2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

aka...London's results over the last few weeks in the 40 weren't what he was hoping for...

I think teams are going to be scared off from a competition standpoint.  If he wasn't planning on doing the athletic testing, why would he not have said something about it beforehand?  Maybe he did and we weren't privy to it.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't see Amari as auto-lock this year. I don't think the Packers will carry him just to carry him. However, I also don't think that's going to be an issue because I think Amari will take "some" sort of step forward. The guy is a very talented player who excelled at one of the best programs in the country against the best competition. Also has decent bloodlines. He may not become a star but I don't see a J'mon Moore burnout here. 

He may not be a lock like Lazard, but he's as close to being a lock without being a lock.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

With a new special teams coach, will there be any emphasis on drafting ST players in the later rounds? Or is the focus still on positional depth all the way through?

We'll find out in 2 weeks. Don't think there's a single person on this board qualified to give you that answer.

8 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

So Amari is going to roll both ankles and not be very effective?

Are we sure it wasn't something like that which he was dealing with last year?  Not specifically an ankle thing, but some issue that the Packers were not obligated to disclose that they were nonetheless aware of.

4 hours ago, hitnhope said:

The flip side is also true.  A poster can say why they don't like the pick, get hammered on this forum for their opinion only to be proven more right about the pick than the team was.  Expecting the person to stay quiet about it after being abused for their opinion is asking a lot.

This is a site for Packer fans, and so often people WANT the pick to turn out and defend to the nth degree what should have been open to real question.   The 2015 draft is a good example.  The Packers got very little out of that draft, yet people who criticized it got hammered.

It's forum mentality.   Same thing happened on Bears forums when a subset of their fans criticized giving up the farm for Mack when the rest of the team wasn't good enough for that move to make sense.  They got abused on the forum even though they were dead right.

I would expect a poster who expressed a strong opinion that turned out they were right, to want to post, to say that.....especially if they took some stick for their opinion. They have every right to. All I'm saying is that they are unlikely to get answering posts in response saying "Gosh ! You were right". Forums don't tend to work that way, so it's just like you said in the your last para, it's a forum mentality.

31 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

With a new special teams coach, will there be any emphasis on drafting ST players in the later rounds? Or is the focus still on positional depth all the way through?

I feel as though I'm qualified to answer this question.

My answer is: yes

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I would expect a poster who expressed a strong opinion that turned out they were right, to want to post, to say that.....especially if they took some stick for their opinion. They have every right to. All I'm saying is that they are unlikely to get answering posts in response saying "Gosh ! You were right". Forums don't tend to work that way, so it's just like you said in the your last para, it's a forum mentality.

Nah i dont care about you nerds. The self gratification is enough. As i whisper to myself "these guys dont know im a genius." Big dumb idiots.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Nah i dont care about you nerds. The self gratification is enough. As i whisper to myself "these guys dont know im a genius." Big dumb idiots.

Are you me?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

With a new special teams coach, will there be any emphasis on drafting ST players in the later rounds?

The Packers already got Bisaccia his preferred punter in O'Donnell and Rich adds a little more flavor here answering a question at the 12:30 mark

Putting together the front 6 in punt protection is a key goal for him and he may ask for certain body types to achieve that goal.

15 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

London not running a 40 could cost him several draft slots. It might well be on the advice of his agent.

Will it cost him more than running a slow(ish) 40 would ? Time will tell. 

Probably did the right thing tbh. Though I was curious where that would land