2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Let's not count on this though haha.

Truth be told I've been so stuck on the first couple tiers of guys I never bothered to look for your late pick sleeper guys which used to be my obsession. 

The only one I ever heard about was some guy from Idaho (State? I think)...

Trying to get spring cleaning started but might take a break with that for a bit.

Just in case you get really bored and want a few deep sleepers that may be on the Packers radar. 

A few day 3 types; Kevin Austin Jr., Tyquan Thornton, Velus Jones Jr., Samori Toure, Erik Ezukanma, Bo Melton, Ty Fryfogle, Makai Polk, Isaiah Weston, Michael Woods, Tanner Conner

A few UDFA types; Dee Anderson, Sy Barnett, Samson Nacua, Tyshaun James, Brenden Schooler, Derek Wright, Ra'shaun Henry 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, R T said:

Just in case you get really bored and want a few deep sleepers that may be on the Packers radar. 

A few day 3 types; Kevin Austin Jr., Tyquan Thornton, Velus Jones Jr., Samori Toure, Erik Ezukanma, Bo Melton, Ty Fryfogle, Makai Polk, Isaiah Weston, Michael Woods, Tanner Conner

A few UDFA types; Dee Anderson, Sy Barnett, Samson Nacua, Tyshaun James, Brenden Schooler, Derek Wright, Ra'shaun Henry 

Perfect thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norm said:

99.9% sure he watched this on a podcast that autoplayed on YouTube for me last week where he talked mostly about the top ten picks but talked about other rumors on it. 

Think i came across it. It was about as worthless as expected especially since Florio is involved.

Packers add Sammy Watkins, seek more WR help in 2022 NFL draft | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports - YouTube

12 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Super duper ultra deep sleeper (most likely UDFA but you never know) would be Dareke Young from Lenoir-Ryne.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21570

That is a very good find, someone has a draftable grade on him, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe Lance Zierlein? The Packers have signed a number of UDFA's from those mid-Atlantic D-2 schools over the years too.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We also signed Piere-Jean-Luc-Napoleon-Saint Laurant a couple of years ago but he never did anything.

The Packer seamstress stepped in on that one after making one  jersey nameplate and said he's gotta go.

Will be interesting to see the "blocking effect" on our board for WRs. I can tell you if that's a high priority Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson aren't on our board and we'll be selecting from Drake London, Treylon Burks, George Pickens and Alec Pierce.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Will be interesting to see the "blocking effect" on our board for WRs. I can tell you if that's a high priority Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson aren't on our board and we'll be selecting from Drake London, Treylon Burks, George Pickens and Alec Pierce.

I'm just not sold on London's lack of explosion for an offense that desperately needs that component with guys like Lazard and Cobb already on the roster. If we come away with just one of Burks, Pickens or Pierce I'll be satisfied. The home run would be one of Burks/Pickens and then Pierce lasting until 59. That duo would be your future at WR while adding talent to the present as well. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Finally someone nails it.

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm just not sold on London's lack of explosion for an offense that desperately needs that component with guys like Lazard and Cobb already on the roster. If we come away with just one of Burks, Pickens or Pierce I'll be satisfied. The home run would be one of Burks/Pickens and then Pierce lasting until 59. That duo would be your future at WR while adding talent to the present as well. 

Love Burks .. think he's a tremendous steal if he makes it to #22.  They'll have to be creative with him early on, but he's got the look of a #1 WR.  Super productive in a top flight conference.  He'll need a lot of work on route running, but he can come right in an be a physical YAC beast on day one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, they seem to like those big blocker types.  I like Pierce, hope they find a way to get him.  Smart kid.