2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

55 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Signing Watkins changes nothing about how we poster WR.  Absolutely need two WRs in the first four picks.  If we went WR both first rounders, wouldnt flinch.

Definitely .. I'd take one in the first, one in the second, and one in the 4th.  Sammy Watkins barely moves the needle.. it's and ugly group of WR's still.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Signing Watkins changes nothing about how we poster WR.  Absolutely need two WRs in the first four picks.  If we went WR both first rounders, wouldnt flinch.

Lazard and Cobb are going to start, Watkins (if healthy) is going to start. There's no way we're using the two firsts on WR. The only reason we'd even use 2 of the top 4 picks on WRs is because only Rodgers is on the roster next year.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lazard and Cobb are going to start, Watkins (if healthy) is going to start. There's no way we're using the two firsts on WR. The only reason we'd even use 2 of the top 4 picks on WRs is because only Rodgers is on the roster next year.

You're going to be wrong and I'm going to tag you a thousand times

Edit: NVM I thought you said we wouldn't do it twice the first four picks

Edited by Norm

37 minutes ago, Norm said:

You're going to be wrong and I'm going to tag you a thousand times

Edit: NVM I thought you said we wouldn't do it twice the first four picks

You can still tag me and tell me I'm wrong, I took off Friday after the draft so I'll probably be drinking.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pickens is going to be the best WR from this draft. There isn't a thing on the field he can't do.

Here's some of the write up from Dane Brugler's draft guide

GEORGE PICKENS | Georgia 6032 | 195 lbs. | JR. Hoover, Ala. (Hoover) 3/4/2001 (age 21.15) #1

STRENGTHS: Tall, long athlete with growth potential ... has both short-area quickness and deep speed ... wins over the top with the ball-tracking skills to go and get the football ... graceful in midair to make full-extension grabs ... comfortable catching the ball away from his frame ... makes tight, 90-degree cuts to square off routes... sinks and snaps hips on comebacks ... fluid at the stem to hit another gear on post or corner routes ... works back to the ball at all three levels ... 71.1 percent ofcareer catches resulted in a first down or touchdown ... powers through press and plays with some dog to him ... looked like he belonged in the SEC the moment he
arrived in Athens as a true freshman ... experienced lining up inside, outside and all over the formation.

WEAKNESSES: Lean-framed, and would benefit from continuing to add bulk ... will lose body position to physical cornerbacks downfield ... still learning how to be a more precise route runner ... has some wasted steps or momentum in route setup, and needs to develop better consistency ... excessive steps vs. press, and learning how to be more efficient at the line ... occasionally allows throws to get on top of him ... only average post-catch acceleration, and not very elusive ... willing blocker, but falls off contact quickly ... had several immature moments early in his career: ejected from a game as a freshman for trading punches with a Georgia Tech
defender, and was suspended for a half the following game (November 2019); was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for spraying water on a Tennessee player on the sideline (October 2020) ... missed most of the 2021 season because of a torn ACL in his right knee during 2021 spring practices (March 2021).

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Georgia, Pickens was the X receiver in offensive coordinator Todd Monken’s balanced scheme. Shortly after he enrolled, Bulldogs’ coaches said he was the most talented receiver on the roster, and he didn’t disappoint (led the team in receiving in 2019 with several freshman receiving records),but his past two seasons were marred by injuries, most notably his 2021 ACL tear. Pickens is a balanced athlete, with fluidity at the stem and the wheels to win vertically, skillfully tracking the deep ball. While his competitiveness is a plus, he lacks discipline in several areas of the position and lost a year of on-field development because of his injury. Overall, Pickens has a discount sticker on him after missing most of the 2021 season, but he is a graceful athlete with
outstanding ball-tracking and 50-50 finishing skills. He has WR1 traits and potential if he returns to pre-injury form and continues to refine his routes.

GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 47 overall

ProFootballTalk -    No prospect should attend the draft without an appearance fee. Why be an unpaid prop in a TV show from which the NFL generates significant profit? Most of the kids are brainwashed by the idea it's an "honor." It's exploitation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Clearly doesn’t know Packers drafting history and metrics. I can see Olave, they just have to get over him being just alittle to small/skinny. For Dean they would have to really look past his height. 

Based on the board GB should be take Davis.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the 16 career drops on 120 catchable targets, as well as the fact that he faced almost no contested catches at NDSU, and when he did, he didn't convert them, he's got one of the worst contested catch rates per PFF.

Watson could be the best WR in the draft, or he could be out of the league in 3 years. He's going top 50, so it's going to take guts and faith in your system to draft him. 

How many drops did PFF have him for this year? I’m generally curious. Steelers Depot tracked every one of his targets and had him down for 2 drops (43 receptions) on 59 targets. He actually does have some contested catches on his tape. Check out the Missouri State game. It’s still his biggest weakness, but he’s not the type of receiver (with his athleticism) that needs to be good at contested catches to be good in the NFL. He runs better routes than you’d think.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You can still tag me and tell me I'm wrong, I took off Friday after the draft so I'll probably be drinking.

I have to work that ******* Saturday and it's the last Saturday until August we have to work and oh boy did big boss here about it today. 

Same dude who takes a whole day off to watch his kids play F Team sports but heaven forbid I want a day off for something I enjoy.

Told him pretend my kid might get drafted. 

• Like 2