49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3

Forge

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I thought it was the 49ers. Lmao 🤣

Been a Niners fan since 1988 when I first started following NFL. Thus far I've only seen 2 Niners QB that I liked e.g Montana & Young. My 3rd fav is probably Jeff Garcia b/c all the rest since Young have been pure trash. I have no more faith in Trey Lance than I did with Kap! It gets tiresome chasing a franchise QB all these years with no luck.

• Like 1

And it started already. Hilarious and totally predictable.

Rightttttttttttttttttttttt, Shanahan who spearheaded this trade was going to let anyone else make the call here? Are people really that dense? I shouldn't let this frustrate me but my goodness........This is why I am so upset at guys like Maiocco for running this BS campaign. Those morons kept putting this narrative out that Shanahan is just looking for a QB who is accurate and runs his system and that convinced damn near the entire fanbase the pick was going to be Jones. And now because it wasn't Jones, they can't believe it and think there is some conspiracy theory behind this lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Eh, I don't think you mess with Garoppolo's money. Would it be the smart thing financially? Possibly, but what if Jimmy says screw you guys, you've made abundantly clear your QB is going to be Lance. I'm sitting out until I'm playing for a new team. 

To me the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one.

Then he can try and find 25 million from somewhere else and realize that type of money doesn't exist for him right now, nor is there another team that would be looking to add him as their immediate starter. 

Maybe that will change if someone gets injured, but honestly if we want to trade him, we will have to eat some money, similar to what carolina did for Teddy. There is not a single team in the league besides us that would pay him 25 million this season. I see zero reason to pay well above market value on a player who has no guaranteed money left on his deal. 

We can cut him with almost no consequences up until week 1, when his salary becomes fully guaranteed. I doubt we are going to ask him to take a pay cut today, but if Lance looks mostly ready to go during OTAs? Then you have this talk with JG and save some money that can go towards other areas of the team. 

7 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Been a Niners fan since 1988 when I first started following NFL. Thus far I've only seen 2 Niners QB that I liked e.g Montana & Young. My 3rd fav is probably Jeff Garcia b/c all the rest since Young have been pure trash. I have no more faith in Trey Lance than I did with Kap! It gets tiresome chasing a franchise QB all these years with no luck.

I think you should have faith to Lance. This is a massive risk but I believe in Kyle. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rightttttttttttttttttttttt, Shanahan who spearheaded this trade was going to let anyone else make the call here? Are people really that dense? I shouldn't let this frustrate me but my goodness........This is why I am so upset at guys like Maiocco for running this BS campaign. Those morons kept putting this narrative out that Shanahan is just looking for a QB who is accurate and runs his system and that convinced damn near the entire fanbase the pick was going to be Jones. And now because it wasn't Jones, they can't believe it and think there is some conspiracy theory behind this lol.

Yup idk if the Niners told Maiocco something pushing Mac. But he lost so much credibility this off-season. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This literally happened right when the pick was made. It wasn’t “we got it wrong” it was..”we/they changed his mind!”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

No Matt you get no option to back track this. You are one of the biggest reasons why the Mac stuff was pushed so hard. 

Unbelievable, initially Maiocco mentioned Fields and didn't even bring up Lance. He then thought it would be Jones after Simms tweet and probably talking to him and others...Then he changed his entire narrative and made it seem like Shanny just wanted a physically limited QB who will listen to and do everything Shanahan will want him to do....These guys didn't even believe half the crap they were saying but the intel told them Jones so they had to find reasons for why the pick was going to be him. 

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

This literally happened right when the pick was made. It wasn’t “we got it wrong” it was..”we/they changed his mind!”

Exactly! They were CONVINCED the pick was Jones the entire time and were just going off of what OTHER teams were thinking the Niners were going to do. Shanahan even killed the notion he is looking for a Kirk Cousins QB and gave as much praise as he's EVER given to Allen after he ran roughshod on the defense. The clues were all there and yet it didn't even matter as these dudes are stubborn as hell. Then we get to the presser on Monday, and I can't stress how all time bad it was. All the questions were made under the impression that Jones was going to be the pick and they tried to pick apart ANY reaction or comment Shanahan made and thought the pick was tipped...WHEN THEY WERE TRYING TO FORCE SHANAHAN TO TIP THE PICK OF JONES. Like what the hell was that? Then when the pick was Lance, clearly there must have been friction and Shanny was forced to go with Lance. Unreal lol.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The crazy thing is Kyle has been straight up honest in the press conference since the trade. He kept talking about mobility been important in this pick and no one listened. 

Right? I kept saying that IF kyle wanted jones, that he needed to stop running his mouth about "biggest, fastest, strongest, and the best in the pocket" and "lamar-brees lovechild" because what he was saying and what the media said he was thinking were on two opposite sides of the spectrum 

But nope, the media INSISTED that they knew better and that 49ers fans needed to put their phones down. smfh. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The crazy thing is Kyle has been straight up honest in the press conference since the trade. He kept talking about mobility been important in this pick and no one listened. 

Yeah if you look back at his quotes through the filter of Trey Lance, he's been telegraphing it pretty early. The media is so hell-bent on their narratives and stereotypes that the can't look past them. They get clouded by their own opinions and get high on their own supply.

Paraphrasing here:

• Kyle wants Brees/Jackson combo
  • Kyle talks about loving John Elway and him being his prototype
  • Kyle word-vomits his love for outside zone + zone read mashup
  • Kyle talks about his love for Josh Allen and wanting him
  • Kyle's 5-7 QB's in the world quote - mobility was a big part of that

I've been staunchly against the Jones stuff since the beginning because it never once made sense to me, especially when Kyle says stuff like this. 

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 2

Gotta say, I LOVE the idea of adding another TE and going two TE, two RBs, with aiyuk and Lance on the field all at the same time. We could really pound the rock while still having enough pass catchers to sling the ball around. 

• Like 1