Marshawn Lynch suspended 1 game

Incarcerated_Scarface

15 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Pretty dumb. If I'm his teammate, especially Osemele who was first to come to Carr's defense, I'm not happy with him at all since he came to the support of a division revival and cost himself a game and a half. I know Lynch and Peters are close, but to get so caught up in the moment and ignoring the team, can't see this being well received in the lockerroom.  

It's not that big of a deal.  Lynch and Peters are more than just 'close', they're pretty much family.  Most people understand that family > sports.

As far as this suspension goes, it's unfortunate.  Obviously you can't contact a ref.  The ref held Lynch back because he was unsure of his intentions, but Lynch was trying to defuse the situation.  Lynch trying to do that, pushes the ref out of the way to get to Peters.  I don't really have an issue with the suspension, but I kind of wish he didn't get suspended because it was just an odd circumstance.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

It's not that big of a deal.  Lynch and Peters are more than just 'close', they're pretty much family.  Most people understand that family > sports.

As far as this suspension goes, it's unfortunate.  Obviously you can't contact a ref.  The ref held Lynch back because he was unsure of his intentions, but Lynch was trying to defuse the situation.  Lynch trying to do that, pushes the ref out of the way to get to Peters.  I don't really have an issue with the suspension, but I kind of wish he didn't get suspended because it was just an odd circumstance.

When you start handing out exceptions to certain cases, that's when things get messy. It's good that he was suspended, despite whatever circumstances surrounded it, for me.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I agree...I think there needs to be an example set just for him running out onto the field more than anything else.  Looked to me as if the ref had his hands on Lynch first and Lynch just took the refs hands off him.  I think if the ref puts his hands on you FIRST, then it's a natural reaction to avoid "assault" from anyone. Some people are more sensitive about their "space." I don't think he should get suspended for "touching the ref" when the ref initiated it first....I think the punishment should be more focused on the fact he left the bench to get involved. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

When you start handing out exceptions to certain cases, that's when things get messy. It's good that he was suspended, despite whatever circumstances surrounded it, for me.

Agreed... he shouldn’t get a pass because it’s family.

Family comes first, but that doesn’t give you a free pass to do whatever without consequence. Rules are there for a reason, and Peters being his cousin doesn’t change those rules.

It’s not like Peters was in some imminent danger.

On 10/20/2017 at 8:53 PM, drd23 said:

I'm not surprised it was for only 1 week, and I'm not surprised that they are appealing it (based on what, who knows?).

That said, I think that running onto the field from the bench, and then making forceful contact with a ref should result in a bigger suspension than that

Does the NFLPA almost mandate that you appeal?  Pretty sure that was the standard for at least one of the leagues (MLBPA maybe).

Archived