Assault Charges to Be Filed Against Aaron Donald

BobbyPhil1781

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

AD's version of events is that the dude tried to start a fight in the party, got tossed, and then tried to hit him (AD) in the head with a bottle outside when they left the party. AD's boys beat him down. And AD broke up the fight before they did serious damage. The video seems to prove the latter point.

Open and shut caseĀ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

AD should counter-sue him for defamation of character. I'm glad to see this video surfaced. I've always like Aaron Donald.

Also not in his character. The only way I could see something like that is if the guy tries to change the target to any of his family or friends who were there he'd sue to counter any money the guy wins. There are clearly people who went too far but I just can't see AD doing this. Most of the people at this party were supposedly his friends and/or family.Ā 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

For helping someone not get their head caved in? I normally think Goodell if a J-Off so this would certainly fall in line with that notion.

I think the reasoning will be along the lines of "Well he put himself into this situation." I don't think it's a good call, but I could see a suspension happening.Ā 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the reasoning will be along the lines of "Well he put himself into this situation." I don't think it's a good call, but I could see a suspension happening.Ā 

I'm pretty sure "putting yourself in a situation" is not in the CBA as a suspendable offense and I don't think there is a precedent for what you just described. I'd love to see an example though of someone de-escalating a situation receiving a suspension.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm pretty sure "putting yourself in a situation" is not in the CBA as a suspendable offense and I don't think there is a precedent for what you just described. I'd love to see an example though of someone de-escalating a situation receiving a suspension.

Nothing is in the CBA, Goodell has Carte Blanche under "Good for the Brand"

• Like 1

Glad Donald is looking to be cleared of this and that he didn't get involved. Other guy definitely saw dollar signs, didn't get what he wanted, but still tried to pretend it was AD who did it. Next comes the "it was the commotion and I couldn't tell if it was him or not" defense where he proceeds to try to take his foot out of his mouth.