Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Nor was I directly talking about you, but people (not you) seem to have comprehension problems when they read something....And instead of taking the high road, they make generalizations in an attempt to start an argument....Sad really, but hey that's the internet....

Sorry and nothing personal, not even taking sides. I understand what you were getting at, they were just adding context to why they are not likely able to do those kind of things anymore as easily in this age. There isn't a comprehension issue, they just pointed out why things aren't identical to that period. Not sure why that is such an issue.....

Sometimes conversations evolve man

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Sorry and nothing personal, not even taking sides. I understand what you were getting at, they were just adding context to why they are not likely able to do those kind of things anymore as easily in this age. There isn't a comprehension issue, they just pointed out why things aren't identical to that period. Not sure why that is such an issue.....

Sometimes conversations evolve man

Norm, It's not always a case of simple dialogue and the evolving of a thread....Some will willfully attempt to cover their tails by spewing false information....Guess it's safe to say, people do learn from their public officials....

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Norm, It's not always a case of simple dialogue and the evolving of a thread....Some will willfully attempt to cover their tails by spewing false information....Guess it's safe to say, people do learn from their public officials....

Sure but as far as I can tell, that is not the case here.

Obviously the idea that we NEVER had one was wrong. That's just a silly statement but then the conversation moved to where it was aligned a bit before that, with the idea that Rodgers didn't have enough help on the D side of the ball. Then we started talking about why it's harder than the pre cap days and some people talked about who we actually did bring in.

This wasn't some misinformation campaign and some quest for people to be right or anything. Just felt like a conversation that meandered a bit.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nah man, Gute started it with the 26th pick in in 2020. Rodgers is just taxing his *** for it. 

Nah Dude, Rodgers started by coasting for the 3 seasons before the 2020 draft. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, R T said:

Nah Dude, Rodgers started by coasting for the 3 seasons before the 2020 draft. 

For 2 of those years he had Big Mac as his playcaller, who by 2017 was probably one of the worst PCs in the league. The next year it was year 1 of MLFs new system. And even those were decent years for 12 lol.

As Rodgers eloquently put it, his "down" years are career years for 90% of the QBs in the league.

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For 2 of those years he had Big Mac as his playcaller, who by 2017 was probably one of the worst PCs in the league. The next year it was year 1 of MLFs new system. And even those were decent years for 12 lol.

As Rodgers eloquently put it, his "down" years are career years for 90% of the QBs in the league.

Are we really going to again pretend that was all on MM

I really can't wait until this man is finally gone and everyone stops tongue kissing his bung. Yes he's really good, he's not infallible. Not everything is his fault but some of it was.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Are we really going to again pretend that was all on MM

I really can't wait until this man is finally gone and everyone stops tongue kissing his bung. Yes he's really good, he's not infallible. Not everything is his fault but some of it was.

I think they clearly all deserve a share of the blame.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think they clearly all deserve a share of the blame.

That's what I'm saying. But somehow just saying well MM was here is magic and it means he did nothing wrong. I think it's pretty likely Rodgers did nothing to help that whole situation. 

The debate wont end because if AR leaves i don´t think he wins a SB, so there will be no easy definitive answer that the team was holding him back. He has left enough on the field on both seattle and vs tampa after loads of turnovers to be free of blame, even for the biggest defenders.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's what I'm saying. But somehow just saying well MM was here is magic and it means he did nothing wrong. I think it's pretty likely Rodgers did nothing to help that whole situation. 

I mean he obviously wanted Mac gone but it shouldn't have taken Rodgers "coasting" through a season to make that happen. The Packers are notorious for hanging onto people too long. Mac was stale after 2014. Rodgers still got him to one more NFCCG with an average team in 2016, but from 2015 on, the offense was vanilla af. 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean he obviously wanted Mac gone but it shouldn't have taken Rodgers "coasting" through a season to make that happen. The Packers are notorious for hanging onto people too long. Mac was stale after 2014. Rodgers still got him to one more NFCCG with an average team in 2016, but from 2015 on, the offense was vanilla af. 

Yeah I think there's some truth here but I don't buy into all this crap. That being said I'm very glad to have MLF. 

• Like 1