Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This discussion man

Well that's what happens when a player turns on the organization.  Rodgers could have squashed a lot of this by simply stating his goal is to retire a Packer after the news broke. Instead we hear he doesn't want to ever play for the Packers again, he wants the GM fired, he wants more say in personnel, he wants Love traded, wants a new contract on and on and on.  We still don't know what his actual beef is. 

I personally would have been much more neutral if this all didn't come out on the day of the draft.  Leads me to believe it was an orchestrated attempt by his agent to force a trade. Really dirty and inflicted maximum humilation on Packer nation. He's in the doghouse.  The team always comes first don't care who the player is.

Remember when the Packer stood by Rodgers when the Farve saga was going down.  Rodgers said it would not be forgotten.  Well apparently he forgot.  Dude needs to check his ego.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  It's built around the run game.  We have the line and we have the receivers.  

If he has to play this year, he will need MLF in his ear like McVay did with Goff.  And he will win games.  It'll look different than Rodgers.  We should run more and check out to passes less.  But it would work to win games.

Love's feet and that cannon arm will show themselves big time once he has some starts under his belt.

That's what I think.  But, I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy today.

It's just not a complicated offense, and we have HORSES to make it succeed where it counts.

Defensively, we need to step up, but we have the talent on that side to do it.

Love doesnt have to be Aaron Rodgers in this offense,  he can be Ryan Tannehill and do just fine.   Tannehill is a much easier target, and Love wont start off that high but its very attainable in time. 

When MLF got here his offense was designed to take much of the pressure off Rodgers (remember that?)   Rodgers took it to a MVP another level, but you can still be successful with a good (not great) QB at the helm in this offense.    

Edited by NFLGURU

Ol Rodg granting his first public interview on Monday might be doing it just to slap his buddy Kenny at ESPN on the back, but there also may be some purpose to it.  I would bet he wants to slip something out there.  Like they are close to a new deal, or he will be at mini-camp, or he will not be back.  It may not be that definitive but I believe we will learn something...

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

From your couch, not as one of the greatest athletes in the world today. You're speaking as a common citizen, you're not a public figure, therefore you can't take your mind to that level. Just kind of ignorant to put yourself in his shoes and expect to be taken seriously IMO.

And this is from someone very clearly in the Packers court, but I can't say I wouldn't do the exact same thing Aaron Rodgers is doing if I was in his shoes.

I don't get you last sentence.  Why would you think Aaron is justified by pulling this crap?  If I was in Aaron's shoes I'd be pretty damn happy.  The Packers just committed a ton of cash and pushed out as much as they could to keep the team together for another run. OK so they took a QB in the first round last year.  I'm MVP of the fricken league is that really that much of a threat?  I'd just work hard and play so well they wouldn't entertain moving on. Thought this guy was a competitor.  Is he really afraid of Love taking his job?  If he had just shut up and continued to do what he does he'd probably would have retired as a Packer.  If that is his goal.  Is that his goal?  What is his goal here?  I still don't know.  The Packers have done nothing wrong in all of this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sorry, dad. I'll be sure to sign all of my posts with the disclaimer "This post was made using my opinions and is based on my life experience."

I'd hate for readers to think otherwise.

Well then you aren't thinking as Aaron Rodgers if they're your life experiences right? You are thinking as you.

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Ol Rodg granting his first public interview on Monday might be doing it just to slap his buddy Kenny at ESPN on the back, but there also may be some purpose to it.  I would bet he wants to slip something out there.  Like they are close to a new deal, or he will be at mini-camp, or he will not be back.  It may not be that definitive but I believe we will learn something...

He won't say squat.  Maybe something cryptic to keep us all guessing.  After all it's just a beautiful mystery.  It will end up just infuriating me more.  Bet you *** I'll be watching.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Well then you aren't thinking as Aaron Rodgers if they're your life experiences right? You are thinking as you.

Perhaps you should have feigned your outrage with the person I quoted who first brought up "thinking like Rodgers".

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I don't get you last sentence.  Why would you think Aaron is justified by pulling this crap?  If I was in Aaron's shoes I'd be pretty damn happy.  The Packers just committed a ton of cash and pushed out as much as they could to keep the team together for another run. OK so they took a QB in the first round last year.  I'm MVP of the fricken league is that really that much of a threat?  I'd just work hard and play so well they wouldn't entertain moving on. Thought this guy was a competitor.  Is he really afraid of Love taking his job?  If he had just shut up and continued to do what he does he'd probably would have retired as a Packer.  If that is his goal.  Is that his goal?  What is his goal here?  I still don't know.  The Packers have done nothing wrong in all of this.

He's at the end of his career, and just had a top 5 season for a QB....in the entire history of the league. Strike while the irons hot baby. You want me back? Prove it. 

If Rodgers just reports, comes out this year and plays similar to 2018 and 2019, he's out and Love is in, it's his one chance to write the end of his career as he sees fit and not the Packers.

As a Packers fan, I want the organization to do what's best for itself. However using rational thought, if I was Rodgers, this is a pretty smart play by him, as long as it works.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

As a Packers fan, I want the organization to do what's best for itself. However using rational thought, if I was Rodgers, this is a pretty smart play by him, as long as it works.

Yes, I don't think anyone disagrees that acting like this was perhaps the best route for Aaron to get what he wants.

But one doesn't need to be an elite athlete to identify that, although the execution of his plan is rational, the motivation behind it is selfish.

if I was Rodgers, this is a pretty smart play by him, as long as it works. "

Depends what your definition of "works" is.  If for Rodgers that is getting more money yet but also guaranteed long term he can only get that if the team cedes that power to him.  Which would be desperation on their part and foolish.  But if that happens yes, you could say it worked.  The Packers have to make sure that doesn't work.

That's why the Packers need to stay strong.  More money is one thing, but a bad long term guarantee is another.

If Rodg wants a trade but is forced to retire, is that a win for him?  The Packers need to be willing to accept that.  I don't believe Rodg would see that as a win.  He wants to play, and he doesn't want to write a check to the Packers with a bunch of zero's in it.

The team needs to win here.  A new contract given to him on their terms.  Retire and shut up.  Trade him if he won't sign a reasonable contract only for a treasure trove.  Those are the 3 choices Rodg needs to be given.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's at the end of his career, and just had a top 5 season for a QB....in the entire history of the league. Strike while the irons hot baby. You want me back? Prove it. 

If Rodgers just reports, comes out this year and plays similar to 2018 and 2019, he's out and Love is in, it's his one chance to write the end of his career as he sees fit and not the Packers.

OK well they have flown out to Cali to kiss his royal butt.  Have to disagree strongly it's not a smart play by Rodgers.  Trying to force a team to guarantee he'll remain the starter?  It won't and can't work.  No team would go for that. Only way he can remain the starter is maintain an excellent level of play.  Brady did exactly that when NE drafted Grappolo. Kept him on the bench. You are making an assumption that is what he wants.  Have you ever considered that maybe he doesn't want to work and live in Green Bay anymore?  Why would you go nuclear on draft day if you wanted to remain a Packer?  I am of the opinion he doesn't want to play for the Packers.  He wanted to play for SF or Den.  He's be closer to his fiance and try to win a Superbowl with a different team like Brady did.  None of us really know what he truly wants.  But the fact that he has remained silent is what leads me to believe this. 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, I don't think anyone disagrees that acting like this was perhaps the best route for Aaron to get what he wants.

But one doesn't need to be an elite athlete to identify that, although the execution of his plan is rational, the motivation behind it is selfish.

Doesn't that description also fit what the organization has done with the drafting of Love, rational in that they have an aging starter at QB and want to procure a younger cheaper replacement, selfish in that it necessitates prematurely breaking another players contract for the team to reap the rewards of that younger cheaper player?

The extreme polarization and emotional voltage on display here isn't rational and flows from an unwillingness to recognize the equivalences. There are two entities here, both acting in self-serving manners.    

53 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

But one doesn't need to be an elite athlete to identify that, although the execution of his plan is rational, the motivation behind it is selfish

Don't know why it quoted you but I can't delete it so enjoy your notification.

39 minutes ago, 15412 said:

if I was Rodgers, this is a pretty smart play by him, as long as it works. "

Depends what your definition of "works" is.  If for Rodgers that is getting more money yet but also guaranteed long term he can only get that if the team cedes that power to him.  Which would be desperation on their part and foolish.  But if that happens yes, you could say it worked.  The Packers have to make sure that doesn't work.

That's why the Packers need to stay strong.  More money is one thing, but a bad long term guarantee is another.

If Rodg wants a trade but is forced to retire, is that a win for him?  The Packers need to be willing to accept that.  I don't believe Rodg would see that as a win.  He wants to play, and he doesn't want to write a check to the Packers with a bunch of zero's in it.

The team needs to win here.  A new contract given to him on their terms.  Retire and shut up.  Trade him if he won't sign a reasonable contract only for a treasure trove.  Those are the 3 choices Rodg needs to be given.

I don't think Aaron cares about new money, he's got enough, he wants more years and added guarantees, obviously that has to come with new money, but I don't think money is the driving factor. If he gets that he essentially has written the end to his career with a Green Bay, that's a win.

37 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

OK well they have flown out to Cali to kiss his royal butt.  Have to disagree strongly it's not a smart play by Rodgers.  Trying to force a team to guarantee he'll remain the starter?  It won't and can't work.  No team would go for that. Only way he can remain the starter is maintain an excellent level of play.  Brady did exactly that when NE drafted Grappolo. Kept him on the bench. You are making an assumption that is what he wants.  Have you ever considered that maybe he doesn't want to work and live in Green Bay anymore?  Why would you go nuclear on draft day if you wanted to remain a Packer?  I am of the opinion he doesn't want to play for the Packers.  He wanted to play for SF or Den.  He's be closer to his fiance and try to win a Superbowl with a different team like Brady did.  None of us really know what he truly wants.  But the fact that he has remained silent is what leads me to believe this. 

You're pretty much agreeing with me it's a smart play without saying it. He played so well last year they were willing to fly to Cali to try and get him back, they aren't doing that if he has a similar season as the two years before. He's created artificial leverage, contractually he's under control so he doesn't have actual leverage, but he's played well enough that the team wants him to play QB, so he's got that leverage. That's why it's smart to do it now, how often is the MVP of the league traded or forced into retirement? That's a PR nightmare and he knows it. It's selfish, sure but take off the green and gold glasses and see that it's the smart move for him at this point in his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Sorry, dad. I'll be sure to sign all of my posts with the disclaimer "This post was made using my opinions and is based on my life experience."

I'd hate for readers to think otherwise.

You are too good of a poster to be this snippy.  This isn't the NFL General forum here.