Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Not sure its fixable.  Yes, they can say its all good, but there's always going to be that uncertainty and a bad feeling between the two sides.  Hell, they can't win it all with everybody on the same page, this doesn't help.

If the big 3 are going out to see Rodgers on different occassions, there are problems.  Even if Rodgers gets whatever he wants, there will be problems of trust or resentment no matter how much each side sugarcoats it.

Chances of Rodgers coming back 60/40

Chances of them winning a SB with all the uncertainty going forward:  5%

Edited by NFLGURU

20 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not sure its fixable.  Yes, they can say its all good, but there's always going to be that uncertainty and a bad feeling between the two sides.  Hell, they can't win it all with everybody on the same page, this doesn't help.

If the big 3 are going out to see Rodgers on different occassions, there are problems.  Even if Rodgers gets whatever he wants, there will be problems of trust or resentment no matter how much each side sugarcoats it.

LIfe is tough.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Dude you literally don’t know what Rodgers’ issues are.

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Dude you literally don’t know what Rodgers’ issues are.

This is true, but if Murphy is making trips out there it isn't because Rodgers wants Diet Coke in the vending machines.

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

we should be able to get at least 4

2 frp.

2nd and a 3rd also

who says no

Timing is everything. If relations sour to poisonous levels and other teams know it (which they will), then the offered price plummets. If things roll along without too much bitterness, the offer is likely more.

Also, every year that goes by drops the value quite a lot. Maybe not precipitously after one year, but pretty fast after that. Steve Young went at 38, Montana at 39, both (recent) Mannings were shot at 39. Roethlisberger is hanging on by his fingernails on a reduced contract for one final year (39). GMs will look at them as much, or more than, they will at Brees (retired at 42) or Brady (43).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

The more I think about this whole deal I want the Packers to just hold their ground at this point.  They apparently offered a restuctured deal which was rebuffed by Rodgers.  Not much more they should do at this point.  It's in Aaron's court to decide what he wants to do, and the Packers should go about their business like Aaron isn't going to be a part of the plans.  If Aaron comes in make him do on his current deal .. he had the chance to restructure and passed it by.  I am of the belief that there is no way Aaron sits out a season or retires .. not gonna happen.  

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

This is true, but if Murphy is making trips out there it isn't because Rodgers wants Diet Coke in the vending machines.

This is the crux of it, to me. They're flying out to try to appease him...they're practically begging in front of microphones...AR12 isn't showing up to offseason activities that he is normally always a part of. We may not specifically know what his issues with the team are, but we can pretty well guess that they involve his being guaranteed a Packer until he retires, or get shipped elsewhere. What is the alternative? What else could he possibly want? 

Well, tomorrow I think we'll have a lot more insight on this entire situation. I believe we get that insight whether or not Aaron Rodgers decides to speak on the matter on Kenny Mayne's final episode on ESPN tomorrow at 11est. Personally, I can't wait to hear or even not hear what he has to say. 

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Well, tomorrow I think we'll have a lot more insight on this entire situation. I believe we get that insight whether or not Aaron Rodgers decides to speak on the matter on Kenny Mayne's final episode on ESPN tomorrow at 11est. Personally, I can't wait to hear or even not hear what he has to say. 

What time is it airing?