With the 52nd pick, the Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

zelbell

Just now, bruceb said:

Yes, he is a playmaker.

Something we haven't had at any level except for Garrett.

I'd add ward- iced the dallas game, should have won us the first game of 2018 if it wasnt for all around incompetence of the coaching staff. A few games he has also been an absolute lockdown corner. 

He was great on year Freddie too and would have played the whole season but the coaches were over running the dbs. 

Another is schobert who was all play maker but not good enough vs the run or the pass.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd add ward- iced the dallas game, should have won us the first game of 2018 if it wasnt for all around incompetence of the coaching staff. A few games he has also been an absolute lockdown corner. 

He was great on year Freddie too and would have played the whole season but the coaches were over running the dbs. 

Another is schobert who was all play maker but not good enough vs the run or the pass.

I am talking about a playmaker like Polamalu.

Not a flash here or there but consistent, determinative disruption.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:45 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I love the speed and versatility of our defense.

I love having Anthony walker in the linebacker room to mentor jok, taki, Phillip's and wilson. 

And Tony Fields

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, dawgdish said:

Can't wait to see JOK lay the wood on Lamar Jackson when he tries to go for those cheap runs that our D was too slow to stop last year.

If I had to see Jackson just walking right around our LBs for one more season I was going to lose my mind haha

JOK and Delpit creeping up in the box is going to hopefully end all of those cheap bailout runs for 1st downs that have killed this Browns defense.

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If I had to see Jackson just walking right around our LBs for one more season I was going to lose my mind haha

JOK and Delpit creeping up in the box is going to hopefully end all of those cheap bailout runs for 1st downs that have killed this Browns defense.

And hopefully help stop that underneath bs that Lamar kills is with too.  We've dying for players that can cover TE's and short routes.

So a thought I was having. JOK is a very scheme specific player. You can’t just throw him into any defense (Or if you do he just won’t be as special as he would in a 4-2 scheme) let’s say joe woods blows and has to be fired. And Mike zimmer is available and stefanski hires him. Could JOK play in that scheme excel? Or is he that scheme specific that he wouldn’t be more than a gadget type defensive player. I could see zimmer trying to play him in the Barr spot. But Barr is 250-260. So JOK would have to add a lot of size. Which isn’t as easy as it seems. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So a thought I was having. JOK is a very scheme specific player. You can’t just throw him into any defense (Or if you do he just won’t be as special as he would in a 4-2 scheme) let’s say joe woods blows and has to be fired. And Mike zimmer is available and stefanski hires him. Could JOK play in that scheme excel? Or is he that scheme specific that he wouldn’t be more than a gadget type defensive player. I could see zimmer trying to play him in the Barr spot. But Barr is 250-260. So JOK would have to add a lot of size. Which isn’t as easy as it seems. 

He’s pretty scheme specific, but he could tack on 10-12 pounds and play in a Tampa 2 or something I’d imagine.

I really don’t think Woods is gonna blow.  He’s shown he’s at least competent when given good talent.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s pretty scheme specific, but he could tack on 10-12 pounds and play in a Tampa 2 or something I’d imagine.

I really don’t think Woods is gonna blow.  He’s shown he’s at least competent when given good talent.

Some players just can’t gain weight. Like mingo. Which is what worries me about JOK. As long as he’s protected by a large front 4 it’s fine. But if he has to shed blocks and go one on one with tackles that could be an issue. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Some players just can’t gain weight. Like mingo. Which is what worries me about JOK. As long as he’s protected by a large front 4 it’s fine. But if he has to shed blocks and go one on one with tackles that could be an issue. 

Well hopefully we don’t **** this up then I guess.