The Car Thread

Dome

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A cousin has been hunting a 91 S10 with the 4.3. (Same his dad had 30 years ago) You mention vehicles to him. And that 4.3 will be brought up somehow. He adores that motor.

Your 52 flatbed sounds interesting. I checked out a Ford COE Box a couple weeks ago in front a bread plant/factory. $7500. I could write it off as a business expense. But my shop was built in the 40s, with 10 foot ceiling and 7 foot doors. lol

cMtQktM.jpg

Whats your plans for her? Im going to guess a dump bed is in store.

Love those old cab overs, would love to get one some day. 

It's nothing but a cool old truck, only plan is to drive it. I had a few ideas since i bought it but never acted on any of them, now with the 57 around its really not going to happen. I didnt even want to put this small block in it honestly, just doing it since the inline 6 spun a bearing and im not just going to let the thing sit. I actually agreed to sell it to my step mom last year but she hasnt paid me for it. Probably wont be willing to sell it now. At least not with the engine that i built for it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Getting a new SUV, wife and I are between the Toyota Rav4, Kia Sportage (2023), and Hyundai Tucson. All hybrids, any one have any input? Rav4 is going to be a longer wait overall.

Have you considered any other options that aren't extremely lame?  It'd make it easier to decide, if it mattered in any way which of the things you chose.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 8:51 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Getting a new SUV, wife and I are between the Toyota Rav4, Kia Sportage (2023), and Hyundai Tucson. All hybrids, any one have any input? Rav4 is going to be a longer wait overall.

My mom just got a Jeep Cherokee.. its freaking huge but still such a nice drive. Going to borrow it this week for a 10 hour drive up to Iowa

On 6/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, Tugboat said:

Have you considered any other options that aren't extremely lame?  It'd make it easier to decide, if it mattered in any way which of the things you chose.

No. I’m sorry I couldn’t afford a Cayenne.

We got the 2023 Sportage yesterday and I love it.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 11:23 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

No. I’m sorry I couldn’t afford a Cayenne.

We got the 2023 Sportage yesterday and I love it.

I saw this post and went to look at them and they did nice things w/ the '23 model! Might have to consider this whenever I decide I won't cry cutting that large of a check..... which will probably be never.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

On 6/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Well I lost my helicopter license so what do you want from me

I would like you to go bombing through an actual swamp in the bayou or wherever is most convenient to your location in your Sportage, belting out the sunroof enthusiastically, "Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome to theeee swamp!!!!".  To illustrate that crossover Transverse Front Wheel Drive (pseudo-AWD) car-based CUVs are extremely capable and useful vehicles with a purpose that isn't entirely lame and unnecessary.  And definitely not an extensive continuous barrage of goofy *** marketing campaigns for a slightly tall hatchback/station wagon.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I saw this post and went to look at them and they did nice things w/ the '23 model! Might have to consider this whenever I decide I won't cry cutting that large of a check..... which will probably be never.

We got the EX. Dashboard is super nice. Lot of things going on. My wife wants another.

• Like 1

I think I may have mentioned it earlier but I have a 2017 ram 2500 with the 6.4 gas engine 4.10 gears. Anyways the transmission went out and unlike the Cummins it didn't have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. So after having it sit for nearly 2 months at the dealership I finally had it towed to a reputable shop and got it rebuilt for a little over 7k versus 9k for a rebuilt at the dealer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billking said:

I think I may have mentioned it earlier but I have a 2017 ram 2500 with the 6.4 gas engine 4.10 gears. Anyways the transmission went out and unlike the Cummins it didn't have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. So after having it sit for nearly 2 months at the dealership I finally had it towed to a reputable shop and got it rebuilt for a little over 7k versus 9k for a rebuilt at the dealer.

Ouch. Had no clue it cost that much for a tran rebuild now. Id of guessed no more than 4500-5.