43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's not a cop out at all...it is the biggest question mark in his game...that doesn't mean he is bad at it...just that it is not his strongest point...we can all just ignore the facts but keep in mind he was available at #11 so clearly NFL evaluators had the same questions...again I am thrilled with the pick...it gives us a proper talent to build around for years to come and takes a ton of pressure off everything else...I think he is a franchise guy but that doesn't mean he is flawless.

Edited by beardown3231

I was just rewatching the video I posted that shows every play and all it's doing so far is reaffirming everything I thought about him.  I'm not seeing him locking on to one receiver or not going thru his progressions and not baiting the safeties. I'm seeing the exact opposite.

I'm seeing some decision-making and ball placement flaws (like you would with every other prospect) but nothing that isn't coachable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Now we have 3 QBs with guaranteed deals.  Maybe someone gets hurt in camp and Bears can dump one.  

While there's a lot to like when you watch his game stuff I still see a college QB who will need to tighten up his game as a pro.  NFL secondaries don't leave as much room to throw into as they do in college.  I like his RPO ability but in the pocket he'll need to process faster than in college.

Dalton is a very capable vet and Foles can back him until Nagy and his guys can bring Fields farther along.  If he's a 10 year investment why rush it like we ended up doing with Mitch.  Dalton is no Mike Glennon so there's not need to.  Let him adjust to both NFL speed and learn the scheme.  Then turn him loose.

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

All the commercials say I should consult a physician if I have an erection lasting more than 4 hours... 

This pick is a HOME ******* RUN. Add in that we got him WITHOUT giving up 52 or 83, or next year’s 2 or 3? Jesus, I need a cigarette.

Post of the year 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G08 said:

With two veterans in front of him, the backup being a Super Bowl MVP?

He's sitting.

What did that super bowl mvp show you last season?  Literally the only reason he’s still on the team is his contract.  And Dalton? Talk about a Glennon/Trubisky situation.  Sure, Dalton has more talent than Glennon, but I’d argue Fields has more than Trubisky, too.  I’m sure they will act like it’s a competition and then play fields at the end of camp or after a game or two in the regular season.  Pace and Nagy are too much on the hot seat, they need Fields to show something so that they have better job stability next season

Just now, TankWilliams said:

What did that super bowl mvp show you last season?  Literally the only reason he’s still on the team is his contract.  And Dalton? Talk about a Glennon/Trubisky situation.  Sure, Dalton has more talent than Glennon, but I’d argue Fields has more than Trubisky, too.  I’m sure they will act like it’s a competition and then play fields at the end of camp or after a game or two in the regular season.  Pace and Nagy are too much on the hot seat, they need Fields to show something so that they have better job stability next season

He didn't show me anything. It doesn't take away from me wanting a kid QB to sit and learn. 

19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I was just rewatching the video I posted that shows every play and all it's doing so far is reaffirming everything I thought about him.  I'm not seeing him locking on to one receiver or not going thru his progressions and not baiting the safeties. I'm seeing the exact opposite.

I'm seeing some decision-making and ball placement flaws (like you would with every other prospect) but nothing that isn't coachable.

Just got thru the Nebraska game, first thing that jumps out, every ball is on time and catchable.  Made one risky decision he got away.  Tbf, every WR had massive sep, but he did what a top prospect should do against a tomato can like neb.  He roasted them

Just now, G08 said:

He didn't show me anything. It doesn't take away from me wanting a kid QB to sit and learn. 

I’m just saying that essentially doesn’t happen in the NFL anymore at least not in the way it used to, not that I think that’s the right way to go about it.  Especially for a team with a coaching staff and front office on the hot seat.

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I’m just saying that essentially doesn’t happen in the NFL anymore at least not in the way it used to, not that I think that’s the right way to go about it.  Especially for a team with a coaching staff and front office on the hot seat.

I understand, but with two starters ahead of him, I guess I am hoping he doesn't touch the field in 2021 save for a meaningless week 18 of a playoff season. 

I'm not a fan of trading up, and IMO we gave up too much.  A couple years ago, Pittsburgh traded from 20 to 10 with Denver and only gave up next years first.  We likely could have offered that and still made the move.  It's great to get a quality QB, so we'll have to see if Fields is.  Hopefully we can trade back at 52 and/or 83 and try to get an extra pick or two.  If we win the division for the next decade, beat GB, win playoff games, even a Super Bowl, it's worth it.  Otherwise, we'll be mediocre at best the next few years.