Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

On 4/29/2021 at 2:37 PM, AkronsWitness said:

They have pieces, but they still have yet to go 'all-in' on surrounding him with talent. Sure Adams/Jones are nice but thats where the offensive weapons stop.

all they had to do was go get guys like AJ Green and Jonnu Smith in FA but they didnt, because the Packers never spend in free agency.

That was true under Ted Thompson. But Gute has spend for external FA without compromising the cap.

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:
35 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And where was your response to this one Yin-Yang?...LOL!!

I’d have probably responded, if you bothered to @ correctly. Looks like we can double down on the sarcasm going over your head, though. 

no worries, I already set the reminder after this years SB to come back to this thread and ask him why the Packers didn't win it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

no worries, I already set the reminder after this years SB to come back to this thread and ask him why the Packers didn't win it. 

I mean, I’m all for keeping receipts, but I’m not even sure what the guy’s point was in the first place. 

Just seems like random, “what are you thinking now?” facebook status updates.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, I’m all for keeping receipts, but I’m not even sure what the guy’s point was in the first place. 

Just seems like random, “what are you thinking now?” facebook status updates.

just wild jabs at us because he actually has no points to make

22 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, just like Warren Buffett is due for bankruptcy any year now.

Same concept: thoughtful, consistent executive leadership.

You are essentially suggesting that taking a high ceiling QB and placing him in an ideal situation to grow and mature is somehow going to consistently result in below average results...

99% of people are purely incapable of seeing the long game, I think. Everyone can only focus on the year before and the upcoming months and it consumes their entire worldview.

I've always been the type to think for the future NFL wise. I thought the Mahomes pick was a great pick when it happened and I think the 49ers did the right thing with Trey Lance. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, which is likely why they even picked up Love in the draft. Not saying Love is gonna be Favre or Rodgers, but even if they get like a Tony Romo level performance out of him they could be happy. 

Edit: Wait, I am replying to a post that long ago? It said that it was the current page........meh w/e

Edited by NeptunePenguins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I've always been the type to think for the future NFL wise. I thought the Mahomes pick was a great pick when it happened and I think the 49ers did the right thing with Trey Lance. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, which is likely why they even picked up Love in the draft. Not saying Love is gonna be Favre or Rodgers, but even if they get like a Tony Romo level performance out of him they could be happy. 

Edit: Wait, I am replying to a post that long ago? It said that it was the current page........meh w/e

I agree about the Mahomes pick/execution. It's the best way to build a successful QB IMO. GB succeeded once with a mid-20s pick and are trying again. KC used two 1st round picks on Mahomes. San Fran used THREE first round picks on Lance - so, if anything, the GB attempt should be heralded as an attempt at insane value.

I haven't heard a legitimate reason why the Love pick was a bad pick to date.

People try to argue that GB "didn't give Rodgers a weapon" yada yada

meanwhile...San Fran ain't getting any weapons for Lance in the first round for the first half of his contract guaranteed. We don't even have to wait for them not to draft weapons to complain! But literally nobody has said that. It's curious to me...

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

meanwhile...San Fran ain't getting any weapons for Lance in the first round for the first half of his contract guaranteed. We don't even have to wait for them not to draft weapons to complain! But literally nobody has said that. It's curious to me...

Very odd comment / comparison. 

The niners' main weapons are all under contract for that time period. 

Top 2 tight end signed long term. 

1st round rookie last year who has 3 years left + option. 

2nd round receiver from 2019 who is under his rookie contract for 2 more years. 

A running back group that runs based on scheme and just had two more rookies added to it. 

Left Tackle just signed long term. RT has final year of rookie deal + fifth year option picked up puts him there through the first two years of Lance's deal. 

Two rookie guards were added who are under contract 4 more years. Center signed this year. 

They could use some depth, but at best you're talking about adding pieces that would be the fifth offensive option for the 9ers during that time frame, which doesn't exactly need to be resolved via first round picks, especially given that they will have no major money committed to QB when Jimmy is gone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very odd comment / comparison. 

The niners' main weapons are all under contract for that time period. 

Top 2 tight end signed long term. 

1st round rookie last year who has 3 years left + option. 

2nd round receiver from 2019 who is under his rookie contract for 2 more years. 

A running back group that runs based on scheme and just had two more rookies added to it. 

Left Tackle just signed long term. RT has final year of rookie deal + fifth year option picked up puts him there through the first two years of Lance's deal. 

Two rookie guards were added who are under contract 4 more years. Center signed this year. 

They could use some depth, but at best you're talking about adding pieces that would be the fifth offensive option for the 9ers during that time frame, which doesn't exactly need to be resolved via first round picks, especially given that they will have no major money committed to QB when Jimmy is gone. 

I'm not criticizing San Fran...

I'm saying that it's nonsensical fans would be ok accepting that one team isn't actively acquiring more weapons for their QB (because they traded away picks) while criticizing a team for not using an asset on what they perceived to be as a weapon. Same result. Both teams got a young, talented QB out of it. One team did it for a mid 20s pick, one team did it for 3 1st round picks.

It's just such a weird criticism of GB. It's so backwards.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not criticizing San Fran...

I'm saying that it's nonsensical fans would be ok accepting that one team isn't actively acquiring more weapons for their QB (because they traded away picks) while criticizing a team for not using an asset on what they perceived to be as a weapon. Same result. Both teams got a young, talented QB out of it. One team did it for a mid 20s pick, one team did it for 3 1st round picks.

It's just such a weird criticism of GB. It's so backwards.

And this continues to make no sense, congrats. For one, you completely ignored what he said, but then you would have to address how poor of a comparison it is. George kittle, Debo samuel and Brandon aiyuk is a very good trio on paper. You could not pick and say they need a 3rd wr. Oline is set and the have several rbs. There isn’t really much to add to. gb does not fall under the same category.

The SF weapons were only going to be a problem with Mac Jones because he can't throw like a top flight NFL QB. Its just simple anatomy of a guy with a sub-standard starting QB arm.

Lance has no such issue. SF has a good offense around him IMO.