NFL Draft Day 3 GDT

3 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Simple assault isn't nothing, but its the next thing to it judging by looking up the definition. A misdemeanor same as a most moving violations.

Apparently he punched a pregnant woman, I think his punishment will be more severe than a speeding ticket. 

16 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Apparently he punched a pregnant woman, I think his punishment will be more severe than a speeding ticket. 

oof, yeah, not good, I hadn't looked to see what he had actually done. The description of the violation made it sound very minor.

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🤢 Punching a woman is bad enough. Punching a pregnant woman is heartlessly criminal. This dude may be mentally unstable.

Your second sentence, my brain read it as he is a heartless animal. 

I'm comfortable in either sentiment. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Justin fields not really a thing for some teams

I really don't understand it. If he turns out being as good as I think he will then there are going to be a lot of NFL teams that look pretty stupid. Perhaps the epilepsy thing is bigger to NFL teams than I had anticipated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

I really don't understand it. If he turns out being as good as I think he will then there are going to be a lot of NFL teams that look pretty stupid. Perhaps the epilepsy thing is bigger to NFL teams than I had anticipated. 

Yeah Middlekauf said (after the draft) that he takes the maximum dosage of the epilepsy medication. He also said there are times when hammys can scare teams off of a player, and that all it takes for a doctor to be like "its fine buuut I had this one patient who had issues..." for NFL guys (who are not doctors) to get scared away by it. So I do think that was a bigger deal than we thought at the time. 

Also, he carried himself a little awkwardly after getting drafted. Didnt seem pumped at all. Allbright cryptically tweeted "sometimes its not the player, its the person" and I think that was about fields. On the field he is a competitor, but maybe teams didnt feel he carried himself that way off the field. IDK, im just trying to make sense of it. 

I am with @John232 - something must have happened at georgia. Maybe he lied about what happened to the NCAA so that he could play right away. Idk. 

As fans, we only have access to so much and basically everything we use to make these determinations comes from between the white lines. Hard for us to gauge the other side of it. So its easy for us to say that fields was the better prospect, because he did everything on the field you could have asked for. 

• Like 1