2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

8 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

You don't think Nick Williams, Mario Edwards and Nichols all being more successful pass rushers shows anything?  

Yeah, I do. Goldman isn't a great pass rusher. But he doesn't have to be. He just has to be a 3-4 NT, that "power pig" that everything is built around. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, I do. Goldman isn't a great pass rusher. But he doesn't have to be. He just has to be a 3-4 NT, that "power pig" that everything is built around. 

We rarely run a 3-4 and when we are in base we aren't very good.  But again, why do you feel Goldman has proven he's clearly more important?

FYI Hicks is our nickel 1 tech and Goldman plays the 3.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Coming from Chris Simms who is buddies with Shanahan.   He claims no inside knowledge though.

Just going off how he thinks Shanahan thinks.  

I know 49ers forum does not want Jones.  

I think a lot of subconscious bias against Jones, including me, because he doesn’t even look like he works out.

He looks like a normal Joe.  I also have bias because he played with every advantage.  

Maybe I should take a close look at him.  

No, it's coming from Daniel Jeremiah and Ben Allbright

40 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Donte Smith is a bust.  This kid might be good. But there in no way he’s going to stay healthy.  Just too dang skinny

https://ecupirates.com/sports/football/roster/d-ante-smith/10872

Yeah he won't be able to play at 275 in the pros but he does a lot of other things very well. I'd take him in round 2 and definitely in round 3

Edited by beardown3231

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, it's coming from Daniel Jeremiah and Ben Allbright

It can't be both?  Maybe they got it from Simms.

LOL.  Simms and Shanahan used to be roommates and still talk all the time.   They are really close current friends by both accounts.

5 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

We rarely run a 3-4 and when we are in base we aren't very good.  But again, why do you feel Goldman has proven he's clearly more important?

We'll likely have a defense with Goldman and without Hicks this upcoming season. We'll see how it goes.