Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

TDN had an their guys do their final, predictive mock drafts. 

5 Lance, 1 fields, 0 Mac

That's how crazy the idea of Mac is. All the data and talk points there, and still none of them think it's going to happen lol (should be noted these are not insiders, but evaluators)

I'm not convinced the insiders actually know anything about this pick. This is the day before the 2018 draft

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/23276976/2018-nfl-draft-preview-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-answer-final-questions-prospects-rankings-mock-draft-picks

Does Browns GM John Dorsey know who he's picking at No. 1?

Kiper: Yes. Dorsey has been tight-lipped, but he knows. It's going to be a quarterback, and he has met with each of the top guys. Is it Wyoming's Josh Allen or USC's Sam Darnold? I'm not buying the smokescreen with Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. We'll find out with the rest of the world on Thursday night.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

@N4L giants are in first. I think we are good

The return of buster posey! 

I compared Bosa to buster. ROYs who lead their teams to the championship in year 1. Injured year 2. MVP year three?

Keep stacking those Ws baby! 

Fields is a baseball player. This is clearly a sign! LOL  

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

Ted Nguyen did a mock draft where the Jets took fields. He had some interesting things to say about Wilson

"Justin Fields is my second-rated quarterback, and I believe there is a gap between him and Zach Wilson. Though Fields commonly gets knocked for issues getting through his progressions, Wilson has plenty of processing errors that show up on film. More often than not, Wilson can turn plays in which he had a questionable process into positive plays because of his ability to play off-script, the dominance of his offensive line, and inferior competition. Wilson still gets a top-10 grade for me, but Fields is the superior prospect and deserves to be drafted second." 

He has us taking Lance and says: 

"Wilson is my third-ranked quarterback, but as the acting general manager of the 49ers, I have to take into account what my head coach wants. Wilson thrives playing off-script. Shanahan wants a quarterback who can play within his system, which is why he is reportedly set on picking Mac Jones. In this mock draft, I outrank him and also have to protect him from himself. Yes, Jones might be the safer choice, but I believe in my coach’s ability to develop quarterbacks and want to take the guy who is a scheme fit and has higher upside" 

LOL 

He has Wilson falling to #8 where the pats trade up. Says that he thinks Wilson needs to sit for a year. I'm starting to worry that fields goes #2. Lol damn. Thankfully this will be over soon 

• Like 1

Can't believe we are using 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round  pick on Mac Jones.  I don't think he is even in my top 20 prospects in this draft. 

Think if the pick is Jones my time as a 49er fan is at an end after 30+ years.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Can't believe we are using 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round  pick on Mac Jones.  I don't think he is even in my top 20 prospects in this draft. 

Think if the pick is Jones my time as a 49er fan is at an end after 30+ years.

Once the Mac Jones pick is announced I'm not even going to watch the rest of the draft.  It's just too depressing trading away two first round picks for a low ceiling Kirk Cousins caliber prospect.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

TDN had an their guys do their final, predictive mock drafts. 

5 Lance, 1 fields, 0 Mac

That's how crazy the idea of Mac is. All the data and talk points there, and still none of them think it's going to happen lol (should be noted these are not insiders, but evaluators)

Normal circumstances it would make total sense. But we have the 1 guy who is arrogant enough to take the inferior QB prospect and laugh at all of us.

I'm usually either super pumped after we draft someone I like...or meh on a guy I didn't want us to take. Either way I get over it and fall back in line with the team and let it play out. Rarely do I hate our pick. Actually I know the last time I was pissed and just bummed out. Let's just say if the pick is Mac it will feel very similar to me.

Lance would be my normal meh...then I get on board pretty quick with the pick afterwards. Fields obviously is me clear favorite choice. 

Have to work today but I'll jump in and out to see what the hot gossip is. These pages will go fast once everyone wakes up. Draft day is here!