Jump to content

NFL Draft Day 2 GDT


Forge
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wow...I landed Jones in like round 6 in the most recent mock lol. Good pick me I think. I don't get him over Browning or Cox. 

Lol! I got Aaron Banks towards the end our draft when I did my mock recently

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just don't think he's got the long speed at all. I think he'll be okay, but honestly, kind of reminds me of Gallman lol 

I disagree. His contact balance is really solid - you may have guess I valued that based on my love for Javonte Williams. He doesn’t have the home run speed like Mostert, but luckily we have Mostert for that. 
 

There goes Browning. I wasn’t far off in my value for that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I disagree. His contact balance is really solid - you may have guess I valued that based on my love for Javonte Williams. He doesn’t have the home run speed like Mostert, but luckily we have Mostert for that. 
 

There goes Browning. I wasn’t far off in my value for that one.

He does have very nice balance. He won't be easy to bring down and he won't go down easy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly don't hate this draft. Very interesting to see a sight philosophical change in scheme types, and while they aren't picks I would have made, I don't hate any of them. Lukewarm on sermon, but that is really it, and it's not like that is that bad

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m impartial to these picks, but I as others mentioned, there’s a philosophical evolution,but I think we’re hitting money ball moves. Lance, Banks, Sermon, Thomas all stave off another year (unless they’re all THAT bad) of having to fill those holes in FA. 
 

sermon has fun tape, honestly makes me think of  Wilson a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I’m impartial to these picks, but I as others mentioned, there’s a philosophical evolution,but I think we’re hitting money ball moves. Lance, Banks, Sermon, Thomas all stave off another year (unless they’re all THAT bad) of having to fill those holes in FA. 
 

sermon has fun tape, honestly makes me think of  Wilson a bit

Sermon and Wilson are definitely are physical backs. Can Sermon be a threat in the passing game? Don't really have a back all that effective in that are even though Mostert is pretty solid on some routes.

Definitely a bit of a philosophical shift, but maybe we will finally be a top 10 RZ offense? Going to implement some zone read principles to the offense and play some bully ball. 

Thomas looks intriguing. Another guy who played limited games but has some good potential. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Polarizing guy. I know some people love him, but I viewed him as a 6th round guy

old and drops but absolutely killer in the open field with track speed. I had him more in the 4th for us specifically because he is a YAC monster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/01/jason-licht-tom-brady-isnt-worried-about-anybody-taking-his-job/

Quote

“We did our homework,” Arians said. “Everything about the guy — he’s accurate, he’s smart; he’s tough; he knows how to move inside the pocket. We don’t draft guys to run. We draft them to throw, and he’s accurate as hell. Really excited about him.

Arians on Trask. 

TBH, it sounds a lot like Mac Jones. Why did Jones go 15th & Trask 64th? Is it just the pedigree of being in Alabama and winning a championship? Or perhaps Jones was better in interviews/medical

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/01/jason-licht-tom-brady-isnt-worried-about-anybody-taking-his-job/

Arians on Trask. 

TBH, it sounds a lot like Mac Jones. Why did Jones go 15th & Trask 64th? Is it just the pedigree of being in Alabama and winning a championship? Or perhaps Jones was better in interviews/medical

Some of that, Jones isn't an athlete but he is 3x the one that Trask is. Also, Trask looked absolutely terrible in his bowl game (Pitts and Toney skipped it though). Trask is bigger and Jones has a slightly better arm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...