense. Just has to make sense to Kyle. That's why I would never remove him from possibly being the choice

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Question is do we root for Jimmy to go crazy this year 😂. Screw it I hope that happens. If we draft Mac. Facebook niner fans will be rooting for Jimmy lol. 

Shouldn't fans be rooting for Jimmy to go big regardless who is drafted?

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Matt Barrows made an interesting point in one of his recent articles. A lot of people think Shanny's prototypical QB is Kirk Cousins. But its actually John Elway - smart, mobile, strong arm. 

I think this move isn't about finding his Kirk Cousins, but finding his John Elway. And of the 3, i think Lance fits the profile the most. 

Sadly, a prospect like John Elway (I have him as the best prospect ever) comes along once very 20 years or so, and they are the first overall pick anyway. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Why is there any talk of smokescreens? Like are the Jags and Jets are so impressed by Shanny's offensive IQ that they both draft Jones and we snag Lawrence? Lawrence goes one. You can not sacrifice that much draft capital to "hope" with smokescreens and parlor tricks that your guy is there at three. We either know the Jet's plan or are perfectly happy with two other QB's. Nothing else logically resonates.

• Like 1