Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

13 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Well then there is nothing for the ump to call for it to be "never called"

Edit: That sounded snarkier than I meant it, sorry

No worries, and you're absolutely right.  It's not the ump that gets that one wrong.  The blame falls mostly on the opposition for not challenging that play, much like the aforementioned "area" plays at 2B.  They weren't contested by opposition until replay came around. Sorry if my first post made it sound like I was pinning the blame on the umps.  They do a terrible enough job elsewhere for me to pile it on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

a goal? And what would the goal be made of? How would the goal be adjusted to the correct strike zone for each individual batter?

Sure, if you want to call it a goal. Make it metal, I guess. If it gets dented too much, just replace it.  Adjusted for each batter, that's silly because zones aren't adjusted now.

You know, I'm not really serious right?

17 hours ago, mse326 said:

Just saw the Yelich play. It was the right call. Any movement toward second with intent to go is enough. Doesn't have to be a lot, just like a balk doesn't have to be a lot. That little shrug was enough. It sucks, but it was right.

Can't comment on the strike zone as I didn't see that, but in general umps suck at it so it isn't surprising.

I agree about Yeli. His flinch to second gave intent. It does suck but it's the right call. When I umpired, it was the same thing. Usually, nobody ever questioned it because it was whatever. Only time it's called is if the fielding team would throw a fit.

I think we should all celebrate Jose Altuve today. Improving oneself and overcoming fears is something we should all aspire to. And while being "too shy" may sound small it can indeed have consequences in one's social life. His ability to overcome it should be an inspiration to us all.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think we should all celebrate Jose Altuve today. Improving oneself and overcoming fears is something we should all aspire too. And while being "too shy" may sound small it can indeed have consequences in ones social life. His ability to overcome it should be an inspiration to us all.

Please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke. 

First time I’m gonna watch the Homerun Derby in at least four years or so. Seems they’ve really hyped up the event this year. 

In my bracket, I have Alonso over Gallo in the Finals. However, I’d rather see Ohtani vs Olson with Olson winning. 

First time I’m gonna watch the Homerun Derby in at least four years or so. Seems they’ve really hyped up the event this year. 

In my bracket, I have Alonso over Gallo in the Finals. However, I’d rather see Ohtani vs Olson with Olson winning. 

21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

we know the mariners are..😆

Zing. Rather be a joke because we aren’t good than be a joke because we’re big ole cheaters. 👍

Btw I love a Texans fan calling one of my teams a joke. Really puts things in perspective. 😘

Edited by Mesa_Titan

15 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Zing. Rather be a joke because we aren’t good than be a joke because we’re big ole cheaters. 👍

Btw I love a Texans fan calling one of my teams a joke. Really puts things in perspective. 😘

yeah because the texans are astros play the same sport.