Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Don't go looking for the stats on a Rodgers QB'd team coming back to win if trailing going into the 4th quarter vs a better than .500 team......not good

Something like 1-42 record

No ****? Lol. JFC

18 hours ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Honest question here. How many years do you expect Rodgers to play at the MVP level he did last season? Or even at an elite level unlike what he did in 2018 and 2019?

He can play at an MVP level, or an elite level, in this offense until he retires.  It is a simple offense.

All he needs to do is continue to work on that lower body strength and footspeed.  He keeps the lower body strong and the sky is the limit for Rodgers.  This is not a difficult offense to run.  

Last year I actually thought Rodgers made it more difficult than it had to be quite a few times.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He can play at an MVP level, or an elite level, in this offense until he retires.  It is a simple offense.

All he needs to do is continue to work on that lower body strength and footspeed.  He keeps the lower body strong and the sky is the limit for Rodgers.  This is not a difficult offense to run.  

Last year I actually thought Rodgers made it more difficult than it had to be quite a few times.

So simple Jordan Love could do it?

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

If I thought about it from Rodgers view I'd be disappointed in myself for my unprofessional behavior and greed.

I'd then reflect hard about what Time Brady does differently than me that has lead to his success and try to incorporate that into my own situation. Like restructuring my contract so the team I'm on can afford pieces around me to help me achieve the ultimate success.

I'd also then realize that the team is at zero fault for drafting a QB based on my behavior and play the previous two seasons to that. 

Because all of this is the rational thing to do.

No.  Just no to all of this.

If you put yourself into Rodgers, you fail.  Because it is your thoughts within Rodgers.

Rodgers.  Has he ever said he's at fault?  Has he ever admitted that?  I don't know that he has (or has not).  The only time I can remember him talking about how he made mistakes is this past off-season when he said he saw something on tape and worked on it.

Look.  I'd love him to be back.  But this is not a guy that finds much fault in what he does.  No way he would reflect on what he's done wrong and work to rectify it.

I remember when he threw a quick out into the dirt about 3 yards in front of MVS about 3 years ago.  He burned a hole through MVS and then made a hand motion like MVS was supposed to be in that spot where the ball hit.  Forget the fact that MVS was open and where the ball landed was almost behind the LOS.  Forget the fact that Rodgers essentially spiked that ball nose down and nobody had a shot at catching it.

For better or worse with Rodgers, it is his way, or the highway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

So simple Jordan Love could do it?

Yes.  It's built around the run game.  We have the line and we have the receivers.  

If he has to play this year, he will need MLF in his ear like McVay did with Goff.  And he will win games.  It'll look different than Rodgers.  We should run more and check out to passes less.  But it would work to win games.

Love's feet and that cannon arm will show themselves big time once he has some starts under his belt.

That's what I think.  But, I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy today.

It's just not a complicated offense, and we have HORSES to make it succeed where it counts.

Defensively, we need to step up, but we have the talent on that side to do it.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Don't go looking for the stats on a Rodgers QB'd team coming back to win if trailing going into the 4th quarter vs a better than .500 team......not good

Something like 1-42 record

So your saying he shouldn't be worth that much in a trade than ... won't be hard to find a QB to provide a 1-42 record in that circumstance correct?

18 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

The problem is, in this scenario - There's only 1 right answer and anything outside of that is wrong. @incognito_man in this situation tends to be on the right side of that answer and you tend to be on the wrong side of that answer. 

Aaron Rodger's isn't grossly underpaid, when he signed that contract he was considered the highest paid player in NFL history - He got this contract despite his very mediocre QB play at the time of signing. You're ignoring this fact and only taking his salary at face value and not all the other money that is tied into it and proclaiming him as "grossly underpaid". 

You're essentially attempting to argue that the sky is purple, while everyone with common sense and the ability to see color can tell that it's blue. 

I'm arguing my opinion.  Unlike yourself I'm not attempting to pawn it off as fact.  

No where, not once have I ever used the term grossly underpaid when talking about Aaron Rodgers.  He's signed to a quality starting QB wage. 

Edited by SSG

Just now, SSG said:

I'm arguing my opinion.  Unlike yourself I'm not attempting to pawn it off as fact.  

No where, not once have I ever used the term grossly underpaid when talking about Aaron Rodgers.  He's signed to a q

Your opinion is to take out the signing bonus and then compare Rodgers last two years of salary versus far less talented quarterbacks. You don’t need to say he’s grossly underpaid, you certainly implied it. 

You’re using a narrative that is spun by you that fits your opinion, the problem with that is no one on this board is dumb enough to buy into this narrative and yet you keep acting like we all are. 

tldr: Your opinion is trash 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

So your saying he shouldn't be worth that much in a trade than ... won't be hard to find a QB to provide a 1-42 record in that circumstance correct?

not at all.  the point was in comparing Rodgers to Brady in terms of having an "it" that helps to pull the team back to victories in those situations.  

When Love steps in, whenever it happens, there will be a natural regression due to him not being able to do the little things that AR12 does 2-3 plays a game that transcends the offense, but even more so due to the emotional exhaustion of having moved on from the HoFer. I think of Rodgers’ first year as a starter. What a weird year. There was no world where we’d be successful coming out of that situation.

But after that, I do expect Love to be Goff MINIMUM in this offense. And if he’s not Goff minimum, that’s when you decide that Gute doesn’t get to pick the next QB. 

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  Just no to all of this.

If you put yourself into Rodgers, you fail.  Because it is your thoughts within Rodgers.

Rodgers.  Has he ever said he's at fault?  Has he ever admitted that?  I don't know that he has (or has not).  The only time I can remember him talking about how he made mistakes is this past off-season when he said he saw something on tape and worked on it.

Look.  I'd love him to be back.  But this is not a guy that finds much fault in what he does.  No way he would reflect on what he's done wrong and work to rectify it.

I remember when he threw a quick out into the dirt about 3 yards in front of MVS about 3 years ago.  He burned a hole through MVS and then made a hand motion like MVS was supposed to be in that spot where the ball hit.  Forget the fact that MVS was open and where the ball landed was almost behind the LOS.  Forget the fact that Rodgers essentially spiked that ball nose down and nobody had a shot at catching it.

For better or worse with Rodgers, it is his way, or the highway.

I think you missed the point of my post. I'm definitely NOT saying what I think Rodgers actually thinks. I was saying what he SHOULD think.

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

When Love steps in, whenever it happens, there will be a natural regression due to him not being able to do the little things that AR12 does 2-3 plays a game that transcends the offense, but even more so due to the emotional exhaustion of having moved on from the HoFer. I think of Rodgers’ first year as a starter. What a weird year. There was no world where we’d be successful coming out of that situation.

But after that, I do expect Love to be Goff MINIMUM in this offense. And if he’s not Goff minimum, that’s when you decide that Gute doesn’t get to pick the next QB. 

I'm not arguing that your post is wrong, not at all.

I just want to say that I don't think there will be a "regression".  What will happen is that it will be a more "pure" version of the offense.  More runs, less check out to quick passes.  It'll look a little different, but it will be more what this offense is supposed to be.

Rodgers really took advantage of COVID last year, especially early on when defenses were behind in their schemes.  Love will not be able to do that.  But, he will hand the ball off.  He will hit the roll outs and play action plays.  And we will see a better athlete back there than Rodgers.  We will also pray that the accuracy is there.  But it will be more of a pure MLF offense.

And I really like the phrase "pure MLF".  Guessing @Norm has googled that many times while in "incognito" mode.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you missed the point of my post. I'm definitely NOT saying what I think Rodgers actually thinks. I was saying what he SHOULD think.

And that's the fail.  Believing that Rodgers cares about what he "should" do.  It just doesn't work with him.

But I do get what you are saying.  I don't buy for a minute that Rodgers thinks/feels that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Your opinion is to take out the signing bonus and then compare Rodgers last two years of salary versus far less talented quarterbacks. You don’t need to say he’s grossly underpaid, you certainly implied it. 

You’re using a narrative that is spun by you that fits your opinion, the problem with that is no one on this board is dumb enough to buy into this narrative and yet you keep acting like we all are. 

tldr: Your opinion is trash 

I wasting calories here.  Again, with something that I've never said.  You can't get to "Aaron Rodgers has made 34.6 million per year over the first 3 years of his current contract" by "taking out the signing bonus".

I can agree with you though.  The opinion you fabricated for me.... the "if you take out the signing bonus" Aaron Rodgers is "grossly underpaid" is completely trash.  

Who would have thought that saying 34.6 is slightly more than 33.5 was so polarizing of an opinion.  

Edited by SSG

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not arguing that your post is wrong, not at all.

I just want to say that I don't think there will be a "regression".  What will happen is that it will be a more "pure" version of the offense.  More runs, less check out to quick passes.  It'll look a little different, but it will be more what this offense is supposed to be.

Rodgers really took advantage of COVID last year, especially early on when defenses were behind in their schemes.  Love will not be able to do that.  But, he will hand the ball off.  He will hit the roll outs and play action plays.  And we will see a better athlete back there than Rodgers.  We will also pray that the accuracy is there.  But it will be more of a pure MLF offense.

And I really like the phrase "pure MLF".  Guessing @Norm has googled that many times while in "incognito" mode.

I think Love is going to be successful, but I'm not sure he is really ready for action this season after 2020 was a complete redshirt year.   The Packers actions and words seem to indicate that they don't think he's ready this year either, but I doubt they really know.  Maybe if he's thrust into action he takes off and never looks back, but there is a high probability that he sinks a bit and has a hard time keeping his head above water.  I do think he will run the offense that LaFleur wants to run .. would be really interesting to see the differences between the Rodgers offense and the LaFleur offense.