Jump to content

With the 26th pick, the Browns select CB Greg Newsome II


Recommended Posts

The injuries appear varied. Nothing concussive, nerve or spine related, which is a bonus. Unless you've got 3 ironmen tied down to long term contracts, CB will always be a great value pick in the first round.

Edited by Don Roshi
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Roshi said:

The injuries appear varied. Nothing concussive, nerve or spine related, which is a bonus. Unless you've got 3 ironmen tied down to long term contracts, CB will always be a great value pick in the first round.

The fact of the matter is corners often miss a lot of time.

If getting 16 games every year is your requirement, not many are gonna do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like this pick a lot...he was my 3rd rater CB (after it came out that Farley has multiple spinal cord surgeries) I like his Blood lines, I like his versatility, playing inside and out. Hill as the Vet presence, and now Ward, with Greedy across from him and Newsome in the Slot....this sounds like a return of the DaWg Pound...one of the leagues original "No Fly Zone's".....Dixon and Minnifield would be proud.....(and those 3 safeties.....this could get interesting.

Also was PRAYING that the Ravens took Oweh instead of Morwhig.......thank you GOD!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

you look and watch how Pat Fitz runs his team/defense and how it was one of the top units last year, the Browns just drafted their best player in Newsome. I think coming from that program, he wont be a knuckle head and will be ready to play. I wanted JOK but Newsome was still a great pick. dude can play inside or outside and does well in zone or in man

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How you feeling hoss?

Like sh*t.  Thanks for asking though.

I'll be fine.  Wish I could sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fell asleep after Pick 11, then woke up after Pick 25, and then got to see us draft him before rolling over and falling asleep again. I'm pretty excited about this pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Like sh*t.  Thanks for asking though.

I'll be fine.  Wish I could sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

I do to......but that's my prostate calling....not some blasted airborne sea-mine shaped spore invading my lungs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MWil23 said:

I fell asleep after Pick 11, then woke up after Pick 25, and then got to see us draft him before rolling over and falling asleep again. I'm pretty excited about this pick.

Sitting at my desk through pick 20.  Sat down on the couch for pick 21......Woke up for pick 27.  Missed the whole thing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...