With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I definitely would have rather had Ben Cleveland or Meinerz (sp) but it is what is is. Of course Ben want to Baltimore. 

Trey Smith is still on the board. It sounds like the health stuff is less of a concern now (?). If so, I'd rate him at least as high as those two, if not higher. He's also 21 and can play guard or tackle. He was once talked about as a mid-first rounder.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Trey Smith is still on the board. It sounds like the health stuff is less of a concern now (?). If so, I'd rate him at least as high as those two, if not higher. He's also 21 and can play guard or tackle. He was once talked about as a mid-first rounder.

Big guys with injury history scare me, once backs and shoulders go on those guys they get in all kinds of trouble.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Big guys with injury history scare me, once backs and shoulders go on those guys they get in all kinds of trouble.

He had a shoulder injury that he played through, no other injury history that I'm aware of other than the blood clot deal (that seems to be under control now?).

He's a former five star for a reason and if healthy might outplay some of those first rounders.

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He had a shoulder injury that he played through, no other injury history that I'm aware of other than the blood clot deal (that seems to be under control now?).

He's a former five star for a reason and if healthy might outplay some of those first rounders.

Blood clots are often recurring unless they are provoked by flight or taking estrogen pills.

Hard to complain, he’s fast and will potentially bring a much needed deep threat dimension and may even be utilized on jets and end around run plays.

I personally was hoping for Tylan Wallace, but he’s still available.

6 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I definitely would have rather had Ben Cleveland or Meinerz (sp) but it is what is is. Of course Ben want to Baltimore. 

Watching him go there hurt me.

I realize he’s not a perfect scheme fit, but goddam there are only so many humans with his physical ability.

I’m not going to pretend I watched a ton of this dude before the draft or anything, but after familiarizing myself a bit, it’s clear his speed is truly elite.

Like, there are a lot of dudes who run a 4.3 something and who are “fast”, and then there are dudes who just look to have a next gear.  He’s that guy.

The 40 time is great and all, but we didn’t draft him to kick *** at a track meet.  The question becomes does he play that fast and it really seems like he does. He’s not an elite receiver, but his speed is elite and will require teams to respect it.

Damn I can’t wait for a linebacker or S to try to cover this dude in the slot 😂 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to pretend I watched a ton of this dude before the draft or anything, but after familiarizing myself a bit, it’s clear his speed is truly elite.

Like, there are a lot of dudes who run a 4.3 something and who are “fast”, and then there are dudes who just look to have a next gear.  He’s that guy.

The 40 time is great and all, but we didn’t draft him to kick *** at a track meet.  The question becomes does he play that fast and it really seems like he does. He’s not an elite receiver, but his speed is elite and will require teams to respect it.

Damn I can’t wait for a linebacker or S to try to cover this dude in the slot 😂 

you can tell he is not a wannabe track guy, dude does have some above avg hands. I think with how fast he is, to truly pass up an olympic career, where, he prolly could win a medal or two, he has to be able to bring more than pure speed and have a decent projection for a career.

46 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He holds the u-18 100m world record.

Just use him the way we wanted to use Jojo Natson.

i think be brings more to the table than jojo. give him Jojo’s spot and some more