Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Ask Yin-Yang...I was responding to his irrelevant comment....

"And I root for New England, therefore any retort you (may) have is a joke because we’ve...won more championships, or whatever it is you were saying."

Just now, Deadpulse said:

you realize he was being purposely obtuse right? Like he doesnt actually believe that, he was following logic being used to point out how absurd it is. @Yin-Yang, chime in on this silliness. 

100%. Dude goes on for a couple pages, laughing at people’s opinions because they root for teams that aren’t Green Bay. I point that out - there’s hardly a lamer point than that.

I even quoted what I was responding to, so the confusion is odd to me. Thought the ellipsis and obvious flawed point made that clear, but I suppose not.

• Like 6

QB GMs are the future. Why hire a scouting department when you can just get Russel Wilson and ARod to play QB and make personnel choices at the same time. The NBA had player coaches... I could see it working out no problem...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001854-aaron-rodgers-rumors-packers-cutting-jake-kumerow-was-death-knell-in-relationship

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

QB GMs are the future. Why hire a scouting department when you can just get Russel Wilson and ARod to play QB and make personnel choices at the same time. The NBA had player coaches... I could see it working out no problem...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001854-aaron-rodgers-rumors-packers-cutting-jake-kumerow-was-death-knell-in-relationship

I mean, go back and read some of the reports about what soured Tom Brady's relationship with the Patriots. Antonio Brown is on a whole other level than Jake Kumerow (in more ways than one) but this isn't something that started with Rodgers or Brady. Frankly, when it comes to building offenses, entrenched franchise QBs SHOULD get some say in personnel decisions. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

And we have the exact same number of super bowl wins, how odd.

Thats true - but I value the constant and consistent nature of GB's success.  Their buggaboo has been losing NFCCGs.  I think they've lost 4 in the last 7 years (Ouch!) - but at least they're getting there. Perhaps with a bit more (or better) execution, we'll punch through. 

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

I mean, go back and read some of the reports about what soured Tom Brady's relationship with the Patriots. Antonio Brown is on a whole other level than Jake Kumerow (in more ways than one) but this isn't something that started with Rodgers or Brady. Frankly, when it comes to building offenses, entrenched franchise QBs SHOULD get some say in personnel decisions. 

I was just joking. I agree completely, even if Rodgers is being a big old baby about this.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

QB GMs are the future. Why hire a scouting department when you can just get Russel Wilson and ARod to play QB and make personnel choices at the same time.

Sarcasm or no? Serious question, interwebz can be unclear.

EDIT: Question answered, nvm lol.

Edited by Yin-Yang

14 minutes ago, Starless said:

very slippery slope.

organizational goals do NOT match individual goals in 99.99% of cases. Granting some sort of formal "say" in personnel decision to an active player would be absolute disaster for the organizations that try it. Players form a brotherhood and develop loyalty to people. People who don't necessarily give the team the best chance of success (see: Aaron Rodgers y Jake Kumerow). Players also look to capitalize in much shorter windows than organizations need to be focused on. A player has absolutely zero concern how an organization looks after the several remaining years they might be there.

That's the worst kind of input to include in a organizational personnel decisions.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

very slippery slope.

organizational goals do NOT match individual goals in 99.99% of cases. Granting some sort of formal "say" in personnel decision to an active player would be absolute disaster for the organizations that try it. Players form a brotherhood and develop loyalty to people. People who don't necessarily give the team the best chance of success (see: Aaron Rodgers y Jake Kumerow). Players also look to capitalize in much shorter windows than organizations need to be focused on. A player has absolutely zero concern how an organization looks after the several remaining years they might be there.

That's the worst kind of input to include in a organizational personnel decisions.

A slippery slope to what, exactly? 

I'm not saying let the QB run the whole operation - that would be crazy. I'm saying that if a guy has shown that he's integral to the organization's success, then it's in the organization's best interest to ensure that he's steering in the same direction and doesn't feel alienated from the decision-making process. Do things diplomatically, rather than unilaterally. Obviously, you should set your boundaries and not give one player full veto power over anything, but some consultation would be nice, if only to cross your t's and dot your i's. 

We're ultimately talking about professionals here. They should be able to swallow their pride enough to make sure things keep flowing smoothly, even if it's at the expense of some of their own power. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

very slippery slope.

He is saying tell Rodgers that Kumerow isn't gunna stick around before he goes out and praises him right before he gets cut. He isn't suggesting that the QB should rule the draft or sign FAs, just let them in on the process and keep them informed... it seems like a pretty simple ask in theory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

No, we didn't realize this....LOL!...Why is it than that the top three people in the organization went to his home in order to get this straightened out?....

*Sigh*

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's demanding to be traded off the #2 betting favorite to win next year's SB. 

As argued, if he's traded off - the Packers aren't the #2 betting favorite anymore.

I'm not the one who introduced the measure, I'm merely advising why it doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

A slippery slope to what, exactly? 

I'm not saying let the QB run the whole operation - that would be crazy. I'm saying that if a guy has shown that he's integral to the organization's success, then it's in the organization's best interest to ensure that he's steering in the same direction and doesn't feel alienated from the decision-making process. Do things diplomatically, rather than unilaterally. Obviously, you should set your boundaries and not give one player full veto power over anything, but some consultation would be nice, if only to cross your t's and dot your i's. 

We're ultimately talking about professionals here. They should be able to swallow their pride enough to make sure things keep flowing smoothly, even if it's at the expense of some of their own power. 

A slippery slope to terrible management and a bad product that isn't as valuable as it could otherwise be.

I think your last sentence should be internalized by Aaron Rodgers. He certainly doesn't appear to be acting professionally.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is saying tell Rodgers that Kumerow isn't gunna stick around before he goes out and praises him right before he gets cut. He isn't suggesting that the QB should rule the draft or sign FAs, just let them in on the process and keep them informed... it seems like a pretty simple ask in theory.

what about Ray Lewis? Or JJ Watt? or Patrick Peterson?

just QBs?

Just now, incognito_man said:

A slippery slope to terrible management and a bad product that isn't as valuable as it could otherwise be.

I think your last sentence should be internalized by Aaron Rodgers. He certainly doesn't appear to be acting professionally.

Handling things diplomatically is a slippery slope to terrible management? How does that make sense? Seems to me like concentrating power in the hands of 2 or 3 people whose opinions go unchecked is a slippery slope to much greater disasters.

What power does Rodgers ultimately hold that isn't tied to his ability to withhold his labor?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what about Ray Lewis? Or JJ Watt? or Patrick Peterson?

just QBs?

I'm not seeing the problem here. We call guys "leaders in the locker room" all the time. Well, why not vest them with some level of command that extends beyond just a patch on their uniform? Even if it's as simple as letting them meet with a prospect and let them ask some questions to see if there's chemistry. 

• Like 1